SRA DWP, evidence/acts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sending a subject access request to the DWP (they are chasing a social fund debt I've never had, they say from year 2000). They have already refused to provide copies of original information I have asked for, (ie copy of a signed social fund application form) stating that they are not obliged to under departmental giudelines, as all evidence are held on their computer system.

Now, pardon me, but information typed in by their staff with no input from me, no signature I don't think can be classed as evidence.

They have also told me that I have to provide information to show I was not the recipient of the loan. Hmmm, nigh on the impossible, how in the world can someone prove they DON'T/have never had something?!

My question is, when sending the SAR I will be stating that it is an SRA under section 7 of the data protection act 1998, can also I state that if they are chasing me for a debt I do not believe I have then it is their responsibility to provide me and/or any court with evidence that I have it? And if so, are there any acts/sections of acts that I can refer to when stating this?

Many thanks.

It is possible that they keep electronic copies of original documents. Irrespective of how it is held, you do have the right to a copy, and it would certainly need producing in court (albeit it will be for you to make sure the judge is aware).

Complain to the Information Commissioner. Also write to the DWP stating what you have done, and state that the matter is now in dispute until the required proof is produced. Just in case ID fraud has been committed against you, add into the letters that you need the information to see if a report needs issuing to the police, failure to supply may mean you have to report anyway.

Newbie, please do not start multiple threads for the same subject. It is annoying to try offering some-one advice only to read down a few more threads and see the same subject from the same OP again.

If, as a worker for the DWP social fund, you think we are giving incorrect infromation please feel free to correct us, explaining your reasons.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/126563-alleged-social-fund-debt.html

Newbie, please do not start multiple threads for the same subject. It is annoying to try offering some-one advice only to read down a few more threads and see the same subject from the same OP again.

If, as a worker for the DWP social fund, you think we are giving incorrect infromation please feel free to correct us, explaining your reasons.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/126563-alleged-social-fund-debt.html

Not at all, I didn't come here as a worker, I came here as a victim of their incompetence. I debated largely over whether I should mention I work there, as I was afraid of getting abuse and/or people refusing to help me because I happen to work there. (I haven't been there long), I chose to mention it to point out that I know they are telling me untruths as I know how certain parts of it works, the branch that sent this letter to me do not know I am an employee, yet.

Also I felt that as I work there, I may be able to help with a few issues other people may have.

To be perfectly honest, I hate them as much as anyone as I see for myself the utter shambles the DWP is. I see how things go "missing", I see how people are treated but unfortunately I am on the bottom rung of the ladder and am not in a position to do much about it. I took the job there only because I am on my own with children and couldn't find anything else locally to work around my children.

Newbie.

On your original post I informed you that you did not need to send a SAR request because you could just write to the data protection officer asking for the info.

I know l advised you to SAR them buti then remembered about the original request l made and the paperwork l got because of it.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.