Introductory Tenancy And Co-habiting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

First of all my apologies if this is not the correct place for this thread but i didn't think it really fitted under Local Authority Disputes YET :-).

I hope someone can shed some light on my issue as i have searched everywhere for info but to no avail.

I have an introductory tenancy with my local council. It's a fairly new tenancy and i am thinking about letting my boyfriend move in. It says in the agreement that i can't have lodgers in the first 12 months, will he count as a lodger? And if not do i have to inform housing management that he is moving in or is it enough to declare him on my housing benefits application?

I am a bit confused because i also read that a person is considered to be co-habiting if he/she can prove to have lived at the address for a year.

It's just that i don't want to be in any trouble with Housing benefits etc.

Many thanks

Best thing to do would be to phone them, advise them you are THINKING about it only and get the answers from them.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.