Help Please re: CCA decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ooops! Sorry citizenB :p

That's precisely the reason Mr Z made a ruling that we never have drinks in the "office"! I dare not "break" the rule even when he's not here because sometimes some comments on the forum have me in stitches!!!! I'd be caught bang to rights!!!!!:D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops! Sorry citizenB :p

That's precisely the reason Mr Z made a ruling that we never have drinks in the "office"! I dare not "break" the rule even when he's not here because sometimes some comments on the forum have me in stitches!!!! I'd be caught bang to rights!!!!!:D

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning all, Mrs Z here.

This post concerns Citi Cards - boy, are they in so much trouble, this final straw has given me the kick up the backside that I needed to write a thick complaint file to Trading Standards and the OFT!

Quick recap:

Agreed a payment plan then reneged on it

Formal complaints not dealt with properly

Sending doorstep agents after getting (both DCA and OC) "do not darken my doorstep" letters, also outlining a diagnosed medical reason to the OC.

CCA request totally ignored, 12+2+30 days were up 20th July

Default notice sent 12th July

Complaint re Default Notice sent 21st July

Recieve a "dealing with your complaint" letter dated 22nd August

Recieved a letter from Egg (found out via another thread I posted that Citi now owns Egg) asking for details of account numbers and previous address history - no mention it was for a Citi Card.

Now this latest letter purported to be from Citi regarding 1st Credit (Finance) Limited.

The letter looks like it has come from 1st Credit, the envelope gives a PO box, Reigate address "if undelivered", yet the letter alleged to be from Citi has a Sunderland address at the top. This rung a bell with me, so I checked the Citi Cards file and lo and behold a letter from Capital Collection Agencies (CCA) is there with exactly the same address sent back in February!

I also note that CCA is a "Trading Style" of CitiFinancial Europe plc. After a feck off and do not darken my doorstep letter they left Mr Z alone.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/CITIADONE.jpg

Any suggestions/advice/opinions will be gratefully recieved, thanks :)

One very hacked off with Citi Mrs Z :mad:

:DOops.. not a good idea to upset Mrs Z on a Friday (or any other day come to that) Citcards/1st Credit.

Okey dokey. The letter you can write back would be along the lines of:,

I am surprised that (company A) have passed this on to you. Perhaps they havent made you aware that this account is in dispute and has been since XX XXXX 200?.

I had assumed that (companyA) would be prepared to resolve this dispute amicably. However that appears not to be so. In which case, I am now sending my complaint to OFT, Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman, using your letter as a final response.

I look forward to your early reply.

Etc, etc... :D

Unless someone else comes up with a killer correspondence for you.. send em the above. I had assumed you had already sent to the FOS, but that was AMEX wasnt it.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenB, but Amex is the FOS complaint - lol!! My fault for putting both Citi and Amex on the same thread!! Sorry, honest!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction letter wise, I know the one you mean, I will do that also and of course include a copy to the complaint I will be getting together to post early next week!

It's strange, because the other day, I was thinking about Citi's treatment concerning Mr Z and how I must get my act together and get a complaint sorted. I must be physic musn't I??

Thanks again :)

Just read that letter again, it is from the company that owns the debt at the moment, advising that they are passing the debt on to someone else ?. In which case, you could write back to them and say something along the same lines.. that you are surprised they are assigning the debt over whilst in dispute and as they have failed to make any attempt to resolve the dispute then you are passing the complaint over to TS/OFT/FOS.

When/if you receive a letter from the company that it has been assigned to then you can send the letter I posted up earlier. Does that make sense.. ?

BCOBS

Hi citizenB, thanks again for your reply :)

The Notice of Assignment letter (looks like to me anyway) that it's "supposed" (and I use that word loosely) to be from CitiFinancial, but I'd put money on it that it's actually from 1st Credit - hence the "return if undelivered" address on the back of the envelope being Reigate (PO Box version of 1st Credit's address).

Let me see if I'm reading your post correctly, are you saying to wait until we recieve a letter from 1st Credit now Citi has assigned the debt over to them before replying to them? Sorry, getting myself all confused now - that's really not that hard at the mo :D

Have I got that right?

Also, are you saying I should do a complaint to the FOS in addition to Trading Standards and the OFT? The FOS will be well naffed off with me, especially after the large envelope sent with the Amex complaint!!! :D

Hi citizenB, thanks again for your reply :)

The Notice of Assignment letter (looks like to me anyway) that it's "supposed" (and I use that word loosely) to be from CitiFinancial, but I'd put money on it that it's actually from 1st Credit - hence the "return if undelivered" address on the back of the envelope being Reigate (PO Box version of 1st Credit's address).

Let me see if I'm reading your post correctly, are you saying to wait until we recieve a letter from 1st Credit now Citi has assigned the debt over to them before replying to them? Sorry, getting myself all confused now - that's really not that hard at the mo :D

Have I got that right?

Also, are you saying I should do a complaint to the FOS in addition to Trading Standards and the OFT? The FOS will be well naffed off with me, especially after the large envelope sent with the Amex complaint!!! :D

Ok, letter in post 129 is to go to 1st Credit, either now or wait until you hear from them.

I would however write to Citi Financial saying you are surpirsed at their making the assignment to 1st Credit in view of the dispute.

If you are going to write to 1st Credit then you can also advise Citi that you have done so and also the fact that in view of their reluctance to sort the dispute amicably you are making a complaint and to whomever you are going to make that complaint.

Perhaps it might be good to check out TS and the OFT first, see what you get back from them. They are obliged to investigate now due the new laws they have. If no joy from them then send to the FOS.

BCOBS

Thanks again citizenB :)

Ok will do, by the way I just tried to send you another PM and it says your inbox is full!!!!

Oh shoot :D Thanks Mrs Z, I will go n do a bit of dusting. Okey dokey.. squeeky clean now.. :D

BCOBS

Oops, sorreeeeeeeeeeee :)

BCOBS

No worries, my own fault :p

I have rewritten and sent now :)

replied :D

BCOBS

Good afternoon all, Mrs Z here :)

We posted off the CCA in dispute letters by recorded delivery on Monday. They were delivered on Tuesday (I've checked RM website).

This morning Mr Z has recieved this letter from 1st Credit.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/1stCredit-Citi-1.jpg

My first thought was that the letters have crossed in the post, but after re-reading 1st Credit's letter, I'm not so sure.

Should Mr Z respond to this letter or file and ignore?

Any advice gratefully received as always, thank you :)

Monday was the 8th wasnt it ?. That is the date of their letter so I doubt this in response to anything.

Now why are they suggesting you send them £10.00 for Data ?. Your CCA request is still outstanding with the original creditor isnt it ?

Did you at any time send a SAR request to the original creditor ?.

Did you send the "I am surprised that this account has been passed over, etc " letter or were you waiting to hear from them ?

BCOBS

Hi citizenB, thanks for your quick response :)

Yes, the letters I mentioned were the account in dispute due to no CCA templates. Citi have totally ignored the CCA request sent back in May.

We have never sent a S.A.R to Citi, that's why I'm wondering although 1st Credit's letter is dated the 8th, it was typed and sent yesterday if you get my point ;) after they had received Mr Z's " I'm surprised that this account has been passed over etc.

Hi babybear, hope you are well :)

Even if they do get them mixed up ( which wouldn't be hard considering they lack soooo badly in the brain department :D) wouldn't what I've said actually be a reality?

Still don't know how to proceed though - anybody got any ideas please?

Thank you, Mrs Z :)

Hi Mrs Z, I'm fine, hope you and Mr Z are too :)

Report citi and 1st crud for passing and chasing an account in dispute to TS and the OFT. This breaches OFT guidlines, the UCPD and the CPUTR 2008. Make sure you report them to thier own TS departments too ;)

Edited by babybear39
missed a bit

Okey dokey... Just one more question, was there a post mark date on the envelope ?

Dear Cretin.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE - I ACKNOWLEDGE NO DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

RE Account No:

Any Reference number they have supplied

I was surprised to receive your letter dated 8th September 2008

I wrote to both you and CitiFinancial on XX XX 2008. Both letters were signed for on XX XXXX 2008.

This account is in dispute and has been since (Whenever), and has been since Citifinancial failed to comply with my formal request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (sections 77-79) for which they also received the legally required fee of £1.00 I am at a loss therefore to understand why, I would wish to pay you £10.00 for that same document.

Until that document is received I am unable to assess whether I am indeed liable for any alleged debt, nor does it give me a chance to assess if the document was properly executed.

Right now, have you started/sent your complaint to the FOS/TS. If not now is the time to do so.

It is now my intention to make a formal complaint to Trading Standards with a request to take action against you for threatening action which cannot legally be taken, and misleading and agressive practices, contrary to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I am sure you are aware that whilst my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under S127, this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentally any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Unless anyone else can come up with something a bit more forceful. Send them that.

• Haha 1

BCOBS