Barclaycard ; Are These Enforceable Please

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you were doing something nice :D

Thanks for the advice above.. will get on to the schedule of charges in the morning am printing the letters out tonight ready for posting in the morning. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry CB,

Just seen error in my post above, "....suffered in the last 5 years and...."

It should read ....last 6 years .... and I've edited it now.

send the ltrs to BC by Rec'd Del'y.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick132. Recorded delivery it is :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello, ive just been reading through your issues with mercers and it looks like i'm looking into the future after sending a request for a cca they sent me a copy of somthing but it's not the original my wife filled out in the branch, i'm a bit wet behind the ears but should the cca be computer generated with little crosses in the important bits which by the way are in completly the wrong places ie : it clearly says at the top of the page that my wifw is a Mrs, but there is a cross in single in the marital status:

apparently we only have 1 child but the last time i looked we have 2:

They have put my wifes previouse job in the curent employment which they say she had worked there for 3 yrs 7 months which is also how long they put that my wife had been banking with them even though she is 36 and banked with them since she was 16.

The form looks like it has been filled in by someone with no brains, dyslexic and does a great impression of stevie wonder.

ps i in no way would like any one with dyslexia to be offended by this thread you are in no way like the troubled staff of Mercers:D

Draxus, it might be good for you to start your own thread and scan the copy of the document you were sent so that people can see what you have and comment on your particular circumstances. It does seem a bit strange that they dont have the personal details correct on your form though !! :)

BCOBS

Draxus

As CB says, start yourself a thread and post the doc't for us to see, or a link to it using Photobucket.

Read here for useful tips - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

We can then give any help or advice and your case is kept in one place.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

This is the latest response from Barclaycard Visa. So what should my next move be please. Thank you x

sonjars8gu8.th.jpg

BCOBS

Hi CB,

Unenforceable BC Visa a/c

They're clearly talking rubbish according to PT earlier. Time for another ltr to them.

Dear Ms Simmonds,

BC Visa a/c no. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

I thank you for your letter of 12th March but disagree with it's content.

You have failed to supply me with a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms as required.

I enclose a copy of my letter to you of 9/10th March in which I clearly set out why the documents supplied fail to comply with my request.

I suggest you read, once more, the full content of my earlier letter so you understand why the alleged is UNENFORCEABLE and the consequences of your pursuing me for payment.

Any further demands for payment by yourselves, Mercers or any other party will be construed as harassment and will be reported as such to the relevant financial bodies, as stated in my last letter.

Yours sincerely,

CitizenB

CB,

Enforceable BC Mastercard a/c

To avoid confusion between the 2 accounts, can you please start a new thread for the BC M/card a/c in the BC forum where we'll help, if nec'y, with reclaiming the penalty chgs you've suffered on the a/c.

This will reduce the debt owed on the a/c so you may regain control of this matter. If the a/c becomes a debt issue again, we can always move it back into the Debt forums.

Start the new thread with a very brief history re the a/c but don't bother posting doc'ts again - they're here if nec'y and the new thread can include a link to this one.:)

Thanks for the letter slick132. Will get on to that later on today.

Thanks for the advice re starting another thread for the enforceable mastercard account. It will most certainly make life easier :)

BCOBS

No need to yet. There's simply polite correspondance taking place.

If they start bothering you for the unenforceable debt, then you can send BC a Formal Complaint and contact TS and FOS.

Thanks Duffer's Mum and Slick132. Have sent the letter out today and have made a note that it is Northampton TS that I have to contact should the need arise. :)

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

This is the latest from Mercers re Barclaycard Visa. Clearly the letters sent above are either not being read or they are they are just ignoring them anyway. Letter dated 31st March 2008.. posted 2nd class mail as usual, arrived today. So I guess they passed it on to the new DCA yesterday !

I kind of think that I have come to the end of any 'polite conversation' so should my next step be Trading Standards please.

mercersrg3.th.jpg

BCOBS

Citizen I would have reported them to TS long ago! I've just sent off a F&F settlement letter to B/C, advising them that bearing in mind they haven't complied with my CCA request the offer I am making is very fair, be interesting to see if they accept what I've offered.

Once I got Northampton TS to look into my problems with B/C, I heard nothing further from B/C or Mercers, which by my reckoning is a result in itself. I did continue to pay a nominal amount every month (and still am) but pay it to B/C, I have totally ignored Mercers except to tell them that B/C have not complied with CCA request.

Good luck :)

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

Thanks Duffers mum. When making my complaint to Trading Standards, do I have to quote all the relevant OFT guidelines/rules that are being broken ?. I want to get this right first time :)

BCOBS

Hi CB,

You just need to to tell TS that BC and/or Mercers are harassing you over a debt when the a/c is in dispute and they've failed to supply a proper Agreement.

Complain also to FOS and send Mercers a copy of the letter.

TS and FOS will know what reg'ns are being broken.

Thanks Slick132. I will be sorting that out today. x

BCOBS

Citizen, if you email Northampton TS, you may not get a response which in turn means you don't know if they are actually doing anything about your complaint. I think I emailed 3 times before I got a response from someone there to advise me that they were actually looking into the matter. However might be an idea to send a gentle reminder to them if you have not heard anything after a couple of weeks. Remember also to tell B/C and Mercers that you have contacted TS. Good luck :)

Citizen, if you email Northampton TS, you may not get a response which in turn means you don't know if they are actually doing anything about your complaint. I think I emailed 3 times before I got a response from someone there to advise me that they were actually looking into the matter. However might be an idea to send a gentle reminder to them if you have not heard anything after a couple of weeks. Remember also to tell B/C and Mercers that you have contacted TS. Good luck :)

Thanks Duffers Mum, much appreciated. Will keep you updated x

BCOBS

I have sent an email to Trading Standards :D Am now going to send one to FOS. I will send Mercers and B/C just a short note to say that I have passed on my file to those organisations. :)

BCOBS

Citizen - I hope it keeps them off your back, I had a refund of £300 in unauthorised fees and charges from B/C after contacting TS because B/C suddendly remembered they had sent me the wrong documentation! However they still charge interest on my account even though they have yet to prove what what they have sent me is actaully my agreement :)

Many thanks Duffer's Mum.. I went back and amended the form to include the fact that B/C are continuing to add interest and late payment charges to a disputed account :D Just waiting for OH to get home then he can sign the FOS complaint form and it can go in the post x

BCOBS

I have emailed the Northamptonshire TS re Barclaycard & Mercers. However, I have just seen on another thread that I should advise my local TS as well.. is that correct please ? x

BCOBS