Lowels CCA ... one letter to far !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just starting a thread to log all stuff that happens and in case i need any extra help along the way.

Ive typed out, ready to post in the morning, a CCA request to LOWELS regarding a debt they purchased from Creation finance ltd in Dec 2006 for an amount of £357.

Anyway we agreed a £5 a month payment plan with them and they accepted immediatly - A direct debit was set up and they didnt actually take the money from my account - The DD was never used !!!! June of this year we finally got it sorted after several phone calls trying to get there account details so i could set up a Standing Order. This has been paid every month, YET, every month we get a letter from them saying "you are behind in your payment plan - Pay full amount Now". This has gone on and on even though the last 2 months ive payed them £10 a month -

Letter turned up today along with a phone call threatening legal action etc

So sod 'em !!!! CCA on its way :)

Bearing in mind the original debt is a store card from 1995 ish and the fact that the debt has been SOLD to Lowel what abuse should i expect from them ?

Im quietly confident (maybe wrongly) that there will be no CCA

Hi Scooterooney, it seems that as you say this DCA has overstepped the mark, and I think that it is unlikely that they will be able to comply to your CCA request (don't forget the £1 fee, postal order preferable so that they are not able to use your signature!)

What a silly bunch. There you were ready to pay them, and then they just get greedy! Common sense not prevailing.

I would imagine that they will not be too pleasant, but then if you dont answer their telephone calls, or if you refuse to answer their security questions, then it won't be too bad at all! LOL

Red

CCA request to Lowels now posted by recorded first class mail.

I always get the dates mixed up so could someone confirm that the 12 days given to send the CCA is as follows .......

12 days from the point they sign for the letter

and is it 12 WORKING days ( ie 12 days + weekends) or is it 12 days full stop.

I think that is is 12+2 Working days, I believe that the two days are to allow for postage time . :-)

Also, dont talk to them anymore, if they ring , just tell them to put it all in writing and then replace the receiver, dont let them goad you into talking

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I think that is is 12+2 Working days, I believe that the two days are to allow for postage time . :-)

Also, dont talk to them anymore, if they ring , just tell them to put it all in writing and then replace the receiver, dont let them goad you into talking

cool - so of 2 days is for postage time i can leave them aside as they will have signed for delivery and just start the 12 days straight from that point.

As for them phoning etc - Bring it on lol - they will recieve a telephone harrasment letter ater the next call

Yet again Lowells sheer greed has driven another person to CAG. Someone who was prepared to pay them without question BUT as a result of their greedy and bullying telephone calls has decided to see whether the idiots actually have a legal right to collect.

Are there any excess charges on the account also ?

very difficult to say to be honest as its so old.

Its a MILLETS store card from around 1996 and i believe Creation Finance was the Lending company that issued the store card.

we stopped paying in a round 2002 and Id imagine that over the years there have been charges for everything from late payments to sending out letters etc though i have no old statements and id deffo say the last time we used it was 6 years + ago so id imagine they couldnt produce statements either

Is/was the debt statute barred at any stage ?

No - i can almost 100% say that bits have been paid over the years including a year or so with debt management Company Ernst and Baines and then by myself on a self organise payment plan.

No worries. It would be amazing if Lowells could comply with your CCA.

They still haven't with mine and they are now two weeks past the 30 day period. Just had a nice text off my phone reminding me my payment is due within 7 days.

I'll let a couple of letters come through the post before hitting them hard..

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

The 12 days allowed to supply the CCA has now passed and ive not heard a word from Lowels - No dodgy CCA, No Application Form - infact I have not even recieved a letter to say they will look into it ! incidently i havent recieved any phonecalls from them either lol.

I assume now i can stop my standing order to them and legally not pay untill they supply the CCA

Yes CANCEL your standing order NOW!!!!.

They are in default of your CCA request and you can LEGALLY stop paying these muppets. If they do produce what they claim to be a CCA then please post it on here and we will tell you if it is legit.

I have been waiting since June 07 for Lowells to send a CCA for one of my cards. Suspect they are having trouble finding it:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

STILL no CCA from lowels and absolutely no mention of it by phone or letter

However.......

today we receved a letter form lowels which reads:

" As valued customers i would like to give you the opportunity of clearing the outstanding balance you have with our client, Lowel Portfolio ltd.

I am prepared to accept 220 quid of the 300 quid you owe as full and final settlement

Blah blah blah.

Payment can be taken by phone etc etc"

Obviously - they are not getting a penny - and if i do decide to offer anything as full and final it will be on my terms and it will be a lot less than 75% !

I take it that this letter, instead of the CCA i requested, is a minor admission by Lowel that they want to get it sorted asap due to not having a CCA

So whats next step ? Any letter i should send ? Should i enter into a dialogue with them regarding a full and final ?

( by the way - the month after the 12 days is up on the 8th March)