Wescott and Moorcroft

reduk054
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A pudding or mistletoe for the laydeees? :p

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Yep two WORKING days after postage.

The reason why CCA's are sent recorded is to ensure there is hard evidence of service of the request.

Ps Orangutans don't do Christmas hats, clashes with the hair plus they tend to get lost in L-space ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Sooooorrrrry orangutang, not monkey! I guess whether posted with or without proof of delivery, my friend will have to sit tight for a week. These were not CCA requests, just "bog off I have paid, and where is the proof letters!"

Regardless, still need to keep on top of what is occuring with either DCA. And needs a letter to Argos as well who have instructed Wescot due to Moorcrofts mistake of not informing of the F&F settlement.

Could be sticky, but the CCA request to Wescot will be next letter down the line to keep the trolls under the bridge!

Red

Hopeful1 you need an avatar! My mind boggles as to what you would put up!

Mistletoe & CB's monkey, at least I would be kissing someone who has more facial hair than me - just LOL :o

The images in my head are now very wrong Red :o :D

Any suggestions for an Avatar?

Something christmassy would be nice :) . I can give you an avatar if you want.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi, this feels like the morning after the night before, did I really admit to having nearly as much hair as an orangutang :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Any way the letters will be deemed as being received today.....and of course will keep you posted!

Hopeful1 - take up Rory's offer!!!

Red x

Something christmassy would be nice :) . I can give you an avatar if you want.

I would love to take up your offer to 'give me an avatar' (:o :D )

I will trust you not to put anything rude or controversial under my name!

Thanks Rory x

AND RED...

...yes you did say those things - i had nightmares last night!

Ps Orangutans don't do Christmas hats, clashes with the hair plus they tend to get lost in L-space ;)

I thought that you were a monkey too.

At least that means you couldn't be trained to work in a DCA callcentre!:D

Grumpy

• 1 month later...

A little update: I sent the following letter for my friend and she received a response from Wescot

Account in dispute

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by me.

I would point out that we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Wescot. I am familiar with the ‘Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance’ which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using unfair methods.

Furthermore, disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation within 14 days that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

She has now received a response stating that Wescot do not think that she is the person whom they are supposed to be chasing for the debt. This has concerned her as she is the correct person. I find this slightly bemusing, as is this Wescot admitting defeat? She has not responded, and wondered what if any the next move should be?!

Ok CB, you win, but my count so far is (for me, family and friends):

Blair Oliver and Scott

Mercers

ARC

RMA

1st Credit

Robinson Way & Co

Buchannan Clarke Wells

Wescot

Debt Managers of Edinburgh

Moorcroft

Moorcroft have decided not to play ball in the fair sense, but hey what do we expect from DCAs eh? They agree that they have received their full and final settlement, however this does not prevent any further oustanding amount being chased. Oh my silly friend not getting anything in writing! Mind you, she would still be waiting even if she had requested a F&F in writing IMO!

I was considering a complaint to OFT on this one, however, with out any correspondance to back up up my friends claim, I think that there is no leg to stand on!

Any how, will carry on with the Wescott (two t's or 1 t?) story line, as and when I get updated!

Red