Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit?

seanmick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We currently receive £34 per week Working Tax Credit (we live in the UK). Thats just that basic "working couple on low income" rate, as far as I understand.

According to the good lady at the Citizens Advice Bureau, when our baby is born in December and we become "parents of a dependent child" this will go up quite a lot - we will apparently get child tax credit "alongside" Working Tax Credit and the amount of Child Tax Credit will be a lot more than £34.00. Plus it will be possible to claim for childcare expenses (we are low earners).

After being let down so many times by the benefits system when we have been "in need", this just seems too good to be true. Does anyone know what sort of tax credits a low earning couple with one baby can expect to get? I just can't believe what the lady at Citizens Advice told me!!! Surely they aren't that generous!

Foot links edited

if you go to the HMRC site and look under child tax credits there is a calculator that should work it out for you

honey x

and yes its alot of money, i worried and didnt spend what they were paying me for months lol ;)

good luck with the impending addition too x