Cashplus card?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone use, or know any more about this:

About cashplus prepaid credit cards | cashplus

I'm considering getting one as I need somewhere to pay my wages into, sadly, they will not give me them in cash.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hi Dave

These cards are getting more common. My local BP petrol station has a list on the door of the ones they will take.

I've been reading through the small print, and I don't mind the 5 quid a month - ok fair enough, but 2 quid for every cashpoint withdrawal is over the top IMO.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Hi Dave

I had one of these cards.

The only thing was the charges, you either pay £4.95 a month admin costs or you pay £1 every time you use the card (in store or cash withdrawal).

But if you need to get an account but dont have good credit you could get the flex account from nationwide (standard account) or the easycash account from halifax (with electron card).

Hope this helps.

Wikkitt

I tried to get the flex account - and to be honest I really don't want anything to do with any bank or building soc. AT ALL - but they were so incompetent I could barely believe it. My GF has one, and she has the same amount of problems.

Just applying for it: they lost my ID, then I said forget about me having an account with them if they were that bad and thatI wanted the copies of my ID sent to me, they refused, then on a seperate occassion said they had lost that too.

They said they would phone on 4 seperate occassions, and they did only once - and that was over a day later than they said it would be.

They have sent replacement cashcards (GF's) to the wrong address, they have refused to honour an appointement because "it's snowing" - (God only knows how they operate banks in say, Finland etc...).

So, TBH, I'd rather steer clear of Nationwide, I have a large sum of cash that needs to be paid into somewhere very soon (as the solicitor refuses to give me MY money in a carrier bag!) and I, quite simply do not trust Nationwide to not f*** it up. In face, I don't trust any bank not to do that tbh.

------------

------------

Some posts on another thread, including guess who? Thought I would do a mystery shop and see if it worked, how useful it was, etc. I have had my fingers burnt previously although I still use the joint current account. We have no credit card now.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/137004-cashplus-post-office-topup.html

Regards, Kenny

PS, might be an idea for a dedicated thread under other institutions or somewhere appropriate, as this will probably grow.

I don't think I'll be signing up for this. I begrudge paying to get to my own money, and yes, I know that they won't do anything for nothing - noone does anymore - but as I am forced into using 'services' such as these by their (and their friend's doing), I don't feel that I should be forced to pay for it, so it looks like if I don't get paid in cash for the sale of my house, then there will BE no sale of the house.

------------

------------

I know how you feel Dave

I have lousy credit with my business going bust helped by the LloydsTSB loosing £6k of my companies money.

You are treated like a leper if you don't have a credit or debit card.

Our local council will not take cash payments for council tax etc it has to be through a bank.:mad:

These pay as you go cards are a necessary evil for some people who have to make card payments but do not have debit or credit cards. The charges on them are ridiculous.

I remorgaged end of last year to clear most (regretably not all) debts. The only way the solicitor would release the money (WHICH IS MY MONEY) was into a bank account.

I opened an easycash account with the Halifax. I was accepted even though I have a steam of CCJs

Hiya Dave I think we all know how you feel about banks but unfortunately they are a necessary evil in todays world.

Have a look at the Co-op cashminder account with electron card.

I've had one for about 12 months now and it seems to be ok, had a couple of charges in the early days but that was my own fault.

pete

Thanks for the advice, but I'm intending to stick to my guns - I want nothing to do with any bank at all - ever. I was only looking at the card as a way of getting to the cash, but a withdrawing limit of 500 quid a day, it's going to take quite some time to get all the money from the sale of my house in cash.

No, I am going to insist that the solicitor give me the cash, in a Tesco carrier bag.

If they refuse, then there will be no house sale.

------------

------------

Dave don't forget you will have to pay 5p for the carrier bag soon

Guess you just can't win:D

Touche! ;-)

------------

------------

...and thanks Michael - good list. Interesting to see that they all charge for the withdrawal. Is that because they themselves get charged?

------------

------------

I am going to insist that the solicitor give me the cash, in a Tesco carrier bag.

If they refuse, then there will be no house sale.

Have you checked the anti money laundering laws? are they legally allowed to do this now?

I haven't, but I can't see how they can justify it under a law like that. Clearly the money has come from a bank (by way of mortgage) for the sale of a house. My house. My sale. If I wanted the cash in a shoebox completely in 2p coins I cannot see what business it is of anyone's apart from mine.

Now if banks had behaved themselves, and I could trust them, I would have no trouble with having the money paid into a bank account, but as it stands I don't think most can be trusted with large sums of money and the ones that know what to do with large sums, get greedy and cause their own collapse.

Plus, once it's in a bank, getting it out again is bloody hard work.

I want a large (or several) shoebox with the whole of the sale money in it.

That way, if I go to draw it out, I won't have to have the queen sign something in blood, provide 14 methods of ID, do a song and dance and drive 10 miles to the nearest branch only to be told, "we can only let you have 500 quid of your own money at any one time". Nope, the shoebox will ask for none of this, and it will not restrict the flow of money to me at any time.

If I go to the shoebox and there is not enough in there for what I want, it won't stop me from having it (well it will), and then charge me £35 of what isn't in there.

Nope, banks had their chance and they f*****d it right up. I would trust a bank as far as I could throw one.

They have shown themselves up for what they really are, and I cannot understand how a government or any other private firm can force the use of such an untrustworthy and incompetent industry.

------------

------------

I think you will find the government view the ownweship of cash a dubious thing to do, if fact I think you can be arrested for carrying over a certain sum in cash (£2000 maybe).

They cannot see that a normal person would do that and think you have criminal intent.

Well, then surely that is 'guilty until proven innoccent'?

2 grand gets you nothing these days - blimey, in a couple of years at the rate we're going in this country it'll barely be a night down the pub and a curry.