Help with DCA requested signed credit agreement

rayday2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies this will be my first post and probably huge! But someone said that people on here could probably help me.

I am in a self managed DMP which is going well, everyone has suspended interest and its been about 18 months now.

I had a catalogue with abound which went to one DCA and then onto Intrum Justita who I have paid for about a year or so. Out of the blue I got a letter from another DCA SRJ if my memory is correct and was confused so I requested to both companies them to send me a copy of my signed credit agreement, I also wrote a letter of complaint to abound for them setting two agencies onto me.

SRJ returned my cheque and said case closed - abound ignored me.

Intrum Justitia (who I had paid for a year) took the £1 as a payment towards account and sent me a letter moaning I had missed payment -so on this occassion I rang them and they started shouting saying they didnt need to supply signed credit agreement. I put the phone down and wrote the letter you send to say they have defaulted.

I then got a letter from a named person at Intrum Justitia telling me they could not supply what I had requested so would under separate cover return the £1 cheque and I would not hear from them and to address all issues to Great Universal (not abound!) This letter was dated 14 November.

This week I recieved a letter from Irwin MIthcell solicitors saying they had been set on the case from Intrum Justitia acting for Abound and I had 7 days to pay or actions would take place. This letter was dated 22 November.

So after all that what do I do now? I never would have requested a signed credit agreement if they had not set two agencies on me and now I feel completely out of my depth - and to be honest if I did want to pay who do I pay make arrangements with now, although the ballsy side of me says its not fair and to fight but what should I do?

many thanks and apologies but if you could take the time to read it would be appreciated!

Throw this at them.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxx

Your Client : XXXX

I refer to your letter of xx/xx/2007, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by XX DCA XX on xx/xx. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by XXX DCA XX under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks for that!

Sorry a bit slow here am I right in thinking that Intrum DCA should not persist legal action but the original catalogue company could if they wanted to (although not heard from them at all!) so on this occassion that letter is OK to send to solicitors but what should I do about Intrum they still havent sent my £1 back either or should I keep quiet and let them sort of dig their own grave??

Irwin Mitchell are the favourite solicitors for Intrum Justitia. IJ probably sent them your details before they got cold feet & sent the case back to Great Universal/Abound (presumably GUS own Abound).

IJ use Irwin Mitchell to try to scare - IJ can't start proceedings if they don't own the debt - and they obviously don't, and they have already bailed out.

My son complained to IJ about them doing this.

Grumpy

Many thanks to the both of you, it is a big wait off my mind guess I just have to wait now see what GUS will do, abound I thought when I took them on were a littlewoods company but I think they are all one and the same now.