• Tweets

• Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
    • As the electric carmaker sees sales fall and cuts jobs, we take a closer look at its problems.View the full article
    • Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this? Every day is a school day.
    • Hi Guys, well a year on and my friend has just received this in the post today, obviously a little scared so looking for more of your advice.  Letter from the NCC dated 1-May-2024 is as follows.......   Before deputy district judge Haythorne sitting at the national business centre, 4th floor st Kathrine's house Northampton Upon reading an application from the claimant  it is ordered that  1. The claim be sent to the county court at #### (Friends local Court) Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed.  A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this order.  If the application is one which requires a hearing, and a) the party making the application is the defendant: and b) the defendant is an individual, then upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the defendants home court.  In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.    As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

BPM Ground Services / Credit Resource Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ill say this again, if someone parked on your drive would you be happy about it?? would you allow them to do it, if it was obstructive of course you wouldnt. its private land, they own the land and they are letting you park on it free of charge... unless you abuse it.

stores such as B&Q, Wickes, Sainsburys and Halfords dont have to provide you with car parks but you would be more than ****ed off if they didnt have one!! Fines are given out to prevent unwanted behaviour within car parks

i would like someone to answer my first question yet which everybody who has responded has failed to do

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why not. a lot less out of town retail centres would be a blessing to communities everywhere, lower pollution, rejunevate city centres and small businesses. great idea, I support it. For the non retail park car parks - as I assume you include them as well - just one word solves their problem. Barriers. And your idea gets rid of the PPCs as well !!! You may have been misjudged.

morrisminer you should read my posts on other threads. In a lot of cases the stores you refer to don't actually own or provide car parks these belong to the LANDLORD or LAND OWNER and where they are sited in a retail park with several stores the shops have no right to employ PPCs to manage the car parks. At least two of the stores you mention I know for a fact rarely if ever are anything other than a tenant in which case any PPC working for them is committing trespass and acting illegally.

ill say this again, if someone parked on your drive would you be happy about it?? would you allow them to do it, if it was obstructive of course you wouldnt. its private land, they own the land and they are letting you park on it free of charge... unless you abuse it.

stores such as B&Q, Wickes, Sainsburys and Halfords dont have to provide you with car parks but you would be more than ****ed off if they didnt have one!! Fines are given out to prevent unwanted behaviour within car parks

i would like someone to answer my first question yet which everybody who has responded has failed to do

We only advise in relation to the law, and your lack of understanding of it is highlighted as soon as you started talking about 'fines' and 'unwanted behaviour'.

Nobody here is going to advise paying an invoice they are under no obligation to under law, just because they 'deserve it'.

We only advise in relation to the law, and your lack of understanding of it is highlighted as soon as you started talking about 'fines' and 'unwanted behaviour'.

Nobody here is going to advise paying an invoice they are under no obligation to under law, just because they 'deserve it'.

ok so fines are stopped then. and theres an incident at a store, unfortunately the emergency services cant get there because some idiot has parked his car in the wrong place. no rules and regullations, and penaltys for breaking these rules, will mean selfish people take advantage of the service.

right so you agree with me that people deserve it then? but you still wont pay

unbelievable... im not replying to you again.

exposing yourself as the criminal you really are here?

Please explain how somebody inviting you to park on their drive exposes them as a criminal?

You can park on my drive any time you like, provided you don't overstay your welcome, (5 min's) after that you would owe me £1000 reduced to £500 if payed within 5 days. Hey my drive my rules, or laws as you would have us believe.:p

Please explain how somebody inviting you to park on their drive exposes them as a criminal?

You can park on my drive any time you like, provided you don't overstay your welcome, (5 min's) after that you would owe me £1000 reduced to £500 if payed within 5 days. Hey my drive my rules, or laws as you would have us believe.:p

its what was implied... dont act stupid.

there we go then... my question has been answered!

Exactly so. And I didn't even say it would be my drive...which is a shame as I have one of those /sinks into the ground/car lift/secure storage things (no trade names to upset the Mods). Morris - you still interested ?

Exactly so. And I didn't even say it would be my drive...which is a shame as I have one of those /sinks into the ground/car lift/secure storage things (no trade names to upset the Mods). Morris - you still interested ?

i dont ever recall being interested

Thank you Morris Miner for advising me that I, in common with most of the people on this forum, suffer from cowardice.

Unfortunately you don't know enough about me - nor perhaps many others on this forum to have earned the right to pass any opinion about any of us, let alone of our individual characters.

One small aspect to my character which I can be pretty certain you knew nothing about, is that I have been credited with not suffering fools easily. To slightly expand on that - if I have lost respect in somebody, then frankly anything they say or do after that is of no interest to me.

Other than to suggest that you desist from using bad grammar gained from the 'How to speak English gooder school', I have absolutely no further interest in you.

Good day to you Sir.

its a question of principle

Exactly!

The principle being you think you can illegally charge people exorbitant amounts of money and if they don't you send threatening letters about court, CCj's, etc to frighten them into paying!

What sticks in your claw is the fact people have caught on to the illegal tactics and illegal amounts charged by your company and others, and are making a stand against it. The law is there to protect people against your kind and you just don’t like it.

Exactly!

The principle being you think you can illegally charge people exorbitant amounts of money and if they don't you send threatening letters about court, CCj's, etc to frighten them into paying!

What sticks in your claw is the fact people have caught on to the illegal tactics and illegal amounts charged by your company and others, and are making a stand against it. The law is there to protect people against your kind and you just don’t like it.

My company - i dont have a company you ignoramus nor am i a debt collector, i already said that, Can you not read?

and the law is in favour of the dole dosser, and the rule breakers atm. the principle i was referring, to if you look at the post above, is the one where you accept you done wrong but cant accept the consequences

Edited by Morris miner

Thank you Morris Miner for advising me that I, in common with most of the people on this forum, suffer from cowardice.

Unfortunately you don't know enough about me - nor perhaps many others on this forum to have earned the right to pass any opinion about any of us, let alone of our individual characters.

One small aspect to my character which I can be pretty certain you knew nothing about, is that I have been credited with not suffering fools easily. To slightly expand on that - if I have lost respect in somebody, then frankly anything they say or do after that is of no interest to me.

Other than to suggest that you desist from using bad grammar gained from the 'How to speak English gooder school', I have absolutely no further interest in you.

Good day to you Sir.

thinks i care?

:)

get back to oxford...

Instead of sending CRS a letter i thought it would be better if i spoke to them on the phone. So, I rung CRS and after 15 minutes debating i agreed reluctantly to pay the £25 for the proof and copy of the ticket.They faxed a copy over to me and to my amazement after several hours of digging through paperwork i came across an outstanding issued by BPM. I then checked the bank account to see if i had paid the ticket when it was first issued and unfortunately for me i hadn't paid it. When i phoned CRS and explained i had found the unpaid ticket they were very understanding (surprisingly!!) and even offered to reduce the debt by £20suggestion maybe if you do owe the money and are wanting to pay you ask for a reduction in the price Glad it didnt go to court! any problems I'm happy to help:)

From our jalopy friend seven months ago. Admire the silken subtlety. CRS were very understanding as they took his money apparently. Biggest laugh I have had this week. Morris miner, my advice is leave CRS and go on the stage as a stand-up comedian, there is a great career ahead of you.

From our jalopy friend seven months ago. Admire the silken subtlety. CRS were very understanding as they took his money apparently. Biggest laugh I have had this week. Morris miner, my advice is leave CRS and go on the stage as a stand-up comedian, there is a great career ahead of you.

and my advice to you is to pay your debts :).... carry on telling me its not legitimate though, im really enjoying winding you lot up

and the debt collector thing is really beginning to bore me now. how many times do i need to say?

:|

your like everyone else on here fridge door, you read the bits you like and miss out the bits you dont

My company - i dont have a company you ignoramus nor am i a debt collector, i already said that, Can you not read?

Oh yes I can read, AND spell which it seem's you can't. We have so many trolls come on here sprouting the same tripe that it becomes apparent quite quickly who they are.

The law is not in favour of the dole dosser (and if you were trying to imply something I suggest you cease to do so in any further posts), if anything it is in favour of those who have wealth behind them.

Or is that the problem?, we are stopping your type from getting into that exclusive group where you will be able to operate with impunity?