Who is or are UPI Ltd

sharkie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being constantly rung at work by a company called UPI (actually its from a call centre in Asia) about reclaiming bank charges. They claim that you fill out basic information over the phone, and then they will send a pack which you have to sign, and they will claim every charge you have had plus up to 8% interest, because "the Office of Fair Trading and the Courts in England and Wales have passed a law saying the banks can only charge a maximum of £1.00 per charge."

Did everyone realise it was so simple, there's me doing it the hard way.

Sharkie

Michael

Surely your not saying I might not get my money back.

But they are regulated by the "Ministry of Justice" and they have all those testimonials.

And it costs so little.

And, and, but, and.

Its no wonder everyone's snowed under if they are sending 8 letters, sorry hand delivering 8 letters to the bank, and 4 legal documents.

And yes I'll stop calling you surely.

Sharkie

Very reasonable.

Plus they are so confident that they will offer a full refund.

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - Woolwich = Won

Sharkie - V - Sainsbury's Visa = Won

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Sharkie - V - Halifax = Won

Sharkie - V - MBNA = Won

Sharkie

Another 3 calls today.

And they are allways called Shaun, the latest when asked what his name was, after a long pause he said "Shaun" errr "Fernando", must be a fan of either Formula 1 or ABBA.

Sharkie

• 1 year later...

I keep getting calls from them as well. They tell me that Lloyds want to refund £450 and I pay £49.99 to get this. I explained that Lloyds owe me £4500 and that I am unwilling to give any card details over the phone and if it is a valid offer then I suggest they put it in writing.

• 3 weeks later...

Even I got the call today.. and they had my details right. they got my sort code and account number as well.... checked with my bank and they said they never pass on details to anybody... and they will send me a new card in case the card has been compromised...don't trust this upi people its too good to be true...

Edited by dynamicdude
add more information

Hi, I'm new here, I found this website after doing a search on Mercers who have been harrassing me for the past 2 months, and have just came upon this thread when trying to find out who upi were.

I have just got one of these phonecalls today from them.

I have a debt with lloyds which is being dealt with by the CAB but lloyds still keep calling me up to 5 times everyday.

So when i answered this call I figured it was something to do with them or mercers! so after she told me she was from UPI and I asked what the phonecall was about she hung up on me! lol!

I'm glad to have found this forum, i'm sure i'll be posting a whole lot from now on!!

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting phone calls from "Kevin" so i gave him false bank details!! I don't trust them one bit, sounds like a edit. Especially when they say they don't need your personnal info and then the next minute they want your card number and 3 digit number of the back of the card!! Which after they tell you theres a charge of £49.99p!!

When i recieve the forms from them, i am going to post them back to UPI with a nasty letter!!

I was trying to explain to "Kevin" that i have never had a bank loan, overdraft, direct debit, been charged for anything from the bank and my account is an student account which there is no interest or tax added or deducted!!

So why would this benefit me??? He wouldn't listen!!!

I am unemployed so i can do without lossing £50 for no reason!!

Edited by saintly_1

I have just sent a email complaining about the cold calling and about the caller obtaining our details without telling us about the £49.99p charge first!!

And i got a reply saying, if i send them a email with my name and address, tel number and let them know who i spoke to...then they'll contact the call centre and take off all my info of the data base.

So i suggest if you keep getting cold calls from these people, send a email complaint to [email protected] and they will take your details off their data base or call edit Customer Services : 01792 813115

(threaten to report them to watchdog too...it seems to get a fast reply to your email)...lol ;)

Edited by saintly_1

I have also received a number of calls from a centre saying they are the bank in association with UPI. When I sent an email of complaint to [email protected], this is what they replied with:

Thank you for your e-mail

In order for us to investigate your complaint further, please can you supply us with the following

# The names of the salespeople who contacted you so that we can asertain which call centre rang you

# The dates and times you were called so that we can obtain the voice recordings

# The telephone number(s) on which you were contacted so that they can be removed from the system

Once the complaint has been investigated, we will contact you to inform you of the action we will be taking

Mark Carter

Customer Services

01792 813115

My main concerns are that they already had my card and bank details and just read them back to me and that I am already on TPS so they shouldn't have rung me in the first place.

Have spoken to a woman named Sian from the X-Ray programme in Wales on 03703334334, and she is on their case. Recommend that people ring this number to complain about them.

UPI Limited, featured in the following article, and none too kindly.

'He said he could help get my money back. The next day he charged me 59.99' | Money | The Observer

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Keith Penhalagan has made his wife Julie Penhalagan the director of UPI (UK) Limited and kept his own name off the company records. Something to hide, Keith?

Report these people to the police and trading standards.

Keith and Julie's home address is available in the public domain. (It's your legal right to know this because they are company directors - their home address belongs in the public domain).

(By the way, the "pack" they send out is a straight "copy and paste" of the reclaim your bank charges material written by Martin Lewis and available free of charge to anyone on Moneysavingexpert.com).

Edited by 42man

Ahh the MOJ reference

Business Name: UPI (UK) Limited Address: 213 New Road Skewen Town/City: Neath County: West Glam Postcode: SA10 6EW Trading Names:

Sector: Financial products/services,

Authorisation Number: CRM7863

Make sure you explain EXACTLY your complaints to the Ministry Of Justice, The Financial Ombudsman (as the FOS will charge them £450 to investigate), Trading Standards, your local MP, and Gareth Thomas - Undersecretary Of State For Trade And Consumer Affairs his contact details are here - BBC NEWS | Politics | Find Your MP | Harrow West | Gareth Thomas and of course the OFT and the Information Commissioners Office (especially as they seem to have your personal banking details)

I have had a phone call today from upi They said at no time about charging anything for this service nut I refused to give my debit card details over the phone. They said they needed my card number to verify my address. My bank told me not to trust them and said it was a [problem] and to tell the police. One eldery person in my town gave her details to upi and they took out 100 pounds from her account. Do Not Trust these people.