PCNs, private land & permits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can some one help with this one. From what Ive read on this site, I dont think we have to pay, but just to be sure......

I own a flat which has residential parking. On the underlease and plans I have a designated parking space and there is also visitor parking, but people just park anywhere. Since I have lived there, a Wheel Clamping company have had signs warning that you will be clamped if parked without a permit.

These permits were supplied by the agents who manage the buildings.

Recently, I received a PCN for having an expired permit. My partner then also received a PCN for parking at the property despite a note in the car stating which property he was at because he didnt have a permit. Then a friend also got a ticket for visiting me (for 15minutes) for not having a permit!

I wrote to the company and appealed to all of these tickets- surprise surprise- appeal rejected!!

The management company admit to setting up the contract with a Wheel Clamping company but thats all they will do/say.

Furthermore, the PCNs we received arent actually from the WheelClamping company but a different parking fines company- there were no signs up from this other company.

Ive received a letter from a debt collecting agency demanding payment for my ticket and I know that my friend and partner will soon be getting similar letters- Do we have pay?? what do we do??

Any help would gratefully be received!