Cabot/Morgan Solicitors-Court Action (ex Goldfish account)

barns66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barns66, any update on your case? We seem to be following the same track. Good luck.

DC.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?250651-Court-Papers-arrived-DebtControl-V-Cabot-MSDW

Hi

I have received this morning from my local court a General Form of Judgement or Order,alas my scanner is broken and i can't scan the document and put it up,i will copy what it says,with out the personal details and the Judges name.It's dated 31st August 2010.Can any one advice what it means,is it Cabot that as to provide the documents asked for or me.

Before DISTRICT JUDGE * ****** sitting at ********** County Court

Upon the Courts own motion.The Court has made this order of it's own inititive without a hearing.If you object to the order,you must make an application to have it set aside,varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The particulars of claim endorsed on the claim form are inadequate.Full particulars of Claim should be filed by 14th September 2010 setting out the nature of the claim,a statement of account how the debt arose and when and the date of assignment.

Dated 16th August 2010.

barns66

Edited by barns66
  • Haha 1

Well this looks very interesting to me. It means the court don't think they have much of a case either. It's up to Cabot to produce these documents and give a full POC. You don't need to do anything unless you object to the court asking Cabot to produce this information.

If they don't produce the details as requested I would imagine the court will strike their case out. :-)

Well this looks very interesting to me. It means the court don't think they have much of a case either. It's up to Cabot to produce these documents and give a full POC. You don't need to do anything unless you object to the court asking Cabot to produce this information.

If they don't produce the details as requested I would imagine the court will strike their case out. :-)

This seems excellent news!

DC.

It wont just get struck out automatically if they dont comply with the judges order im afraid.

Be ready to make an application to the court to have the claim struck out, if they do not comply by 1600 on the said day.

You can do this on form n244, it will cost you though you can claim it back should you win.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

It wont just get struck out automatically if they dont comply with the judges order im afraid.

Be ready to make an application to the court to have the claim struck out, if they do not comply by 1600 on the said day.

You can do this on form n244, it will cost you though you can claim it back should you win.

Hi creditcardmug,thank you for the info.i will watch the date and if they do not comply,i will make an application on the n244 form to have it struck out.Once again thank yoy.

barns66

Hey barns

just seen your thread and that court order looks like excellent news, fingers and toes crossed for you mate

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Hey barns

just seen your thread and that court order looks like excellent news, fingers and toes crossed for you mate

Hadituptohere

Hi Hadituptohere,thanks gor your support on this matter,i will keep you all updasted as and when i hear more.

barns66

Just seen your order, congratulations for having a DJ who recognises what Cabot are up to! Fingers crossed that your post box remains empty.

Hi cymruambyth,thank you for the good wishes and your support and help.

barns66

• 2 weeks later...

Hi barns

Hope alls well, any news on this one?

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

HI

I have not heard anything from Morgan's or Cabot and i am

Going to give the court a call in the next day or two to see whats

Going on,I will post here when I find anything out.Thank you

Hadituptohere for all your help and interest in my case

barns66

No worries, your better leaving the court until monday/tuesday giving the court time to process the mail etc

Hadituptohere

Hi barns

any joy with the court regarding the directions and have you received docs yet?

Hadituptohere

Hi barns

any joy with the court regarding the directions and have you received docs yet?

Hadituptohere

Hi Hadituptohere

I have have been busy to day and did not get chance to phone the court,i will not be at home tomorrow,i will phone the court on Wednesday now.I have not heard anything from Cabot or Morgans either.

barns66

Cool, looks like its a application for an unless order if the courts havent received anything, fingers crossed

Hadituptohere

Still nothing barns??

Hadituptohere

Still nothing barns??

Hadituptohere

Hi Hadituptohere

Sorry for not posting before,i have returned home today,i have been away from home dealing with a urgent family matter.I thought when i returned there might be something in the post from either the court or Cabot/Morgans but nothing.I will give the court a call tomorrow to see whats going on.

barns66

Edited by barns66
adding

Ok no worries just thought to strike whilst the irons hot, Cabot can say they havent had enough time :lol:

Hope your well and things are sorted for you.

Hadituptohere

Ok no worries just thought to strike whilst the irons hot, Cabot can say they havent had enough time :lol:

Hope your well and things are sorted for you.

Hadituptohere

Hi Hadituptohere

I have received a letter from the court this morning,my scanner is still broke so i will copy the document sentminus all names and claim number and see what anybody thinks about it,

General Form of Jugement or Order In the xxxxxxxx County Court

Claim Number xxxxxxxx

Claiment Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited

CABOT FINACIAL (UK) LTD

Defendant xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date xxxxxxxxxx

To the defendant

All my details are correct un this box.

Before DISTRICT JUDGE XXXXXXXX sitting at xxxxxxxxxxx County Court xxxxxxxxx Law Courts followed by court address

Upon reading the Claiments Ex Parte application

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The time for compliance with the order 16 August 2010 is extebnded to 4pm on 15 October 2010. Indefault of compliance the claim be struck out.

Where the court has made an order under CPR 3.3 (4), a party affected by the order may apply to have it set asise,varied or stayed.Such an a[[lication must be made npt more than 7 days after the date on which the order was served on the party making the application (CPR 3.3 (5) and (6)

Dated 14 September 2010

Do i have to do anything now our wait for the 15th October 2010,any advice would be very welcome.

barns66

Well cabot have saved you a job applying for an Unless order, they have obviously applied for an time extension and the judge has made it an Unless order, sit back and wait for cabots responce/reply.

Hadituptohere