How does the court thing work re charges

1stlifeline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a friend who has had to give up her business before her 1 month lease ran out. She told the landlord she was not taking enough money to cover the rent on her retail unit which was only £99 a month and gave him notice. However he is holding her to the last 4 months rent which she cant afford as she is now on benefits. She had also found someone else to take over the lease but because they wanted to sell similar items to a stall hol;der already in the building he would not allow her to take over the lease. Last month he sent her a court summons for the months rent which she borrowed and paid before the court date. This month he has sent the same again but this time she cant borrow the cash and so will have to make an offer. There is a court cost of 30 pounds added to the monthly sum. The court forms have to be filled in and then sent back to the landlord with an offer of payment. If its not acceptable to him then he says he will persue the court action. Will there be lots of court fees added if this is the case. How much will it cost him to actually bring the case to court? She has 3 more months still to pay and he says he will summons her every month.

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

we would need to see the contract before we could really help, however I would suggest calling business debt line (a free service) for some help and/or going to citizens advice, and getting their list of soliciters for a 10 minute free consultation.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.