• Tweets

• all DYL's are subject to a TRO. looking at this newish, ever increasing as old ind units have gotten removed, estate, there are only lines on one side, on the other there is a parking lane with traffic calming through which you mention. i seriously doubt your mate has any clue what he is talking about.!! its not a private housing assoc estate. so its a public council owned road. no construction co can just decide to draw their graffiti on a road. the DYLs are certainly there pre 2016 even before his home was built. now ive had a quick look to see if the main access to royal park road has signs. there is no royle park road even on your map but there is a royal barn road which leads to where you are parked royal road has a restriction sign on the pole by the fence of the electric substation jnc with gipsy lane there does not appear to be one leading in from the other end - tesco petrol station
    • Hi All. I was driving in Stevenage down a 40 road after coming off the motor way, i noticed my car felt a little "weird" i accelerated, then slowed the car down.  Shortly after i got stopped by a manned police car with a laser. During the stop the officer stated i was doing 54 in a 40, the conversation was short, but he said i would unlikely get a awareness course and it was most likely 3 points and a fine.  Mrs thought it was a good idea to have dairy when she is lactose intolerant on date night, we just got on our way.  At the time, i didnt admit to the offence, but did say i didnt realise and had slowed down in any case. The officers chest camera was recording and on. At the stop, he asked where to send the fine to, as i knew i would be travelling to visit family up north, i provided my temporary details at that location in Yorkshire. It is now 05/05 and i haven't received anything at either my home address in Stevenage or the temporary address. 1. Is there a time limit in which paperwork needs to be sent to me. 2. Should i query the ticket as i don't want to miss any deadlines (if so who do i check with?) OR should i keep quiet. 3. Given nothing has arrived in 20 days, is there a chance of appeal if and when it comes through? Many thanks CrazeUK
    • Hi All. A family friends car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the begining of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, howver he said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online (i have a copy of this).  She didnt mention she hadnt recieved any confirmation as she didnt know if she would get one.  She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. She then was travelling up north so didnt get her ,ail until last week. She recievd a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehcile and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she respons by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i got her to dig  out the V5 and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped and is still on his forecourt. Is this possible to appeal?
    • worthy to not forget Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm  
    • Hi All. I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses. The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE. I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house.   In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN.  The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left. PCN Number:         RE######## Date:             04/05/2024 Time:             20:36 Observation:         20:34 to 20:36 Reported location:     Royle Park Road Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01) I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal: 1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.   He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development. 2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road. 3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road). I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot. I have 2 questions: a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current? b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence? Thanks in advance. Map_20240505.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

***If you have a mortgage then this is for you***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It will be better to have everything on one thread not quiet so confusing for us minions who take time to get togrips with these things

Think Ive got one up on GMAC today will elucidate later dont like the guests that look in

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Our mortgages have been bundled together and sold as portfolios. The profit is secure because of the equity in our properties (if I have got this right) so what happens now with property prices falling?

Will this mean that they will calculate what our interest rate should now be (once out of fixed term) to maintain the profit and not in accordance with Libor as they claim?

As prices keep falling will they keep putting rates up and try to con us that this is because of the Libor rate changing and hope that non of us have the savvy to understand what they are on about?

Also how many times do these portfolios get sold? Are they continually traded?

Precisely midge this is a major part of the problem of securitized loans. These debts/bonds have been sold as being triple A investments the highest rating & supposedly the least risky of all other investments.

Therefore they must maintain their value at all costs & if property prices look like dropping below their equity level the they will repossess at the drop of a hat.

If they don't maintain their value the buyer of the bond can sue the seller of the bond (including the listing agency) as some are already looking to do in the States

Of course your correct midge61 bur good luck with that.

This is after all the same FSA that has allowed the banks to stop refunding charges whilst allowing them to continue imposing charging.

It's also the same FSA that tried to suggest that ordinary investors in NR only had themselves to blame as they should have known the NR was securitizing it's sub prime loans into Granite & using that to support it's own borrowing

Guest TaffR
So in theory then if they keep raising their interest rates (so far in my case the initial rise is from 7.9% to 9.99% and LIBOR is 5.84%) without proper justification, would we would have grounds to ask the FSA to investigate this as an unfair practice.

YES!

Your contract should state quite clearly what the current postion of your payments should be: x amount above todays LIBOR for example.

LIBOR though does not change monthly and these 'lenders; Grrr! work on a quartly change.

The FSA do not accept complaints as such. The complaints procedures by the way is another anomoly that work agaisnt you/me. Future debate.

However, if enough people write to the FSA, MP, FOS etc then this will stimulate them into taking action and at the minimum you ahve a record and a letter in return from them if and when you ahve to go to court (god forbid).

Guest TaffR

The FSA are weak. I don't say anything that I have not told them and whenever at the highest possible level.

Dreadful!

well I've just ventured into the loft and got my mortggages docs out.

Seems my broker was a tied broker.

My fixed rate was infact 6.74% and once out of fixed rate will become a variable rate which is 4.25 above Libor so I should now expect a letter stating that my rate will now go to 10.99 :mad:

I have also found a section titled "Transfer of the company's rights" just as you said Taff giving them the right to pass it on and on again!

Have also found some references to "packager"

You have nothing to be sorry for Taff.

I think that it is good that you have managed to do all this and been able to put the information on a site such as this and explain it such a way that the rest of us can understand.

Hopefully now we can all work together to get things changed.

Guest TaffR

My fixed rate was infact 6.74% and once out of fixed rate will become a variable rate which is 4.25 above Libor so I should now expect a letter stating that my rate will now go to 10.99 :evil:

Not just a letter...you will get a phone call(s) too. This is to guage any sign in your voice or words that there could be a problem. It is not customer service. They are trained to look for signs. They want to and are paid to protect their portfolio investment at all costs.

Now me....knowing I can pay etc...(but this is just me)....knowing this....will make them sweat... but this is just me....

I cancelled my DD on purpose [due to theft] and pay when I want too within the month as technically (LEGALLY) you're not in arrears until the end of the month...this is just me and it is wrong!!! It is their systems that is all, that serves so many of their business mangememt reports.

I ask them to call me on other numbers when they call so again frustrate their systems and aims

But this is just me and I am well known to them and by the way they will select you out as 'troublesome' and take it personally.

This is like no other sector you know. The arrogance is incredible. You are made to feel like cannon fodder and this where it all goes wrong.

I have provided them in writing permission to speak about my account to speficic people in line with data protection act etc such as my solicitor etc if I am not available. They do not.

I get a solicitor to call them back now if and when they call (again just me) and they have nothing to say.

I also let them know directly that this is totally unacceptable and the reasons why so now they leave me alone but in other cases as we see they continue to harrasse and bully and charge where they can, again based on what you know and what they can get away with.

I am down as a trouble maker already so nothing new there lol

I stopped paying by DD over a year ago due to a change in my pay date.

the agreement I have is I have to pay by the 10th of the month which i do by cash directly into their account.

They then send me a letter dated the 11th or 12th of the month saying I am in arrears and I then write saying please provide a statement to prove this as I can prove I have paid. So far this works and no charges added!

Guest TaffR

They have transferred all my posts to the other link and I am not sure now due to this whether I can post in other threads or not. Now it looks like I have been talking to mysef, ranting even LOL because they never transferred the responses.

Sorry, guys, I do not understand forums much but dont wish to look like a fool and now I dont know what the rules are as the reasons for doing this was that I was posting to many threadts (4 at the most).

Good luck and my very best wishes to everyone.

Kindest regards,

TaffR

Just subscribing,

Im wondering if anyone have heard of Prime Business loans, I redeemed my mortgage early with massive fees to the Lancashire Mortgage Corporation ( Blemain Finance ) all my DD were to The Lanc Mort Corp yet my solicitor was insrtucted to pay the redemption fee to Prime Business loans, Ive had no dealings with this company and they dont appear to be reg with companies house, Ive looked and cant link them to either Blemain or Lancashire, Who are they and why would they be paid, my solicitor can shed no light on this company and said my house was defo in mortgage to the Lanc Mort Corp, they were not the broker either??? im at a loss as to who they are..anyone....Gc

Bumping, got caught in the middle of a discussion!!!!

Guest TaffR

Hi Groovycaz,

Was this a biz loan or just a normal residential remortgage or equity release?

Prime Business Loans...is this a Ltd company or as such?

Have you called Blemain or Lancahsire MC and asked?

I would have expected your solicitor to fully query this before payment.

Seems very odd.

H TaffR, no it was a mortgage, I bought an old building in 2000 which had been empty for a couple of years and wrecked, and as I live in a former mining village where at the time half the street was boarded up and empty no-one would fund us as it was semi commercial and uninhabital it was only £15000 so we paid half and got a small mortgage from the lancashire mort corp, through a broker for the other £7500, my solicitor made enquires (after I wrote to Blemain who fobbed me off with lies and said it was a secured loan) and he said it was defo in mortgage to the lanc mort corp, I paid 32 payments of £122.29 then wanted to redeem to a lower rate, i never missed a payment and to redeem i had to pay ££9,650.30 to Prime Business Loans, my solicitor wrote and asked if lancashire and prime were one and the same company but did not get a reply, I paid it as they would not release the deeds otherwise? I think it culd be a ficticious company cause no ones heard of them all the letters were from the lanc mort corp ive not got one letter from prime...Gc

Oh and i got a letter from Howard Laddin saying that despite their undertakings not to use the rule of 78 when calculating my redemption figure, in my case they were within their rights to use the rule of 78 and did so?