Notice of Intent!

rainbow22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks, Seeing the article in today's Daily Mail, reminded me to have a look into the Forum- i havent done so for a while- Due to larger overall debt problems which are being (now) handled by a Fre Debt managment agency, the topic of bank charges and how they in them selves exacerbated my indebtedness- its time to get them back: in themselves they are likely to clear significant amount of money from my eixiting overdraft and/or credit card.

So.........it begins.

There is a glut of information on thse forum pages- but any objective insight is most welcome at this early stage

Goodluck. It's easier than you may think ...

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

01/06/2011 - Barclay CC PPI claim initiated

13/09/2011 - Claim rejected :|

19/10/2015 - Claim restarted !!!!

Rainbow, spend a day or two reading the faqs, and then peoples posts, its worth the time, you get to recognize the stalling tactics, see the 'false' threats they send etc, you will then be ready for each stage!

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

Rainbow if you are now with a Debt Management company i take it that some of the things you had with the banks may be in default or now rolled into one payment.

All i want to say is when you get as far as being offered a refund please make sure you just don't accept the payment that you are offered without negociating the terms and conditions on how you get your money back from them. If you have been in default or now paying one monthly payment then i sugest that as part of the terms and conditions is to make sure you put it in writing that you wish to have your refund made by cheque otherwise these companies will probably keep the money and wipe out your debts.

Don't forget this is your money so do it on your terms to take note. Don't want to scare you soo soon but i believe that you need to be informed incase your not told later down the line.

regards

• Confused 1

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Hi, appreciate your reponse- the situation with the bank charges obviously links into the overall debt picture- it didnt help that as one lot of exceeded overdraft was paid, it simply got extended again through no reason other than anothr £75-£125 pounds of charges.

i guess, taking the overall picture i have it in mind that the refund would clear some, if not all the overdraft and thereby reduce overall level of debt etc. However, i think i know what you are saying about the handling of the refund as to where it goes. My debt management company, gave us advcie quite early on to open up a second account so that any 'punitive action by the banks could be addressed.

The OFT report referenced CC charges, not bank charges .. and you can claim for them, so definatley !

04/07/2006 - Full, unconditional offer made from HSBC, accepted. £1444.xx (unfair charges)

if it goes to the court stage, you claim the 8% interest .. the spreadsheet in the library calculates this .. you dont apply for this until you file though.