Chequebook loans

cal_t1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I unfortunately took out a chequebook loan for £300 2 years ago when I was in need of quick cash. Thinking I'd pay it off quickly, it didn't happen!

I have been paying £60 a month for this loan that doesn't actually reduce the amount owed totalling £1440 in fees so far. Since taking out this loan I have had a change in circumstances and paying this £60 a month is a really struggle and I am unable to clear the loan either. Chequebook loans take the money out of my account I think in the same way that a retailer would in payment form rather than dd. I would like to cancel payment and discuss an alternative arrangement but they haven't been much help. Does anyone have any experience with them or a similar set up. All advice appreciated!

Cal

Hi all,

I unfortunately took out a chequebook loan for £300 2 years ago when I was in need of quick cash. Thinking I'd pay it off quickly, it didn't happen!

I have been paying £60 a month for this loan that doesn't actually reduce the amount owed totalling £1440 in fees so far. Since taking out this loan I have had a change in circumstances and paying this £60 a month is a really struggle and I am unable to clear the loan either. Chequebook loans take the money out of my account I think in the same way that a retailer would in payment form rather than dd. I would like to cancel payment and discuss an alternative arrangement but they haven't been much help. Does anyone have any experience with them or a similar set up. All advice appreciated!

Cal

You need to cancel the payment immediately and then send them a SAR. Don't keep paying these robbing ****s! How much have you repaid up til now?

Just hate every DCA out there

Hi all,

Cal

hiya and welcome to CAG :)

the very first thing you need to do is send a letter by recorded delivery (see link below letter N) enclose a £1 postal order, do NOT use your true signature just PRINT your name,

as pmhcfc says stop paying em, when you send the CCA letter they have 12 WORKING days to respond (+2 for post) after this they default under the consumer credit act and they have no legal right to request/demand payments, if they respond take a photo of it using photobucket (free to use) and post link to it here. REMEMBER to REMOVE ALL personal info so we cant identify you, then CAG can advise you further

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I'll call my bank and see if they can stop the payments going out and send the letter to chequebook. I'll keep you posted! I've paid £1440 so far!:)

• 2 years later...

I know how you feel. I took out a loan with Cheque Book loans about 4/5 years ago and I am sure I have paid them off! What I hated was them inadvertently going into my card account and taking money when they feel like it! Recently, my Bank had changed all the Debit Cards and so now they dont have my new card details :-)

Yesterday, I checked my bank account online and noticed that a Standing Order was set up on my account and £100 was debited which has left me overdrawn with the bank and out of pocket and now I'm going to be charged by the Bank! I didnt agree to a Standing Order or signed a Standing Order Mandate so who put my signature on the form? I never received a letter to state that a Standing Order will be set up.

My bank are not happy about this either. They said that someone would have actually gone into a Branch to do this and I know I never have. Good thing is that I have a managed Bank Account with Thinkbanking.

ThinkBanking have spoken to RBS and requested them to cancel the Standing Order, I am absolutely livid. I am trying to contact Cheque Book Loans, but their contact page doesnt even work. Does anyone know how I can contact them please? They will get a damning report from me.

Between myself and the bank, I intend to get to the bottom of this.

What to do?

Company Name: CHEQUE BOOK LOANS LIMITED

Previous Name(s): NO PREVIOUS NAME HAS BEEN RECORDED DURING THE LAST 20 YEARS

Registered Number: 05261871

Registered Office:

PENDRAGON HOUSE

65 LONDON ROAD

ST ALBANS

AL1 1LJ

Incorporation Date: 18/10/2004

Country Of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2008

Next Accounts Due: 31/03/2010 (Overdue)

Last Annual Return: 18/10/2009

Next Annual Return Due: 15/11/2010

Company Status: Active

Type of Accounts: TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL Accounts

Nature Of Business: 6522 - Other credit granting

Filing History

19/10/2009 18/10/09 FULL LIST

19/10/09 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 1000

19/10/2009 SECRETARY'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / MRS SAMANTHA HUGHES / 01/10/2009

19/10/2009 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / MR PAUL MAIR / 01/10/2009

06/04/2009 30/06/08 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

27/10/2008 RETURN MADE UP TO 18/10/08; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

14/05/2008 30/06/07 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

15/11/2007 RETURN MADE UP TO 18/10/07; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

28/03/2007 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/06/06

22/11/2006 RETURN MADE UP TO 18/10/06; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

28/02/2006 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 30/06/05

25/11/2005 PARTICULARS OF MORTGAGE/CHARGE

17/11/2005 ACC. REF. DATE SHORTENED FROM 31/10/05 TO 30/06/05

16/11/2005 RETURN MADE UP TO 18/10/05; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

16/11/2005 DIRECTOR'S PARTICULARS CHANGED

18/10/2004 SECRETARY RESIGNED

18/10/2004 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE

DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

Mortgages

No. Mortgage Charges: 1

Mortgage Charges Outstanding: 1

Mortgage Charges Part Satisfied: 0

Mortgage Charges Satisfied: 0

Charge No: 1

Creation Date: 24/11/2005

Satisfied: Outstanding

Description: DEBENTURE

Person(s) Entitled To Charge: THE GOVERNOR AND COMPANY OF THE BANK OF SCOTLAND

I'm sorry I can't find an email addy for them, maybe someone will come along later with it.

Chequebook loans will have the standing orders you completed at the application stage and they could take into a branch of your bank on any day that it suits. Your money if in bank could disappear the same day.
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payday-loans/214114-payday-loan-debt-advice.html

Have they now? Thanks for this. My bank said they are going to send me a copy of the Standing Order Mandate they took to a branch with my 'signature' My bank have cancelled it and will keep rejecting it until they get the message. I will also report them to the FSA.

• 1 month later...

We had the same problem, couldnt pay the full 300 at once so we paid 60 per month until that amount was paid , then got a new debit card from the bank so they couldnt take anymore but they then tried to take 300 from our account by setting up a fraudulent standing order so we changed our bank account number but stayed with same bank, this is the only way we could think of to get rid of them .

They seem to have 'surrendered' their OFT back in December last year

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0562723

Licence Status:Surrendered on 04/12/2009

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberCheque Book Loans Limited5261871

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 16-Dec-2004

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionMr Paul Stewart MairOFFICERSamantha HughesOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business834, Dunstable Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0HGRegistered Office834, Dunstable Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0HG

They seem to be trading under L & D Loans Ltd. and has been stated above Debit Card Loans Ltd

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Licence Number:0583682

Licence Status:Current

Business NameCompany Registration NumberDebit Card Loans Limited5716530

Categories:

Consumer credit

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 20-Apr-2006

Expiry Date: 19-Apr-2011

Legal Formation:

NamePositionMr Paul Stewart MairOFFICERSamantha HughesOFFICER

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business834, Dunstable Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0HGRegistered Office834, Dunstable Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0HG

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Licence Number:0555113

Licence Status:Current

Business NameCompany Registration NumberL & D Loans Limited5110433

Categories:

Consumer credit

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 12-Jun-2004

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 11-Jun-2014

Legal Formation:

NamePositionPaul Stewart Mair Samantha Hughes

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionMr Paul Stewart MairOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other Cheque Cashing Services

Current Address(es):

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business834, Dunstable Road, Luton, Beds, LU4 0HGRegistered Office834, Dunstable Road, Luton, Beds, LU4 0HG