Phoenix/carter split court claims argh! 1 ccj already

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE...................

Went to court and the CCJ has now been Set aside with immediate effect. Carters didn't even turn up. End of the matter for now. Never ever give up is my advice , especially when you are being clearly stitched up!!.

I am now going to have a well deserved pint.:)

You really should consider a formal complaint against this odious company. Complain to the SRA and to the senior partner of the company.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful news - I told you what they were about - they couldn't afford a solicitor for every case they take to court - and they hope people won't challenge them as they seem to think that because they are a legal firm they aren't 'pulling a fast one'.

Hope you enjoy your pint.

Well done rogermeard,

Nice to see another Carter "cock up " go back and bite him in the a...!!

You can join the SRA Complaints Club now.

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

• 1 year later...

ANOTHER UPDATE............

All been quiet on this claim since the set aside over a year ago, but low and behold today out of the blue pops up a letter to my OH from a firm called....Credit Account Management (???)

I will scan a copy up tomorrow but for now here is what it says.......

" As you will be aware from previous correspondance this debt has been assigned to Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited S.a.r.l acting in the name and on its behalf of its compartment "SDFS Recoveries" (SDFS Recoveries), and we are the agents appointed to manage the debt on their behalf.

Under the CCA 1974 you are entitled to receive an annnual statement showing transactions on the account and the details are set out on the accompanying statement.

If payments are being made under an agreement there is no need for you to take any action.

If you are not making payments, for your convenience we have added a barcode at the foot of this page so that you can pay free of charge at your local post office or payment zone.

Please note that SDFS Recoveries is obliged by law to send the enclosed statement irrespective of the status of the account or account holder and if you have any queries you can contact CAM using the details provided below"

End of letter, the enclosed statement is hilarious it shows...1st October 2008 opening balance £1083.26 then 30th september 2009 Closing balance £1083.26.....that is all.

Now what is this letter all about??????

We have had no contact with anyone regards this alleged debt for well over a year?

Any clues folk?:confused:

Write back this

"Under the CCA 1974 I am entitled to a properly executed original agreement. Please provide this for my records and please find attached a statement for my time and research costs"

Attach an invoice for £25 for sending a letter and 5 x £9.75 as Litigant in person research charges....

ANOTHER UPDATE............

All been quiet on this claim since the set aside over a year ago, but low and behold today out of the blue pops up a letter to my OH from a firm called....Credit Account Management (???)

I will scan a copy up tomorrow but for now here is what it says.......

" As you will be aware from previous correspondance this debt has been assigned to Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited S.a.r.l acting in the name and on its behalf of its compartment "SDFS Recoveries" (SDFS Recoveries), and we are the agents appointed to manage the debt on their behalf.

Under the CCA 1974 you are entitled to receive an annnual statement showing transactions on the account and the details are set out on the accompanying statement.

If payments are being made under an agreement there is no need for you to take any action.

If you are not making payments, for your convenience we have added a barcode at the foot of this page so that you can pay free of charge at your local post office or payment zone.

Please note that SDFS Recoveries is obliged by law to send the enclosed statement irrespective of the status of the account or account holder and if you have any queries you can contact CAM using the details provided below"

End of letter, the enclosed statement is hilarious it shows...1st October 2008 opening balance £1083.26 then 30th september 2009 Closing balance £1083.26.....that is all.

We have had no contact with anyone regards this alleged debt for well over a year?

Any clues folk?:confused:

Snap I got the same. I understood that my account had been returned to the OC. Apparently not!

Under new regulations which came out Oct 2008, they have to send you at least a yearly statement showing debits and credits. In this case, they are showing what the balance was last October and this October and it's the same because you haven't made any payments during this time.