The Olympics (and football) free zone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hate football.

I hate the olympics.

the reasons are... infinite.

Am I alone?

If so, well thats how it is, and I can stay in here alone.

If you agree with me, this a lovely place to reside where no-one will mention anything related to these topics :-D

I agree with you on the foot ball who wants to watch 11 silly men try to kick a football as for the olimpics pass on that

There must be better things to do with ones time

Can we discuss tiddlywinks?

And Formula 1?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Football free! Aaaah!! bliss. Bootball has to be the most idiotic waste of 90 minutes ever invented.

Olympics free, more bliss - apart from archery - but they never show anything of that anyway.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!

welcome doc!

put your feet up, open a bottle of banana bread beer, there's a few in the fridge.

Thanks Crusher. Tasty stuff this banana bread beer. Cheers!

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

No time for puffball here either, I maybe watch one game every 4 years, the one where England get knocked out of the World Cup is normally funny :D.

Olympics generally I think is stupid, the modern Olympics were started to promote world harmony and all it does is insight country's to try to prove their supremacy.

Some of the events are quite good though but its normally the ones that don't get much TV air time :rolleyes:.

No time for puffball here either, I maybe watch one game every 4 years, the one where England get knocked out of the World Cup is normally funny :D.

Olympics generally I think is stupid, the modern Olympics were started to promote world harmony and all it does is insight country's to try to prove their supremacy.

Some of the events are quite good though but its normally the ones that don't get much TV air time :rolleyes:.

CB.... you hero.

have 2 bottles of banana bread beer. Dont worry about the fact it's before 10 in the morning!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Totally agree, especially your observation about its influence on society.

Many moons ago I had a popular "world cup free zone" thread in the old bear garden.

What is most annoying is that the fans think that everybody loves the game. When the world cup is on, lo and behold... wall to wall coverage on the telly, radio, its everywhere. The Olympics will be the same. Sponsored by "mars" or "tampax" or something else utterly unrelated to sport, ads will be plastered over every wall....

if you think its bad now, wait till the London Olympics.. :-(

I'm a member of an Archery Forum and during the last world cup the site owner, who also despises bootball, set up the site's word filter to blank out 'football'. Funnily enough the vast majority of forum users welcomed the measure. You've got to wonder just how 'popular' bootball really is.:-x

I'm a member of an Archery Forum and during the last world cup the site owner, who also despises bootball, set up the site's word filter to blank out 'football'. Funnily enough the vast majority of forum users welcomed the measure. You've got to wonder just how 'popular' bootball really is.:-x
it's a bit of an "emperors new clothes" thing going on with fartball. You have to like it else you are not a "geezer"

• 4 years later...
Many moons ago I had a popular "world cup free zone" thread in the old bear garden.

What is most annoying is that the fans think that everybody loves the game. When the world cup is on, lo and behold... wall to wall coverage on the telly, radio, its everywhere. The Olympics will be the same. Sponsored by "mars" or "tampax" or something else utterly unrelated to sport, ads will be plastered over every wall....

if you think its bad now, wait till the London Olympics.. :-(

Fiddlesticks. I thought this was for football refugees, but I can't wait for the Olympics. Where's your national pride? Or isn't Cornwall part of Team GB? :razz:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Is that a new game missus :p

Of course. I'm trying to get it recognised in time for Rio in 2016. :madgrin:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It will take lots of training and dedication to make the team.... :p

ah fiddlesticks to that ..ise not fiddling with no sticks :p

That's only cos you don't know how to play. :violin:

sneaks in....>>>>>> great at last someone has sense,was beging to think I was only one who thought the money being spent on the games could go to a much better use,was thinking of hibernating somewhere until it is all over and as for the England footie squad! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee school boys can play better

"passes round drinks and cakes "

Edited by snowdragon

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019