Benefits!!!

bradreid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

During Nov 07 i had an accident at work which resulted in me loosing both my jobs. I have been trying to claim income support but have been refused on the grounds that me and my ex are deemed as Man and Wife!!! I only live under her roof as she doesnt want to see me out on the street. How can I contest this?

You need to appeal. It is perfectly possible to live apart under the same roof with an ex. I did this 18 months ago and was still married to her at the time. The DWP will probably wish to conduct an interview at your home to help verify your claim.

Once granted benefit, you will also likely be entitled to 50% housing benefit (if you rent) and 50% council tax benefit.

The DWP will review the situation at least every 6 months as they wont allow it to go on indefinitely and either you or your ex will be expected to look for somewhere else to live.

It dopends on the situation.

Is the property owned or council rented?

If the property is council rented then most councils now wait a while after you report the relationship breakdown and say IN WRITING that you both have to live at the property whilest they make the necessary assements to decide who gets the council property and who they would need to rehouse IF they fall under the guidelines of getting council housing.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The other problem is if the divorce has not cum there then BY law you both have the right to live in the property until the divoce and house side of the divorce is settled.

Or that is at least what my parents solicitors advised both of my parents.

They were then given a letter from the solicitors so they could claim benefits seperatly and they were then given a letter to go to the council with advising that they had XX amount of Months to be rehoused by the council or they would be homeless.

My dad was given council housing within 9 months of the divorce being settled and within 8 months of the letters being in with the council.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.