Allocation questionnaire?

matthooper01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent out my letter claiming my "charges" back after I received my statements off them. About a week later, i received a letter back telling me a load of rubbish about how to complain and a booklet with it.

What do i do now? do i re-write them a letter or to i stick to the 14-day money back, which I gave them on the letter. And then once that runs out issue a claim against them??

Help much appreciated.

They know what they are doing.

So do you. Don't fall for their stalling tactics.

They are stalling in the hope that if they continue in the manner to which we have all become accustomed (i.e. terrible service and a complete 'comedy of errors') that we will eventually give up and go away.

It probably works a lot of the time too.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Just write back with the standard LBA letter from the library. You don't need to refer to their letter unless you want to add a bit in. It is standard practice for Barclays to write back saying they dispute it all etc, just keep going and stick to the 14 day schedule you will have set in your initial contact letter.

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Barclays Bank Plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi

i filed my money claim last night.........wonder who will hear first:o

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

I just posted the moneyclaim for £1288.32, does anyone know what happens now? cheers

You wait. :D

Check the date of service - it should be a couple of days after the date of issue.

They have 14 days from the date of service to file an "acknowledgement of service" (AoS) on which they have to state whether they intend to defend the claim. They will tick that box since that then buys them another 14 days (so 28 days from the date of service).

If they don't file an AoS within 14 days you can fill out the application for judgment making sure you've totted up the interest to the date of judgment. If they do file an AoS saying they intend to defend then you have to wait until the further 14 days is up before you can apply for judgment - unless of course they have filed their defence. :)

Hope this helps. :)

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Proceedings issued....and acknowledged. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Counting down to the 21st....[/SIZE][/FONT] [URL="http://thebighub.co.uk"]http://thebighub.co.uk[/URL]

good luck maiselou, thanks everyone for their help

MODERATED threads merged .Please keep to your original thread when updating or asking questions about your claim .This is for your benefit and the benefit of everyone following your claim.

there are at least a couple going through court for one reason or another right now.

Take a look here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7884

and here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3414

It would seem that it is fairly unlikely that it gets all the way to court, but you have to be preapred that it could happen to you...

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

If you are offered money back then you must accept it as long as it doesn't have conditions ie: in full and final settlement , confidentiality etc etc .If it does have conditions attatched then accept the money but reject the conditions making it clear that you will still be pursuing them for the rest.

• Confused 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i just received my allocation questionnaire. I was wondering if antone had the patience to go through a couple of things. Im not too sure what i have to put under witnesses and experts? cheers

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks