Lost dads Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father passed away recently

He had an insurance out for years but after recieving the claim form from his insurance company it asks for the insurance ref number.

But we have looked all through the house but not been able to find the policy and therefore dont have the policy number,

My question is how do we make a claim without the policy number,

thanks for all help.

Surely if you give the insurance company all his personal details they should be able to trace it? After all the policy did exist and the fact that you can't find the reference number should not prevent you from claiming. I would give them a ring and explain the situation.

In my experience insurance companies are usually pretty helpful - we actually got a letter from one that OH had paid into many years ago and after calling them we found that they wanted to pay him what was due and he had completely forgotten that the policy existed.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

How were premiums paid? By direct debit (Reference number on a bank statement) or by a payment book at the door (Policy number must be shown in the front of the book).

Insurance Company might well be able to do a postcode/name search. Are you the Administrator/Eecutor of the estate?

H

How were premiums paid? By direct debit (Reference number on a bank statement) or by a payment book at the door (Policy number must be shown in the front of the book).

Insurance Company might well be able to do a postcode/name search. Are you the Administrator/Eecutor of the estate?

H

They were paid by cheque

Ask at the bank if they have them. Some people like to keep that type of thing lodged at the bank for safe keeping.

Yes thanks I never thought about the bank it makes sense

That dad may have left his documents at the bank

I am still not thinking correctly thanks again.