New Starter

Lippy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Lippy.

The best advice that I can give you is read the FAQs, the step-by-step guides in the library section and have good look at the threads to see what goes on.

If you have any questions after you've explored then post them on your own thread.

Welcome to the forum and Good Luck.

:)

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Lippy

Have a look through my thread here : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/1346-rebel-barclays-settlement-imminent.html

There are a couple of letters you can copy and edit and use for yourself in the early stages of your claim, they cover all the angles and some excuses barclays use to delay your claim.

Good Luck

Rebel

• Confused 1

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

Just a quick note, I was charged the standard £30 fee last week for going £18 over my £250 limit. I rang Barclays to complain and have just received a letter this morning saying that as a "gesture of goodwill" and "as my account has been run satisfactorily for 6 months" they will refund the £30 to my account.

How nice - don't you think????!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone advise please? I sent off the the first letter at the end of June requesting copy statements and a few days later received the normal standard response about manual intervention etc.

However I still haven't received any statements and have just gone over the 40 days - Do I send another letter reminding them or just hang on in there?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I sent my prelim letter on 16th August claiming £1,055 in charges. I received a letter today saying sorry you are unhappy etc, etc along with a leaflet explaining complaints procedure.

In the letter from Barclays they say they will be in contact with me before the 14th September. Do I stick to the 14 day deadline i quoted in my prelim letter and send them another letter when this has expired?

Thanks in advance