Capquest Help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I left orange and currently owed them £180, i forgot about paying this untill i received a letter from capquest. I was slighty shocked when i opened the letter to see it says i now currently owe £472.00. £292 in charges! Can i challenge these charges? I dont dispute the £180 as i know i owe this but surely i shouldnt have to pay an extra £292 in charges to capquest seeing as they are only acting on behalf of Orange.

Any help would be great

Yellow

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

If you did not receive a bye-bye letter from Orange (and a hello letter from Capquest) then write to O and ask them for a statement of account and a breakdown of how the additional sum was calculated. Tell them in the letter you consider the matter to be indispute and won't be paying them any money until the matter is resolved.

You should write to Capquest informing them the matter is in dispute - what the dispute is about is of no concern to them - and they should refer back to their client unless they have bought the debt.

they havnt bought the debt as it says on their letter collecting on behalf of Orange. I didnt receive anything from Orange just a letter from capquest saying they have been instructed to collect the above outstanding amount of £472.00. I can see now how people struggle to pay debts off, If it was only the £180 then it would be no problem but to find an extra £292 to pay capquest is stupid and beyond my means. Its difficult to get orange to accept the payments as they always refer you back to capquest who are dealing with the account.

Is there any contact details for orange where someone will look into this for me?

Yellow

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

### Sorry im confused### Its not Capquest that are chasing me (Thats a different story) It is DLC that are chasing for Orange.

Doesn't matter who is doing the chasing - the matter is still in the hands of Orange as the original creditor. The letter goes to them.

If the debt collectors become stroppy. aggressive and bothersome write and tell to back off, the matter's in dispute, its none of their business. This will also reflect badly on Orange because they are responsible for the actions of their collectors.

Hi Yellow160.

You say that Orange refer you back to the DCA when you try and pay them, can you not pay them through online banking? Just a thought and good luck.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Hi,

Thats a good idea, will give it a try today. Does anyone have contact details for Orange? Emaill addy or postal address?

Yellow

Orange email address which goes to high level complaints

executive.office@orange-ftgroup.com - I've used it a number times to get problems resolved where Customer Service simply don't bother. - Also try 0800-0790-134 direct number to the Executive Office, plus none of the annoying "Press 1 for..." answered with in a few rings, number and e-mail address was supplied to me by OfCom after making a number of complaints.

You'll get a reply within a few days if not hours from Orange.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.