Robinson Way help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's fair enough, and of course it is a debtor's legal right to request a CCA, I wasn't claiming it isn't. In the thread that you're referring to, I asked a valid question, since the OP states that they know owe the money to Cahoot, it seemed a bit odd that they would dispute liability just because a DCA takes over the account.

In this thread, I have actually stated that Robinson Way would more than likely accept an offer of £1 per month if sent by the CAB with a financial statement, so I fail to see why it is me being targeted? Surely more can be expected from the CAG staff?

A fair point and if i have offended you then i am not too big to say sorry where an apology is due, however, the problem is that i viewed your posts and i saw that many of them sounded quite like they were to illicit a response from the users

the thing you must remember is that people come here out of desperation, many of people are pressured by DCAs, treated unfairly and harassed and also lied to in many cases in an attempt to get them to pay whatever, often on statute barred debts or debts which do not have a valid contract supporting them

so you have to remember that we are very protective of our members and that when it appears that someone is trolling like your posts appeared to be, we will reply with posts such as dont feed the troll to try and avoid heated arguments which serve to help no one

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's appreciated. Now, I genuinely would like to help people out here since I know the ins and outs of how Robinson Way work, so if you are willing to accept my help, then I will help out on here.

Now, as far as people on CAG (and indeed the law) will say, your sister has absolutely NO legal obligation to prove that she doesn't owe this money, it is in fact the other way around. The DCA has to prove that she does.

That said, I suggest this as a personal opinion of how to get the issue resolved easily, even though you legally do NOT have to.

If you sister has some kind of ID, such as a passport, driving license, etc; something official with her signature on it, I personally, would photocopy it and send it to RW to show the signature differs. In my experience, that would resolve it the quickest.

Let me just clarify, I know you do not have to prove a thing. Just what I would personally do to get it off your back.

To the op: I genuinely would like to help you out, if you want to PM me the reference number, I'll delay the account or whatever til you can send it over, if you chose to do so.

If you don't, that's obviously your choice, since RW have to prove she owes it.

I hope you can see I'm really not trying to be a dick and stand up for people who treat people like crap on the phone. I am one of the good guys, even if it doesn't seem like it. :)

This post does not reflect the professional views of any DCA; it is purely the poster's own opinions and personal advice.

However if Robinson Way cannot provide a true copy of a signed CCA then the OP does not have to keep paying any money to them whether Robin Alexander is a nice guy or not.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

There is a dispute over the signature is there not?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

What advice is that? Pay the debt even though they cannot prove its yours? Loads of advice that is to a woman who has serious mental health problems, and probably, but not necessarily a hardship problem.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

I'm not going to continue arguing when my stance is quite clear. I did not once say to pay it. Look back. Just read post #77. If you cannot contribute something meaningful to the thread, do not reply. Regardless of what you or other users think of me, I am willing to help the OP out. Again, I didn't once say to pay the account, so please get your facts right before posting defamatory comments about people.

The advice offered in post #77 is possibly the easiest solution, being that a CCA was provided and the signatures differ.

This post does not reflect the professional views of any DCA; it is purely the poster's own opinions and personal advice.

Yes I can confirm that unfortunately my sister does indeed suffer not only from mental health problems but also a hardship problem - that often comes hand in hand with Bi-Polar as sufferes are often not good at management of resources etc.

I am going to be following TGM's advice and getting the right to deal with this case completely signed over to me so that I can take any potential stress off my sister - because to be honest there is a fairly strong possibility of her being re-admitted to a phsyciatric hospital due to her illness and that would put a full stop to any chance of anyone getting any money! But regardless of that I really, really do not want to see her back there!

Given that they have sent out a copy agreement already with these sigs on it what do people think about sending proof that these do not match my sisters? Does anyone ahve any experience of such actions previously? If it is likely to end this matter smoothly and quickly I would be willing to consider it!

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Whatever Robin, you said in the other Robinson's way thread to pay it back. In my opinion, and that is all it is, anyone who makes their crust working for a DCA, threatening and harrassing someone who is struggling is ****. Whether this applies to anyone on this board or not is something I do not know, but they will. If they take offence then good, they should. Pretending to be someone who is giving advice, and again I am not naming any names here, makes them double ****. I just hope that if they are here and reading this they can sleep soundly knowing that what they are doing is nothing short of bullying.

I do hope that United's sister asks for a TRUE signed copy of her CCA as I am sure that Robbingsomeone's way cannot provide one.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Again, I repeat, a lot of people who work for DCAs do, well and truly, threaten people who may be struggling, but that does not apply to everyone who works for a DCA, which you need to be aware of. What you're doing is nothing more than prejudice, which makes you no better than the people working in DCAs who threaten and harass customers.

If anyone chooses to accept my help and advice, that's up to them, same goes for if they do not want to.

As far as the other thread goes, whereby I apparently 'said to pay it back', again double check. I didn't once say that, I merely questioned the OP as to why dispute liability, simply because the account is sold to a DCA, when they've been paying the original creditor without a problem.

Edited by robinalexander

Just for an extra piece of information, earlier on today I spoke to a local printing company (experts in the field of printing / special effects / photoshop) and a very nice chap have incredibly kindly said he will take a peak at the copy we have been sent and offer an expert opinion as to whether it has been "tampered" with (not that I suggest for one minute that any company involved would have done such a thing) because I am still concerend that the 2 sigs do not match each other and want to eliminate any possibility(however slight) that this discrepency has been caused by any foul play.

Disclaimer - I am not suggesting or implying that any company, person, or organisation involved in this, or any other case, has or ever would tamper with any documentation. I am simply having this checked to be sure in my own mind.

• Haha 1

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

i go to bed and a troll turns up typical.

UF glad u will be thinking about my idea it will help ur sis sort her health out.

TGM

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.