Reliable collection & JDW Oxendales 'debt' no CCA!

jumpjet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been sending CCA requests to all my creditors in turn and have now started to recieve their replies. we have a DMP and our aim is to find out exactly who can enforce the debts and who can't. We are now at a stage where we need to consider the pro's & cons of continuing to pay our creditors via the DMP . If it turns out that very few of our creditors can enforce their debts then obviously the ones that can would be paid off quicker. The only problem with this is that the CCC's will not stop payments for disputed accounts, even though we have letters of proof of no CCA. We are hoping to use these people as our test case so to speak. Our concern is that there are a number of creditors yet to SAR/CCA and if it turns out that they have agreements, we will need our DMP as they have quite high balances. I would welcome all advice.

Also, the attached letter from Reliable claims that even though they have no agreement and can't pursue this to court, they can still pursue it. Is this correct. On the same day we received this letter, we also had a new agreement set up from them with a 10% of the balance admin charge and a statement with a £12 fee added. The balance has now increased by £100 and they don't have an agreement!

reliable letter.pdf

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I recieved this letter this morning from JD and would appreciate any input/varification of their claims etc.

As I read it, they do not intend to persue the debt, but claim to have the right to do what they like with my data.

Once again, all comments welcome.

img004.pdf

img005.pdf

they have not sid they wont persue the debt.

they are talking rubbish about the dpa btw.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Guest daewoo21

Not 100% certain about this i'm sure some one else will advise you.

I think that the cca contains a paragraph about them being able to process your data, however if the cca is not fully executed

i.e not a true copy with your sig and all other required terms and info,

then I dont think they can.

You could tell them this and tell them that you are going to report them to the information commissionaire and the OFC.

that would be the fos not they ofc

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

they have not sid they wont persue the debt.

they are talking rubbish about the Data Protection Act btw.

I took thier statment on page two....."on this basis we can confirm thatall collection activity will cease!"

to mean that they would'nt be persuing:eek:

rite well i am sorry as that was not comming up earlier.

yes they are saying collection activity will cease.

I like that they are saying then when u apply for a catalogue u consent to sharing ur data. That is not true.

Thanks GM,

Thats exactly what I needed, confirmation that I had not got my wires crossed!

As for the data bit, I am pretty much convinced they are talking through their backsides but just needed to check I had read between the lines correctly!

It will be interesting to see if they come up with anything else.

Thanks again,

scampjet.

do u realise that you can tell the credit referancy agency they use, equifax, the account is in dispute any next have admitted they have no cca so they cannot make a record of info on my credit report.

Yes, I do realise this, just needed to get them to confirm for sure first. Thats my next step!

And after that......Lowells, 1st credit, Red castle, CL, and citi:D

Dumping DMP as of next payment...making arrangements with those who have agreements, then having a go at BOS for PPI and charges!

Thanks again!

well what u can do is this

write to the CRA asking them to put a notice of dispute next to the relivant info.