Just found out that Southern electric are fitting a repayment meter on thursday! PLEASE HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a phone call from Southern Electric informing me that they will be fitting a prepayment meter on Thursday, after I got over the shock she tells me that a company called Richburns - their agents took me to Court and now have the right to break into my house if I am not in on Thursday!

She had no information at all regarding the Court date or anything to do with it, going to call her in the morning as she said she would find out.

Is their anything I can do to prevent this?

When I have the info can I call the Court and tell them I was not notified and maybe have this suspended?

If anyone can help/advise I would be very grateful.

You should have received notification with a minimum 14 days notice of the court date from Richburns to enable you to make any objections. It would be possible to contact the local Magistrates court and try for a suspension but on what grounds ? Do you dispute the debt ? For the Magistrates to suspend the warrant you may have to gives grounds for the suspension, however they may suspend based on your claim you didnt receive any notification. My advice would be to talk to Southern as they call to try to resolve the matter before actioning the warrant.