Private Ticketing Company ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was in Farnborough, Hampshire I'm afraid. Just found a few more people who have been stung at the very same car park for the same reason I was today on the forums...

thanks

Chris

Yep Farnborough for me too.

Looks like local rag and MP on to this now.

The signs are not effective enough, and UKPC are playing on it to get people who are used to the flexibility of parking.

One of the things the Final Notice says 'As owner/keeper of the vehicle you are legally liable to pay the parking charge even if you were not the driver at the time'. I am guessing they are talking twaddle with this statement.

This statement is completely wrong - it is lifted from the road traffic act 1991 which UKPC knows full well applies to local authorities not ****** private parking companies - it is worth complaining to Trading Standards citing this statement as being false and solely made with the intention of recovering monies by misrepresenting the actual facts. Any claim UKPC have would be by contract with the driver at the time.

Leave Trading Standards to decide which statutes are applicable although the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and the Fraud Act 2006 springs to mind.

The online consumer complaints facilty does appear to be withdrawn but you should be able to email your local trading standards office here:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

I have now taken further action against UKPC, reporting them to Trading Standards, the Local MP (Gerald Howeth) and the property management company for Solatron Retail park, Legal and General.

I have so far had a positive reply back from Gerald Howeths secretary stating there have been a number of complaints about UKPCs behavior and the issue was featured on the front page of one of the local newspapers over the weekend.

My objective is to get UKPC off of Solatron Business Park for good.

thanks

Chris

I have now taken further action against UKPC, reporting them to Trading Standards, the Local MP (Gerald Howeth) and the property management company for Solatron Retail park, Legal and General.

I have so far had a positive reply back from Gerald Howeths secretary stating there have been a number of complaints about UKPCs behavior and the issue was featured on the front page of one of the local newspapers over the weekend.

thanks

Chris

I applaud you in your efforts. However even if UKPC go they'll probably only be replaced with another PPC. What's really needed is for the business park to look at how they administer parking and look at viable alternative to using private parking tickets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks

Chris

While you are in a letter writing mood, have a look at the article in the local paper, see if it mentions "fines". If it does, write in and correct the misunderstanding, they are not fines, they are unenforceable invoices.

• 1 month later...

Well it's now 6 weeks since I had the debt recovery letter from Hunter Forest and replied asking them to refer the alleged debt back to UKPC as it was still in dispute. They have not attempted to contact me in any way. I am fairly confident that this is the last I will hear from them.

Thanks for all the help

Chris