Driven 'Nuts' By D.C.A.'s?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having suffered years of torment for the stupid financial mistakes of my youth I have come to the conclusion that the D.C.A.'s have actually driven me bonkers. Living in the house with another major debtor didn't help. It meant double the phone calls. On our land line, on our mobiles and some emails too bless them. Not to forget the lovely text messages as well. I first surfaced here in May to help my father. I think he may possibly have died if I hadn't found this site. He was suffering chest pains and was under severe stress. He recently turned 74. I did tell them all this and he wrote to them all as well, but they kept on ringing and ringing. Are they deranged or something? Everything is ok now. Not one call, text or email. All my debt is stat barred. It turns out all my dad's debt is unenforcable. We are not proud of this at all and half of our flat did willingly go to paying off these 'unsecured' debts a couple of years ago. The other half belongs to my mum and isn't ours to give. I can't deny I feel relieved, but my head just still isn't right. I think I have developed a deep rooted hatred for these companies and their methods. Whenever I visit the D.C.A. forum my blood begins to boil. I see all the stupid names like 'In Truth Just Idiots' and 'Crapquest' and it just annoys me. All the lies they tell. Every phone call I have ever had with a D.C.A. has contained a lie on their part I think. Can't they just make do with sending letters? Having jointly suffered with my father for a good 8 years I want to stick some pins in them. I think I would have a good case against them for mental damage actually. I envisage returning to some form of normality by the end of this year!!! Just thinking of all the other poor people who are soon to go through all this really does depress me though. What a complete and utter farce. I'm not looking for any sympathy and don't want this thread to be about me and my father. Just post here if you really feel you have been driven absolutely 'NUTS' by those lovely D.C.A.'s. It really is a special feeling! :D :D :D How on earth will I get by without them?

I feel like smoking a Hamlet after all that. :) :) :)

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I think I have developed a deep rooted hatred for these companies and their methods. Whenever I visit the D.C.A. forum my blood begins to boil. I see all the stupid names like 'In Truth Just Idiots' and 'Crapquest' and it just annoys me. All the lies they tell.

Yes I agree Ren :) Every DCA we've encountered has lied. Plus most if not all the posts on CAG show how they lie, again and again. Additionally, creditors lie.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Nuts Nuts and totally banana's :D

Until I joined CAG I was barely eating and would sit by the phone dredding the next call. But all that's changed I now realise that you can fight back & reclaim not just your money but your sanity!!

I love getting phone calls and letters now and float around with a kick ass feeling in my belly:)

Let the boat out Rene and smoke 2 Hamlets why the hell not!!

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

If what they try to do wasn't so inhumane, damaging and destructive, I think what CAG shows us, by challenging them, is that they're like really nasty kids. They're bullies and CAG pulls their pants down!

Lying is SOP for DCAs - and, increasingly, banks and credit card companies.

I don't think I'd expect anything else from such a grubby industry; the staff with whom most of us deal are often, it seems, those who slept in on the day their local burger outlet was recruiting. They are badly-paid, poorly trained and will probably move on to something else after a short time.

My ire is reserved for those who know how these creatures operate, but deny and do nothing to stop it. Look at any DCA's website - they like to present themselves as normal corporate types, and make much of how they comply with the law and regulations - whilst knowing all along that they aren't. Original creditors, too, pretend that the DCAs they employ act legitimately.

I have to agree with the above. It's only with the tacit agreement of the big financial houses that these pond life DCAs are allowed to continue with the practices they operate. I have only encountered two and they have both told outrageous lies in respect of their powers and what they can do to me. They know damn well they things they say are against standing regulations but if they keep it to the phone they can 'lose' their tapes or blame it on a rogue phone jokey if there's any major comeback.

They aren't vultures, vultures feed on carcasses. They're hyenas - they single out the weakest and most vulnerable and they nip and nip and nip until their prey is brought down.

I know for every one of us here who fight back and don't cave to their harassment there are probably dozens of people who don't know their rights and who pay up statue barred debts or even debts which were never there simply because they are frightened, old, sick and unknowing of their rights. It's that which makes me sick. I can't even say that it's not the fault of the employees of these companies as all the one's I've encountered have been rude, ignorant of their own legal standing, arrogant and totally lacking in any intelligence, common sense or sympathy.

Every DCA i've encountered has lied. Plus most if not all the posts on CAG show how debtors lie, again and again. Additionally, creditors get lied to.

Well bless your heart, Mr Sensible - and I saw you here last night as well! :D

Isn't there a CAG law for vexatious trolling?

funny this, i once knew a guy from the middle east that said it was agianst the law, and religion, to gain from someone elses misfortune

i thought it was a sound moral...things would change if our society if that was the case

i certainly feel much more in control

Wise words, no-one should gain from someone elses misfortune.

Out of interest, where do you buy your clothes from and ever noticed who makes them? A british firm paying the minimum wage? No, they come from a sweatshop in Asia who pay the workers peanuts and they also have appalling conditions. Cheap clothes though!. Yep, your a hypocrite!

Wise words, no-one should gain from someone elses misfortune.

Out of interest, where do you buy your clothes from and ever noticed who makes them? A british firm paying the minimum wage? No, they come from a sweatshop in Asia who pay the workers peanuts and they also have appalling conditions. Cheap clothes though!. Yep, your a hypocrite!

I poted this as a lighthearted thread in The Bear Garden. Why was it moved? Now he has stumbled on it. :( :( :( I am not happy at all. Can his posts be removed? This thread is clearly supposed to be about folk being driven nuts by D.C.A.'s. Why can't he start his own 'D.C.A.'s Are Good Guys' thread? Go and find some friends.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I know I'm in the minority, but it actually got to the point that I began to look forward to lowlife 'phoning me.

I would quite happily spend an hour or so (of their time & money) discussing Consumer Law & the morality (or more to the point immorality in their eyes) of being a debtor. They would philosophise, threaten & cojole. Oh how we laughed together, I even invited them to come & visit me, I mentioned that I would lay on something special for them as a treat and even promised to take my medication & hide all sharp objects, they said a 'doorstep collector' would visit, but alas no-one ever came:(

Oh how I do so miss my little anonymous friends, it's such a pity that the term 'Statute Barred' finally had some meaning to them. Never mind tho', maybe they'll pass my file on & I'll be able to make some new friends:D :D :D

What is really hurtful with these DCA's tho' is their empty promises!

They promise you a day out (albeit it's only the local Court, but after all a date's a date & at my age beggars can't be choosers). So what do you do? In my case I dash down to 'Uncles' & redeem my best 'Bib & Tucker' (very smart it is, wrap around sleeves with nice shiney buckles), have it cleaned & pressed, dry-out over the forthcoming days and wait & wait & wait. Everytime the Postman calls I wait in eager anticipation for my 'invitation', but it never arrives. No matter, maybe mañana. But alas, it never arrives. Oh well, I'll go and sit back on the shelf :rolleyes::(

BTW, SoSensible, will you be my new special friend?

Ah, it must be troll re-incarnation week.

It actually brightens my day to see posts from trolls because it shows that CAG is getting to the heart of everything thats bad about the credit and collection industry.

Sensible (add whatever you wish here...Mr for last week, So for this week and what about next week, might I suggest In) to sum up..CAG is a fountain of knowledge whereas you are not even an idea in a puddle.

Time for you to evaporate.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Having suffered years of torment for the stupid financial mistakes of my youth I have come to the conclusion that the D.C.A.'s have actually driven me bonkers. Living in the house with another major debtor didn't help. It meant double the phone calls. On our land line, on our mobiles and some emails too bless them. Not to forget the lovely text messages as well. I first surfaced here in May to help my father. I think he may possibly have died if I hadn't found this site. He was suffering chest pains and was under severe stress. He recently turned 74. I did tell them all this and he wrote to them all as well, but they kept on ringing and ringing. Are they deranged or something? Everything is ok now. Not one call, text or email. All my debt is stat barred. It turns out all my dad's debt is unenforcable. We are not proud of this at all and half of our flat did willingly go to paying off these 'unsecured' debts a couple of years ago. The other half belongs to my mum and isn't ours to give. I can't deny I feel relieved, but my head just still isn't right. I think I have developed a deep rooted hatred for these companies and their methods. Whenever I visit the D.C.A. forum my blood begins to boil. I see all the stupid names like 'In Truth Just Idiots' and 'Crapquest' and it just annoys me. All the lies they tell. Every phone call I have ever had with a D.C.A. has contained a lie on their part I think. Can't they just make do with sending letters? Having jointly suffered with my father for a good 8 years I want to stick some pins in them. I think I would have a good case against them for mental damage actually. I envisage returning to some form of normality by the end of this year!!! Just thinking of all the other poor people who are soon to go through all this really does depress me though. What a complete and utter farce. I'm not looking for any sympathy and don't want this thread to be about me and my father. Just post here if you really feel you have been driven absolutely 'NUTS' by those lovely D.C.A.'s. It really is a special feeling! How on earth will I get by without them?

I feel like smoking a Hamlet after all that.

I enjoyed reading all of that very much indeed...glad you & ur father are ok now.

What drives me bonkers about DCA's is just how USELESS alot of them are. :D

Ive been threatened with just about everything off them over the years...not 1 single threat has ever actually happened :rolleyes:

''I know I'm in the minority, but it actually got to the point that I began to look forward to lowlife phoning me.'

Serious signs of insanity my friend!

I can associate with that totally.:D

The DCA's i no longer hear from i actually miss now very much.

I may get back in touch with some of them & ask if they can start contacting me again :D

I think to feel empowered against them when they have tried it on is wonderful - and they are a shower of devious, lying vultures as we all know. I've spent the last couple of days getting my facts right and checking the law and their calculations and the letters I have just written to them are dangling them on a string. It's payback time for all those who don't know their rights - my letters were for them too.

• 2 weeks later...