StayingCalm vs Abbey with no CCA**WON**

StayingCalm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Paul

Thanks so very very much. Not been able to study it all fully yet, that will take quite a while, but it looks brilliant:):D

When the site went down this evening I really started to panic.

Two points I have noted so far

As the court is Northampton CCBC is 3 b & c applicable.

Although I had not mentioned it in my thread I first disputed this agreement with Abbey in Sept 07. Only on finding this site in February 08 did I follow the correct procedures. Not sure if this should be included in para 8.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul

Thanks so very very much. Not been able to study it all fully yet, that will take quite a while, but it looks brilliant:):D

When the site went down this evening I really started to panic.

Two points I have noted so far

As the court is Northampton CCBC is 3 b & c applicable.YES most definatley,they should not IMHO have issued using the CCBC as this is a consumer credit claim they should in the interests of fairness supplied a copy of the agreement with the claim form

Although I had not mentioned it in my thread I first disputed this agreement with Abbey in Sept 07. Only on finding this site in February 08 did I follow the correct procedures. Not sure if this should be included in para 8.well that something for you to consider adding

just one thing , you need to go through the defence and put in where it says Exhibit SC you need to change that to your initials and the exhibits MUST run in order, so Exhibit 1 the 2 then 3 and so on and so on

also i would attach a photo copy of each letter you have sent with the defence to show your arguement is correct

Once again many many thanks Paul for a superb defence, still trying to take it all in.

If its OK with you I will post in the morning if there is anything I dont understand or need help with.

Thank you so much for all your time.

Hi Paul

You say send copies of all my letters. Do these all have to be mentioned in the defence and labelled as exhibits’?

RE NO: 20 Same with their harassment letters to me

Also should I include my letters to Restons and their letters

45 they have not supplied anything so should I put purported agreement

48 what exhibits do I need here

55 should both DO and NOT be in caps and underlined, as all Default Notices that I have seen only seem to have the NOT in caps and underlined

Should i include reserve right to amend defence if they supply further details

Default balance includes penalty charges, should this be mentioned.

Edited by StayingCalm
Added No: 20

Hi Paul

You say send copies of all my letters. Do these all have to be mentioned in the defence and labelled as exhibits’?

Same with their harassment letters to me

Also should I include my letters to Restons and their letters

45 they have not supplied anything so should I put purported agreement Ah change that to "declare the agreement unenforceable".

48 what exhibits do I need here, Attach a copy of the Default notice

55 should both DO and NOT be in caps and underlined, as all Default Notices that I have seen only seem to have the NOT in caps and underlined Yes it is a requirement of the regulations that they are presented in the form within the regulations with no variations, the defence shows exactly how it should look

Should i include reserve right to amend defence if they supply further details yes

Default balance includes penalty charges, should this be mentioned.

ive answered as much as i can, ive gotta go out so i will be back in a while

48. it is submitted that the default notice served under s87 (1) Consumer credit act 1974 failed to comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) See attached exhibit SC1,2,3 etc

i have highlighted the salient points

it is saying the default they sent you is rubbish as it is non compliant

UPDATE

My Defence was posted Spec Delivery on Tuesday and was received and processed on Wed 28th as confirmed by MCOL.

Yesterday i received this letter from the Court Manager:

I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Not sure exactly what this means. Nothing about ordering the claimant to supply any documents. Could anyone please explain the implications.

Many thanks

sc

UPDATE

My Defence was posted Spec Delivery on Tuesday and was received and processed on Wed 28th as confirmed by MCOL.

Yesterday i received this letter from the Court Manager:

I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Not sure exactly what this means. Nothing about ordering the claimant to supply any documents. Could anyone please explain the implications.

Many thanks

sc

nothing to worry about

it is quite normal, what has happened is that the defence has now been sent to the claimant, they will now consider if they wish to proceed or not

iti s highly likely that, depending on how switched on their solicitors are, they will decide their ass is gonna get a real whoooopin and discontinue, but nothing is certain at this stage.

its a waiting game from here on

after 33 days have passed, i would give the court a call, and ask what is happening

Just a point (sorry if i drive it off course a little) but I was looking at the document scans. I assumed under law that solicitors could not be a limited company but only a partnership. Looking at the bottom of the letter it says Restons Ltd ?

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

In July I received an Allocation Questionnaire from my local court which I completed and returned.

I have now received the following:

Notice of Case Management Conference

This will take place in November and 30 minutes have been allowed. Also a Note saying 'This case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different Court'

Notice of Allocation to the Fast Track

DEPUTY DISTRICT JUDGE XXXXX XXXXXXX has considered the statements of case and allocation questionaires filed, and allocated the claim to the fast track.

The judge orders that you and the other parties prepare for trial as follows:

There be standard disclosure of documents by list between the parties by serving copies together with a disclosure statement by 4 pm on 20th August 2008.

A defaulting party will not be permitted to rely on any document of which disclosure has not been given pursuant to this order.

Each party shall serve on every other party the statements of all witnesses as to fact upon which he intends to rely at trial. There shall be simultaneous exchange of such statements no later than 4 pm on 12th September 2008.

The witness statements shall stand as evidence in chief at trial.

Evidence will not be permitted at trial from any witness whose statement has not been disclosed in accordance with this order.

No expert evidence being necessary, no party has permission to call or rely on expert evidence.

The matter be listed for Case Management Conference before the District Judge on xx November 2008 at xx:xx (time estimare: 30 minutes).

Costs be in the case.

Any party affected by the terms of this order may apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days from service.

PLEASE COULD I HAVE SOME ADVICE AS I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS REQUIRED, and list of documents has to be served by 20th August.

sc

Having further thoughts on this now. Does the Disclosure List refer to documents for the Case Managment Conference or for the defence as a whole.

If it is for the complete defence this is difficult because the other side still has not produced any documents, agreement etc. and my defence reserves the right to amend if and when they supply any docs.

Should I therefore be asking for this order to be set aside or varied and ask the other side to produce any docs etc.

If so I please could someone advise how I should do this as the 7 days wil be up by the end of the week.

I understand Paul is very busy at the mo, so he might not have time to advise.

Many thanks

sc

It's just starting to get interesting - Still waiting for responses from two places but A&L are starting to play hard ball I think...Preparing my defence as we speak...:D

I'll ask a couple of people if they will have a look at your thread...

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Subscribing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

right, ok, you need to put together disclosure by list,

Hmm, there is a tread that you could use as i am not around at the moment save for this reply

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/124572-hfc-no-agreement-amended-6.html#post1347693

Post 103 gives you an idea of what is required

Basically its a list of documents that you have in your possession

you need to send this to the other side by the 20th

I hope this offers some help

Regards

Paul

u could ask the courts to demand they comply with ur cpr request.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.