Help With A Repossession From Blemein Finance

webbscatering
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you sent a copy of your own insurance to Blemain ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they've charged you for building insurance assuming you did not have any typical spoofing tactic to get more money out of you bit like PPI.

MIS-SOLD!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers dx,

appart from being ripped off by these cowboys

how do I get around the fact they keep saying I am in arrears when I can prove that every payment has been made on time.

I did speak to CAB about this a while ago and said they were in actual fact being unhelpful by not moving the payment date

to coincide with my wages pay date and this was a deliberate attempt to make an unneccessary charge against my account.

As far as we know only this year have we seen this arrears charge,

we have endured the endless barrage of phone calls and letters for the past two years

but only been given this arrears statement this year so is this a matter of the courts or what should I do next?

Many Thanks

pers i think the WHOLE CCJ should be set aside

if these charges/mis-sold ins WERE a part of the mortgage before it got there

i can't ever hope to know as much about this as ell-enn does

but you've been well and truly done over if this IS the case

reclaiming might not be the ans

a total rethink of what to do is needed & we are even p'haps talking here of SERIOUS compensation

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And then it makes you wonder why the OFT have to date still not renewd Blemain's licence and has been pending since May 2011...................

http://www2.crw.gov.uk/pr/default.aspx

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name 0032328 Current Blemain Finance Limited Event Details:

Event Number Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status 44 Renewal 04-May-2011

Open Licence Event Details:

RoleNameAction LICENSEEBlemain Finance LimitedPending OfficerAdrian Joseph GrantPending OfficerGary BaileyPending OfficerGary Derek BeckettPending OfficerHenry Neville MoserPending OfficerMarc Richard GoldbergPending OfficerStephen Paul BakerPending OfficerTracey BaileyPending

Address TypeAddressAction CorrespondenceBracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BDPending Principal Place Of BusinessBracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BDPending Registered OfficeBracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BDPending

Trading Names:

NameAction BlemainPending Blemain FinancePending Blemain Finance DirectPending Blemain GroupPending Direct FinancePending

Categories:

CategoryAction Consumer creditRetained Consumer hireRetained Credit brokerageRetained Credit reference agencyRemoved Debt adjusting/counsellingRemoved Debt collectingRemoved

The payments are being made under a suspended possession order not a CCJ. The first thing you need to do is send them a copy of your own buildings insurance and request that they remove their charge for insurance from the account. You also need to request an explanation for the other charges. Send the letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy of it for yourselves. If you need help with the letter let me know and I'll draft one for you.

A lot of these sub prime lenders insist on seeing proof of buildings insurance with them named as the beneficiary otherwise they will arrange insurance themselves and charge you for it - and it is always about 3 times more expensive. However, if you can prove you have your own insurance they have to remove their charge as you cannot have two insurances for the same property. They should also be reminded of the Civil Justice Council protocols for mortgage arrears which states that they should consider a debtors's request to change the payment date in order to align with salary payments.

3.2.2 Requests for change in payments

The protocol states that the lender should consider a reasonable request from a borrower to change the date of regular payment or the method by which the payment is made.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi webbscatering I cannot say for sure why their licence is still pending BUT any average person would think that there was something not quite right hey?

I mean a month or two ok but it has been almost 6 months and the OFT do not take take such a big step like that if you were playing fair would you not think?

and if everything you did was all above board?

just my intake on this that's all.

One thing that makes me laugh about Blemain is that all the posts I have read where Blemain have taken or taking proceedings against people that it is only and only then do they drop the bombshell on people about adding their own building insurance fee to their loan.....

.plus interest and charges on top?

I mean if this was such an important document would one not think that they should have requested this as soon as the loan took off the ground?

What is their reason for waiting 1, 2, 3 and in some cases more than 5 years for requesting this?

unless this is just another way for them to try and bleed more money out of people in desperate situations for their sole benefit.

I agree 100% six months is a long time to review a license especially if you are potraying an image as a legitimate business, like most good businesses if its run straight these processes should quite literally fly through but this is no ordinary business.

What I find confusing about how they run their business is every month like clock work I receive two letters (all which I have kept) both saying how i am breaching the court agreement and the other saying they are considering repossession due to my breach of payment and on both show the arrears amount less my £50 payment but this statement shows otherwise... weird or what?

not weird at all it is just that these low lifes just want to get as much out of you as they can...........I think that you are being treated grossly unfair.........you have kept up your payments as agreed, so what is their beef?

And if anyone thinks that they ran their business straight then I am ready to drink a bottle of vodka even though i don't drink LOL....

just run it by me again please are you paying on the date that you were ordered and if not how many days up or down are you?

This is the thing with this company from the outset they tried to force PPI down my throat but I stood my ground and said I was worthless which inevitably they was niffed about, so they have obviuosly found a loop hole in the system whereby they are supposedly looking after their interests by insuring the concerns they have an invested interest in.

Funny thing is my main mortgage is with Santander and they have never tried this stunt!

Ell-enn this is refreshing news and really would appreciate a draft letter although I probably could write one myself my biggest fear is wording it incorrectly, thanks for your help

I'll try and draft one for you tomorrow - you might have to give me a nudge though as I will be at work and may get distracted. Can you get a photocopy of your buildings insurance documents so it can be enclosed with the letter ?

I am paying on the date I get paid, when I was at the last repossesion appearance back in 2009, we said to the Judge and their Brief paymnet could not be made on the 12th of the month but at the end of the month, the judge said he could not change the payment date this was down to Blemain but these wallies have said no its down to the judge!!.

Now bear in mind our main lender Santander who also had a repossession order have now put the arrears on the end of mortgage as we kept up payments without fail, we put this to Blemain.... you can guess the rest!

I'll try and draft one for you tomorrow - you might have to give me a nudge though as I will be at work and may get distracted. Can you get a photocopy of your buildings insurance documents so it can be enclosed with the letter ?

thank you, thank you, thank you Ell-enn, I will send you a copy straight away ( need to dig it out first)

Cheers

Hi, affixed is a draft letter re the buildings insurance and monthly charges. Enclose a photocopy of your insurance. Make sure you send it by recorded delivery and keep a copy of the letter for yourselves.

Webbscatering letter.doc

Hi Ell-enn,

great letter and thanks for that, but something is telling me you anticipate a no response to this letter, if so I take it you have something up your sleave also do we send a letter to OFT as advised by patrickq1?

Best wishes

Kev

the OFT advice is to call Consumer Direct and make a complaint 08454 04 05 06

yes consumer direct you can ring them and they will discuss with you then you will find the complaint form on consumer direct website which you have to sing giving them permission to approach B on your behalf ,it takes time but worth it its all in your favour write the whole story chronologicly for CD explaining your several requests to B about altering the date , they refuse every request thus creating a debt which is subject to interest plus compound intrest on top of that , it all mounts up and shows just how unfair they are being so a claim then counter claim for the interest possibly but Ell-en will guide you through excactly what to do follow her advice to the letter

patrickq1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone,

got a reply from Blemain and all they sent me was a letter telling me the £42 charge was for "monthly charge- arrears" and that is it, there is no mention about the building insurance. I have downloaded the complaint form from the FOS and would like a little help with the "please tell us what your complaint is about" paragraph,

Many Thanks

Kev

the addition of un-needed builings insurance and the unlawful charges

pers i'd write back to blemmy asking why the have failed to answer your conplaint upon the insurance matter

dx

and they