style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My car was taken from outside my house for a debt nothing to do with me. It was not HP but a loan. The loan was taken out by the previous owner on the 20th Jan when I had bought the car on the 1st Jan. How can this be?

I take it the dates you are refering to are from 2007

Did you get the registration document when you actually picked the car up.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Hi all,

My car was taken from outside my house for a debt nothing to do with me. It was not HP but a loan. The loan was taken out by the previous owner on the 20th Jan when I had bought the car on the 1st Jan. How can this be?

Well after what you've said, it sounds a bit like fraud to me.

Have you spoken to the police?

Chris

I had a feeling that you were going to say that my lord.

As chris600 says, you need to get down to the local nick and report a possible fraud or deception.

Just out of interest, do you have a dated receipt or bill of sale.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

My daughter has just bought a car. No logbook as friend of friend had only bought a couple of weeks earlier, sent off the logbook for change of owner and still with DVLA. Since then, he's sold it on to my daughter. So presume this situation could happen to anyone?

What can be done to safeguard our cars then........if a logbook can't be obtained on purchase......

My daughter has just bought a car. No logbook as friend of friend had only bought a couple of weeks earlier, sent off the logbook for change of owner and still with DVLA. Since then, he's sold it on to my daughter. So presume this situation could happen to anyone?

What can be done to safeguard our cars then........if a logbook can't be obtained on purchase......

How about a receipt?

LOL sounds too obvious Chris...

Is it really enough for these guys though if some scrawl from a third party if only a second hand car bought from a friend or neighbour?

Mind you - SOUND ADVICE FROM CHRIS HERE - as insurance company will want one too if any claims go in to prove value of vehicle!!!

Thanks

Gx

LOL sounds too obvious Chris...

Is it really enough for these guys though if some scrawl from a third party if only a second hand car bought from a friend or neighbour?

I would say it was, of course if that person is still a friend, then they can back it up.

The Statutory Declaration is another way, it's a versatile instrument.

• 4 weeks later...