Have you experienced an agency using lying tactics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After months of non harrassment from debt collection agencies I have recently experienced what seems to be a change of tactics; denying previous repayment agreements, denying receiving proof of wages/benefits, and income & expenditure forms through the post. Even if you sent recorded delivery. The big thing is they can record calls, and their staff types a synopsis of what was said after a phone call but you, the debtor, doesn't record the call and whatever you say was agreed in that call is just hearsay to them later, as you can't prove it.

A repayment plan was set up between myself and Sainsburys Bank, and later they denied all knowledge and refered me to a debt collector. I cannot prove the repayment agreemenet was made and do not know whether this is a tactic or a genuine mistake on their part.

Also Marlin Financial Services of W Sussex who collect for HSBC are claiming they have not received any repayments, even though my bank statements say they have. They are denying receipt of bank statements sent and proof of wages, despite previously saying they had received them, They are saying they asked me for proof of wages again last week, when they didn't. I can prove the payments were made but can't prove I sent the other details. There does seem to be a lack of communication between departments with them, and if something has genuinely got lost and they are not just denying recieving it, it means you have to take the trouble to send it again unsure of whether they are going to admit recieving it. They have now said they have passed me onto a field agent, who I can show the proof to at the door.

A classic example of why you should never speak to these people on the phone. Apart from not giving them an opportunity to lie and hurl abuse, you have proof of transactions when eveything is writing - insist on it.

Umm...

Let's see...

1st crudit

BCW

Mackenzie Hall

Aktiv Krapitol

Thames Credit

Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell (thanks guys for pushing me to take action ;) ) Incase you're reading, it was the guy that told me I had to pay as I couldn't afford to go bankrupt. Perhaps he'd like to know that there are numerous charities who CCCS can help you out with.

LTSB in-house collections department

Moorcrap

Provident

Cabot did try bless them awww...But I'd been made bankrupt 2 months previously...

Would be too long and boring to go into detail here, but if anyone wants to read some of my threads feel free. Although the one with 1st crudit is to veiwed cautiously by anyone with a weak constitution ;)

As long as you have proof agreed payments have been made, their lies can be amusing, such as having useless conversations on the phone with them when you're bored. However, the real point is whether or not they can issue CCJ's based on their misinformation...although, you can prove payment in court and make them look silly some might need to avoid a CCJ altogether more than others, like those who don't want all present or previous addresses to have to be declared in court.

I had a muppet from Moorcroft tell me I could go to prison if I didn't get my debit card and pay them £500 that day.

Needless to say I CCA'd them and they didn't get another penny.

Someone from Capquest called and asked if I had a car.

I refused to answer and so I was told if I did, then I should sell it

and send them the money.

CK Edrupt told me they would send the bailiffs to visit me, if I

didn't pay within 3 days. I just said "ok, no problem."

(They can't do that without going to court for a CCJ and then

you have to default on the CCJ payments before bailiffs can

get involved.)

So now, as standard a new DCA, gets a CCA request and also gets the Harrasment by telephone, and refuse personal visits letters. I get those in before they get chance to do anything lol. They send me one letter asking for money and I send them 3.

Any failures to comply get a formal complaint letter, asking why it happened? What they intend on doing about it, and they'd better offer me some compensation for their failings. Then give them 8 weeks before the complaints go off TS, FOS, CSA,

Usually does the trick and they go very quiet.

Then the account gets passed to another DCA

and off we go again.

Oh well, in another 5 years and 3 months they'll all be

statute barred anyway. :D

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related