robertsdj vs NatWest - we won!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Should have started this thread a week or so ago. Have been through the letters process as per the FAQS and received standard negative responses and issued claim on MCOL as below:

Claim issued 29/06/06

Claim number 6QZ42232

Amount claimed £1464.32 incl. costs and interest

NatWest acknowledged the claim on 3/07/06 and I just wondered if, in other people's experiences, it is normal for them to do this to gain the extra 14 days?

Thanks to everyone on this website for all the fantastic advice and support!!

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

NatWest SETTLED IN FULL 25/08/06

Capital One settled in full 12/10/06

LTSB prelim letter sent 25/08/06

LTSB standard prelim response received 02/09/06

LBA sent 15/09/06

DONATE TO THIS SITE BY CLICKING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

Well now I've taken the time to read through the latest updates I've answered my own question! Looks like I've got a wait and a defence to look forward to. Kepp you posted.

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

LBA sent 15/09/06

• 2 weeks later...

Well just sitting here waiting for my 28 days to expire, which just happens to be the last day of my holiday! Noticed that NatWest seem to be settling some claims quickly but not others, any thoughts on why that is? I don't think my claim is particularly high in relation to some others on here, so it can't be the value.

LBA sent 15/09/06

I'm getting a bit paranoid as the only poster on my own thread!! Anyway, is anyone else out there at about the same stage of things as me, waiting for 28 days to end?

LBA sent 15/09/06

Lol well im replying to you as no one else has yet. I haven't got as far as you as im at the start of my claim but just waiting for the copy statements to arrive.

Im crossing my fingers as im unsure if they will set a court date to set down laws on charges soon so im hoping i get it out the way before then cos we have had our charges refunded alot now.

Yes im noticing they are refunding more claims than others, not too sure why this is, i expect they are looking into the history of the account.

I hope it all goes well. Do keep us all posted.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

hey, i posted the thread before you and also have had no replies! my 28 days is up tomorrow and they have just filed a defence. but i need to know off people what happens now, ie is a defence normal etc.

most peoples threads seem all over the place so trying to track down someone at the same stage as you is v hard!!

however, it does seem normal practice for them to wait until the very last days before they do anything. however, like you said, it does seem that some people get paid off quicker than others so it would be good to get views on why this is...

hey, i posted the thread before you and also have had no replies! my 28 days is up tomorrow and they have just filed a defence. but i need to know off people what happens now, ie is a defence normal etc.

most peoples threads seem all over the place so trying to track down someone at the same stage as you is v hard!!

however, it does seem normal practice for them to wait until the very last days before they do anything. however, like you said, it does seem that some people get paid off quicker than others so it would be good to get views on why this is...

Oh I feel alive now!

Anyway, the defence is normal, you should now receive an Allocation Questionnaire. Have a look at Timinio and Scissorhearts posts, they've just been through this. rbrears post on the general forum gives good advice on how to respond next.

Good luck!

LBA sent 15/09/06

• 2 weeks later...

Received the NatWest defence CPR Part 18 request as expected this morning (28 days up at midnight last night). I intend to right a polite letter re Part 18 not being applicable as listing will be heard on Small Claims Track - do I need to do anything firther at this stage, or just wait for the Court to give a date?

LBA sent 15/09/06

It's good to know that there is someone on the same timescale as me - fingers crossed for us both!!

I recieved the AQ today as well and am in the process of writing my amended particulars of claim and part 18 request for NatWest as rbrears did. I remembered that he had responded to the part 18 in order to serve one of his own on NatWest.

LBA sent 15/09/06

Hi there, the best advice for MCOL claim filing is here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/634-guide-notes-completing-moneyclaim.html

Good luck and keep us posted!

LBA sent 15/09/06

Hi thanks for that, i've been trying to open the N1 form in PDF but it wont open for some reason, getting a bit frustrated, my final 14 days ran out on 31 july, going away tomorrow, just wondering if I can lodge my claim a week or 2 later than that date, I'm doing it the old fashioned way through my local county court

Hi thanks for that, i've been trying to open the N1 form in PDF but it wont open for some reason, getting a bit frustrated, my final 14 days ran out on 31 july, going away tomorrow, just wondering if I can lodge my claim a week or 2 later than that date, I'm doing it the old fashioned way through my local county court

Just pm'd you with half a further response. No reason why you shouldn't wait until you get back from hols.

LBA sent 15/09/06

• 3 weeks later...

Offer of £800 received yesterday! Can I have some advice in what to put in my "accepting the offer, but continuing with the claim" please?

LBA sent 15/09/06

Offer of £800 received yesterday! Can I have some advice in what to put in my "accepting the offer, but continuing with the claim" please?

Hi :)

I did a quick search in the NatWest thread for you and came up with this e.g.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/24380-been-made-offer.html?highlight=partial+offer#post190076

It has an example of what such a letter could look like, and maybe you could change it a bit for your purpose...?

Anyway, good luck - I'm still waiting for my statements, so quite far behind you! :(

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

Thank you and good luck to you too!

LBA sent 15/09/06

Well "no thanks" letter sent and AQ filed yesterday, so it's back to the waiting game again.

LBA sent 15/09/06

The impression I get from reading around the threads is that most people when made an 'OFFER' short of their claim tell the banks they will accept the offer as an interim payment but will continue with the claim in full.

The impression I get from reading around the threads is that most people when made an 'OFFER' short of their claim tell the banks they will accept the offer as an interim payment but will continue with the claim in full.

That's right, people will take whatever the banks offer - but still carry with their claim on until they pay them the full amount thay owe. ;)

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

Copy of NatWest AQ received today with covering letter stating that it had been filed 22 August. Final day for filing AQ was 21 August.

Anyone know if it puts me in a stronger position that Cobbett's missed the deadline by a day?

Those of you who received full refunds after partial offers, did Cobbetts still file an AQ?

Nerves starting to get the better of me now - thinking I might have a day in court [chews nails to the stump]

LBA sent 15/09/06

Hello anybody there?

LBA sent 15/09/06

I hung on until the last second with the AQ as the filing date was a Sunday (basically `cos I didn`t want to fork out more money). I got the cheque 24 hrs before that date. Just keep an eye out for that big white envelope you`ve been expecting.

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

It's arrived!! Cheque for full amount and no conditions other than all court action to stop.

Thank you, thank you to everyone here for all the fab advice and support!!

LBA sent 15/09/06