Pc World 4 New Pcs All Broke! Help

pomeranian
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is the only way I can think of to get a response from pc world directors, as their customer services have not been able to resolve my problem.I have asked to speak with [EDIT] the Director but the furthest I have got is Team leaders in their sheffield office, my story I wanted to replace my pc, went to pc world bought brand new one cash, phoned sky to have an engineer come and install my broadband and my new tv ( dixons, phillips 42 inch)

1st pc advent mother board broke

2nd pc packard bell sounded like it had a lung disease.(re furbished i think) made terrible noises and ps tech guys told me re install the whole thing, no I took it back to store

3rd pc packard bell again kept crashing

all the above pcs were checked by the " tech guys" all confirmed faulty

4th pc pakard bell " worked" wow!! called sky to re install broadband,he said great you got one that works, I said yipee, he said hey theres no sound. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PHONED TECH GUYS, WE DID CHECKS ...RESULT ANOTHER PC FAULTY

here are the folks ive spoke to already and got nowhere, [EDIT]

ALL I WANT IS A PC THAT WORKS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN CONTACT THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF PC WORLD AS I THINK HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

WHEN I LOgGED ONTO GOOGLE AND CLICKED PC WORLD COMPLAINTS THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM, it seems im not alone, and folks are getting the same treatment, they never get called back!

if your buying a oc this christmas ask santa to shop somewhere else

Depending on the timescales involved, you would be much better off rescinding the contract and getting your money back. Also contact Trading Standards, as PC World are supposed to be making an extra special effort to get somewhere near to complying with the law. we can only hope.

Am I missing something? PC World have sold a faulty product and agreed to replace it each time.

I'm not trying to defend PC World here because 4 faulty PCs is fairly shoddy, but where have they refused to try and remedy the issue?

What are you trying to achieve and what is it that PC World are doing to prevent you from getting a new PC? One of the reasons I ask is that I know the people who you refer to. Personally, I don't think it's fair to mention their names in a derogatory way and not say what they have refused to do, but that's my opinion. However, I do know that at least 3 of the names mentioned would have done everything they could to assist. So forgive me for believing that there is more to this than you are making out.

They have acted it seems within the law. If you're not happy shop with your feet and go elsewhere.

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

Apart from the broken motherboard, all the faults on the subsequent P.C's were minor, and very easily fixed at very little or no cost.For example.PC 4 with no sound, would just need checking to see if it is enabled in the BIOS if on board sound is used, and if an external sound card is fitted, just replacing this at a cost of from £8. I cannot understand why the PC tech guys did not do this,or attempt to sort the problems on earlier computers.I don't think we have been told the whole story.

Hmmm it seems I am in a minority in this. But this is my view.

The OP has handed good money in return for a goods. Those goods failed and 3 times the seller has replaced those goods with more faulty goods.

It is pleasing to see that they are not, as indeed they shouldn't do anyway, putting up a fight or making people resort to threats of legal action, but at the end of the day, PC World have x amount of money and have not provided the OP with goods that conform with the contract.

Replacing faulty goods with more faulty goods, never mind three times over, although well intentioned, is adequate to show that some other remedy is required, and that in my view should be a refund.

Hmmm it seems I am in a minority in this. But this is my view.

The OP has handed good money in return for a goods. Those goods failed and 3 times the seller has replaced those goods with more faulty goods.

It is pleasing to see that they are not, as indeed they shouldn't do anyway, putting up a fight or making people resort to threats of legal action, but at the end of the day, PC World have x amount of money and have not provided the OP with goods that conform with the contract.

Replacing faulty goods with more faulty goods, never mind three times over, although well intentioned, is adequate to show that some other remedy is required, and that in my view should be a refund.

Agreed it is right and proper that a refund should be offered.However the odds against receiving FOUR faulty computers of two different makes one after the other are rather high.If this is true, the O.P should do the National Lottery.:rolleyes:

Agreed it is right and proper that a refund should be offered.However the odds against receiving FOUR faulty computers of two different makes one after the other are rather high.If this is true, the O.P should do the National Lottery.:rolleyes:

Or have his/her power sockets checked out.