Help! Cheques for CCA requests cancelled in error

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

just need some advice on my position:

having sent CCA requests (recorded delivery) to Eversheds and Cabot some weeks ago, my partner received a letter from his bank saying that both these cheques were cancelled. This was the bank's error, and it's been (hopefully) sorted now, but where do I stand? Does the fact that I haven't paid my fee mean that my CCA requests are now invalid? I have had a solicitors letter from Cabot's cronies now saying it's progressed to legal collection and they will go to court blah blah, so I need to understand whether I need to send the whole CCA plus payment again, or just send new cheques, or wait for them to ask me. Plus, i was all fired up to send a snotty letter to the 'solicitor' and now I'm not sure if I can.

Any advice would be most welcome!

PS i am now getting about three calls a day from one or the other of them (I don't answer, but maybe I should?)

Help!

PPS i have not had any acknowledgement of either my letters, any CCA info or the payments (cancelled or not)

well, reluctantly I answered one of their calls today, and the guy was actually quite reasonable- he said they'd applied for the information I'd asked for but it takes up to 12 weeks bla bla. I said the LAW said they should already have it or they shouldn't be chasing a debt they have no evidence of. I advised that I would speak to them if they ever coughed up the documents, but until then, it was legally unenforceable and they shouldn't be contacting me. He tried a few ways to get me to confess to owning the debt but I just repeated myself. He was pretty respectful actually, so I was polite, and in the end he said he would check why I hadn't been sent an acknowledgement letter (which he offered off his own back, I didn't ask for that), and that he would put the account on hold until the documents came through.

If only they were all like that!

He did say that they ahd asked Citi for my 'application form'. I had to bite my tongue from telling him it's not the App form they need!

I felt a bit mean after, as he was quite nice. LOL.

I felt a bit mean after, as he was quite nice. LOL.

Naaa !! You must have had a dream :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert