unpaid tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

surely all these expenses will have to be taken into account when and if she submits accounts.

From what I can gather no accounts have been filed. Mrs Scaper should of filled in yearly tax returns which I believe she hs not. Is this right Scaper?

Guest Gertie100

Scaper - back onto the matter in hand - did your other half work before or since?

Reason I ask is because I had a career break for about 18 months 1997-98 and stopped paying NI.

Approx 2 years ago I had a letter saying that I wouldn't get a full pension because of not paying NI during those years. And I had moved and got married within that time!

I almost wrote back saying that the reason I wouldn't be getting a full pension was because the govt couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery and that was nothing to do with me not paying NI for 18 months!

Hi Wino, correct no accounts drawn up, money banked and then she just let the matter drag on, until now.

Gertie, she had not worked for about 5 years, as bringing up kids.She would have been signed off for ni when she left full time employment.

Scrap you said that your partner was unemployed for just under 3 years and in that time she made 30,000 which is less that 10,000 a year, i feel that the tax on that would be minimal as well as the insurance. :rolleyes:

Allwood.

She had child and was off work for 5 years, then did self employed work, untaxed for about 3 years then returned to look after the house, which was about 2 and half years ago.

This is obviously worrying you both, why not go into your local tax office and explain, the people in there are human and will assist you wherever possible.

Go and get it off your minds they are not going to send you to prison and I am sure you will not have to pay too much back tax on it.

The tax office will be happy that you have made the right decision in going to them with it. :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I have just been reading your thread and I have to agree with Allwood,go and see them get it off your chest,at least that way you won't be continually looking over your shoulder,and wondering if they will catch you.

This is obviously worrying you both, why not go into your local tax office and explain, the people in there are human and will assist you wherever possible.

Go and get it off your minds they are not going to send you to prison and I am sure you will not have to pay too much back tax on it.

The tax office will be happy that you have made the right decision in going to them with it. :rolleyes:

I agree if it is worrying you that much you need to do something. Just to repeat myself. Go to an accountant let them work out the tax, fines etc owing and they may be able to help you. You can go direct to the Tax but as said in an earlier post the Tax will try for all they can get. So my advice is get a professional to bat on yourside to even it up :)

I would not even bother going to account first, go the tax office and they will tell what they need to see, which may not be much as said before it was over nearly three years and less then 10,000 per year. If the tax wants to see documents than you can get them for the tax office, you will find that they are very helpful.:(