Currys return policy **SUCCESS**

stewilko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i wonder if any one could help. I purchased, along with £1600 of other stuff from Curry's in Warrington a LG HDD/DVD recorder the end of january this year, and since getting it home have had nothing but problems with it. It gets getting DVDs stuck in the drawer and just locks, and keeps shutting down The recorder as been in for a repair once, took just over 3 weeks to return back to me. Had the recorder back two weeks and yet again it has done the same problem again.

Phoned 'whatever happens' and they say its a separate fault, which I dispute, its feel its the same problem, but they will not butch.

Do I have the right for a replacement or full refund, I'm totally unhappy with the product, i've lost trust in it etc. Any advice thanks

Unlikely for a full refund. But definitely a replacement. How can they say its the same problem over the phone? did some little man crawl down theline, examine the dvd without you seeing (well, he is rather small) and get back before the next word is uttered?

They are talking, in common parlance, crap. Contact the store telling them they have already carried out an unsuccessful repair, and under part 5A of SoGA you are now requiring them to replace, as repair is not appropriate. Their warranty has nothing to do with the issue - the law protects you here and they MUST comply.Do not budge - be polite but firm (and dont bother with those idiots in the tech department.)

Do please keep us updated.

Just like to thank you and the site for the advice. Phoned the shop where I purchased the dvd player yesterday and repeated what you said, I had a new and updated dvd player the same day. Many thanks ste