Virgin Media have done it again!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Piddled me right off that is! I previously posted about my Virgin experience here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/broadband-other-internet-issues/139714-has-anyone-got-contact.html

Well...this afternoon my new wireless router arrived with handy "plug and play" installation and CD setup.

Half an hour of fafthing I gave in and called Virgin Media Technical "Support" (25p a minute plus 10p connection charge). First woman I spoke to logged my issue and offered to call me back to save my phone bill. 25 minutes later I gave up waiting and called tech support again.

Went through the whole bloody thing again, explaining exactly what had happened blah blah blah (basically half way through the cd installer it causes my laptop to blue screeen). This woman again offered to ring me back and promised to do so in 15 minutes and if not ring back and ask for her.

ANyway she rang...and it was all going far too well. she was explaining how to set the thing up manually. Then discovered that Virgins helpful helpful CD had disabled the Windows Wireless Connection Manager. This woman would not accept it!!! wouldnt have it that this worked perfectly fine until I tried to install virgin wireless manager. So she put me on hold. For 20 minutes. Before disconnecting me.

So I rang back, asked to speak to "Nipja" as had been told to. Cant do that. Virgin have call handlers globally, and they cant possibly trace her. :confused:

I then had to GO THROUGH THE WHOLE BLOODY THING AGAIN. We are over 2 hours in by this point, and I am back to this man asking me if I have tried installing the CD? "and have you tried restarting the computer madam?":-o

This guy called me back adter going to have a think (he learnt some new words tonight!), and put me through to his supervisor.

Supervisor (2 minutes into the call) says "Sounds like you have a faulty disk madam, I will arrange for a new one to be dispatched to you" (supervisor also learnt some new words tonight).

SUpervisor then offered to put me through to customer services so that I could make a complaint. That brightened my day - its been a while since I laughed that hard (possibly since the last time I tried to contact virgin media customer services). I hung up at that point and promptly dispatched a very long email to Virgin Media Chief Execs right hand woman who was absolutely wonderful last time...

Ok feel slightly better now Ive got that out!:cool:

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

Will it please you to know that from 1st June tech support will be free!

When the problem is Virgins, they usually reimburse the cost of the call, did you ask them to?

Will it please you to know that from 1st June tech support will be free!

When the problem is Virgins, they usually reimburse the cost of the call, did you ask them to?

Oh trust me they have! I am still not wireless though...