breached S.A.R WORK FILE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI NEED HELP WITH A LETTER...my son sent is employer a letter which he got from the i.c.o web page it was a S.A.R for a full copy of his work file which the 40 days as lapsed and breach they state that every bit of his work file is data protected need advise thanks

What sector does your son work in?

I assume from what you have posted that they have informed your son that they have complied as far as need be?

secter life gaurd nope they refuse to give a copy of work file....say every thing is data protected

Is the employer registered as a data controller with Information Commissioners Office?

Is the employer a company or, from the job, a local authority? Have they given their answer in writing?

its a company state all work file is data protected and he s.a.r them and refuse to comply with is request

In their refusal, did they state under which part of the Data Protection Act 1998 they consider the data is exempt from disclosure, or is it just a straight refusal?

nope just stated each and every page in work file is data protected ......

It sounds as if they don't understand their obligations under the DPA 1998. Have you done a search of the ICO database to see if they are registered as data controllers?

Ultimately, I suspect that you will have to either complain to ICO, or take them to court, in order to get them to disclose.

It sounds as if they don't understand their obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. Have you done a search of the Information Commissioners Office database to see if they are registered as data controllers?

Ultimately, I suspect that you will have to either complain to Information Commissioners Office, or take them to court, in order to get them to disclose.

cheers is there a link for Information Commissioners Office data base

was going to send them a letter stateing their in breach but dont not know how to do letter stateing their in breach

ICO database

As you'll see, the database isn't always up to date - but if the company appears not to be registered, you can phone ICO and check. They are legally obliged to be registered.

The law requires a data controller to supply the data in response to a SAR, though there are a few exemptions. All the data in an employer's personnel file is unlikely to be exempt.

I'd suggest that the first thing to do is check that are registered - and if so, that they are correctly registered. If you pm me their name and address (& registered office address, if different), I'll be happy to check for you. Depending on the outcome of the check, I can draft a suitable letter.