Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tills, you can take them up on their offer of a FREE valuation, but I'd have a seperate valuation done so you know exactly how much (if anything) you are giving up. Problem with the 75% situation, is that more and more analysts are predicting a downturn, some as much as 40%, so these companies may use that to justify a lower offer. Stay on your toes Lady.

Hi Tilly, i'm still around and full of admiration. I made enquiries with one of these companies a couple of years ago. I was certainly shocked at how little they offered. I suspect your gut instinct to be wary is right, but it's not worth leaving any stone unturned in this situation.

As an extreme long shot, i'm still hoping one of us will win the lottery :rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

TILLY, PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!

I've been having a bit of a search, & I found this A Dangerous way to get out of DebtBasically it tells you that it's a WIN-WIN situation for them, & a NO-WIN situation for you. Please read the article before you commit to anything, & please be very careful around these companies, it seems as though they're like vultures towards people who are desperate to sell as quickly as possible.

Has anyone turned stone the right way up yet?

Edited by ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jade

Thanks flower, believe me i don't intend to commit to anything, :rolleyes: like hopefull said my gut instict tells me know. But thankyou for the link.

Tills

Ps stone is now up the right way

It must be lets get stone day again.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Jade your right, and i hope many posts on this thread will be helpfull to many people that find there selves in a simular situation.

peeps stop picking on stone :confused::D

I was offered one of these and they took so long to get sorted out it didn't work out.

It is almost impossible to have a win-win situation for the home owner when repossession is instigated (and it isn't always as a last resort as they keep trying to tell you - one missed payment is all it takes these days - and there is plenty of evidence to support that about).

What would be sensible is for the mortgage lenders to have a scheme where they buy 25% of the NORMAL value of your home and that way everybody wins... you have some cash to pay off the arrears, and they could possibly keep the rest for three to six months before releasing the balance to you... what do other people think?

• Haha 1

Hi sg, I've heard of it many times in the past, where you 'Buy 2 Rent', but I don't think it applies to Tilly's case, as unfortunately I honestly don't think that the mortgage lenders would even contemplate (big word for me this early on Sunday) going down that road, now or in the future. Lets face it, they're far too busy trying to take all our money as it is. But I must agree with you, it's a reasonably good idea.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a thought Tils, Have you tried your local housing assn ? a couple in my area have been known to buy ex council houses back from the owners and leave them as sitting tenants when their local stock of properties has been low for peeps in similar situs to to yours.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

To be honest guys, with a view to my current situation, i dont think i want to stay here any longer than i have too now, thats does'nt mean im giving up what i mean is staying until hopefully sell the house or get told leave. So i think the sell to rent is a non starter anyway.

Edited by **Tilly**

I totally understand what you're saying Tills, in the light of everything that's happened, no-one can blame you at all.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The housing market is so slow at the moment, i think i have seen 3 sold boards go up, but there are many for sale signs so im not alone there are loads of peeps trying to

do the same.

Yes, unfortunately it's slow everywhere, & it won't help with all these rules & regulations they've started with. Certificates for windows, boilers, wiring, etc etc blah blah .............

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, unfortunately it's slow everywhere, & it won't help with all these rules & regulations they've started with. Certificates for windows, boilers, wiring, etc etc blah blah .............

Well im on the ball there jade i have all mine :D

I never doubted you Tills, one things for sure, no-one will manage to get one over on you hun, which is why we know that you can do this.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Morning Tilly and everyone!!

I will make sure the info gets to you- still pursuing, but as you say and others have said previously, this sell to rent/ rent back does not look hopeful. It is doubtfull if ME would agree to the sale at such a discounted price in any case, unfortunately. Time is also an issue.

Stone, the H/A option to buy has been investigated as suggested in earlier posts. It would make sense if the Housing Corporation focussed more attention on this area for people in this situation. Unfortunately, it does not look like an option in Tillys area.

Immediate priority needs to be N244 updated and focussing on housing/ living arrangements.

Take care Tilly and ask any questions as you need to.

Edited by kennythecelt

Morning Kenny

Yes i agree with you on the sellt to rent, the n244 needs to be udated asap like you say being offline is not helping :evil:

The living arrangments at the moment are my daughter is going to stay with her brother, me with my sister not ideal i know, but at the moment have no choice.

Good Luck **Lilly**

Our thoughts are with you.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I have been looking at private rentals but here the rents start from 580.00 for a 1 bed flat upwards for houses, although i have sorted out other benefits, they wont give me housing benefit until im out of here :confused:

Tilly, there is something that has crossed my mind and that is the possession order. I'm wondering if at the moment you would be able to sell the house yourself as I'm not sure if technically and legally it is yours to sell. Although you still have access to it and are living there the order came into effect on 27th May.

If you got enough to cover the full debt it may not be a problem. If in reality you are unlikely to cover the full debt, and as you don't want to keep the house I'm beginning to wonder if the N244 is the best way to go.

Being totally realistic, if you are still likely to owe ME a very large amount of money after the house as sold, I'm wondering if you may be better to look at alternative ways of clearing the debt.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.