AS Securi-T - READ IF YOU HAVE A TICKET FROM THEM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She was not the driver but the letter accompanying the PCN says "since this is a civil matter it is decided in law that the registered keeper is vicariously responsible". There was a sign warning of cctv surveillance for parking offences. Having never dealt with a private company before, we wondered if this ticket is enforceable?

As lamma has said not one iota is enforceable.

There has been no decision in law that makes the keeper vicariously responsible. (They Wish!). What they are doing is misquoting the Road Traffic Act and the Traffic Management Act which makes the RK responsible for the any fines/penalties.

Now get this. You don't have a fine or Penalty Charge Notice. A private company cannot issue these. A court or otherwise statute authorised body can issue a fine and a council can issue a Penalty Charge Notice.

Arse T (and others) issue Parking Charge Notices and call them PCNs to try to fool people that they are valid. What they are in effect are invoices for an alleged breach of contract. What's more as it is a civil case they have to prove the case - they have to prove that a contract exists. They are writing to you as the RK not as the driver.

Have a read of the Private Parking Charges guide in the stickies section of the forum and also the template letters. The choice to respond or ignore is yours. You will be probably bombarded with bumf whatever you do.

In your situation I'd send a letter denying the debt and then ignore anything other than court papers.

BTW these guys usually don't take people to court and on the rare occassions they have, they've failed to show when faced with a properly mounted defense. (There are loads of people on these boards who will help in the extremely unlikely event that this ever comes to court.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info. What a great job you guys are doing. My wife and I were tempted to pay it, even though it felt like we were being mugged. Now we've seen the support out there we're determined to fight it. I'll post updates as and when anything further happens.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can someone help me?

I parked in a church car park which was signed to say 'no parking without a permit'. I was popping to post something in the church on a bank holiday monday and there were no other cars in this car park. My parnter was driving my car not me, but i was in the passanger seat. I was gone about 3 mins and returned to a fine on my car. I looked everywhere for the parkng attendant, but they must have vanished within seconds!

The fine is for £118 which im not paying. Can they legally do this? Especially on a bank holiday when i thought all parking restrictions are not applied? Im not paying this firstly cause it was a bank holiday, secondly because of the sneaky way they were watching me, thirdly because £118 is obsene! And forthly because i was actually visiting the church?

Can you please help to advise me?

thanks alot

Hi,

Can someone help me?

I parked in a church car park which was signed to say 'no parking without a permit'. I was popping to post something in the church on a bank holiday monday and there were no other cars in this car park. My parnter was driving my car not me, but i was in the passanger seat. I was gone about 3 mins and returned to a fine on my car. I looked everywhere for the parkng attendant, but they must have vanished within seconds!

The fine is for £118 which im not paying. Can they legally do this? Especially on a bank holiday when i thought all parking restrictions are not applied? Im not paying this firstly cause it was a bank holiday, secondly because of the sneaky way they were watching me, thirdly because £118 is obsene! And forthly because i was actually visiting the church?

Can you please help to advise me?

thanks alot

a church car park - thats a first !

as long as its not a council ticket you and your money are quite safe.

I, and a suspect quite a few others, would love to see pictures of everything they stuck on your car. both sides of the invoice, a picture of the sticky envelope. everything. suitably washed of your personal details.

I smell a lot of potential illegality in this invoice.

I've just received another letter giving me 14 days notice and to pay £117.50 for the parking charge and £80.00 for the associated costs, totalling, £197.50!!! This letter is from RCS - Revenue Collection Services. They are demanding this otherwise they will take us to court.

I still believe its a [problem] but it was my parents car and they are concerned, what do we do?

Thanks and have kept the last 3 letters they have sent us. Its interesting this letter was from RCS who are trading under AS Securi-T! Checked on companies House and they exist under AS Securi-T!!

Still cant belive they are getting away with this!!!!

Revenue Collection Services.

This crowd really are beyond the pale!

Their in-house "debt collection agency" used to be called Inland Recovery but now that the Inland Revenue has been incorporated into HM Revenue and Customs, AS Securi-T have changed the name, presumably to avoid confusion :confused:.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've been reading this thread with interest for a while and thought I would share my experience of A S Securi-t LTD.

My wife received a letter in August after they obtained our details from the DVLA for a parking offence outside a row of shops in North Birmingham. The car was left unattended for no more than 5 minutes when she popped into a newsagent (3 shops along) to buy a drink.

We have ignored 2 letters from A S Securi-t demanding £176.25 and now have a letter from RCS (Ryan Carter) with an extra £80.00 added. The letter states:

"Unless the payment shown is received in full within 14 days of the date of this letter, representatives of RCS will be instructed to attend your premises to discuss the matter in persons and/or legal proceedings for the recovery thereof may be commenced without any further notice to you".

Has anyone been visited by them?

Thanks for all the advice so far!

Hi,

I have also been issued a parking fine from AS Secuti-T in Bristol. I parked on an empty carpark next to Staples just off the M32. I am a quality inspector and was attending a building site opposite. the streets are always understandably choccer-block with parked vehicles, and there is no easy accesible car-park (although ironically we are working on a new car park).

The ticket states that i have violated regulations 1 & 8

1 being unauthorised and illegally parked, and

8 being did not use car park providers premises and went elsewhere at the time of issue of the ticket.

The issuer obviously observed me leave the carpark, and then slapped the ticket on the screen. Although the ticket says i was on Staples carpark, i was actually parked at the opposite end of a shared carpark. The other unit on the site is closed down (i think it used to be a tile centre).

Yes there are signs up concerning parking but i did not think they would apply if the store is empty. Now i am being asked to pay £70.50 for parking on an unused carpark for 40 minutes. Is this legal?:mad:

Thanks for any advice

AS Securi-T are well known here - look at the size of this thread.

Easiest and best thing to do is do nothing.

Ignore them, do not engage, let them send their dross to you.

After a couple of letters from AS you will get letters from Revenue Collection Services, a pretend debt collection agency - actually AS Securi-T using different stationery. Make sure that you ignore these too.

The only complication is if you have a company or a lease car. You should inform the company that they are about to receive a bogus invoice which on no account should they pay.

Hi,

I have also been issued a parking fine from AS Secuti-T in Bristol. I parked on an empty carpark next to Staples just off the M32. I am a quality inspector and was attending a building site opposite. the streets are always understandably choccer-block with parked vehicles, and there is no easy accesible car-park (although ironically we are working on a new car park).

Poxy Cabot's Circus strikes again! The lack of parking in the centre of Bristol is well known and has been a problem since the devlopment of Cabot Circus started. Its just going to get worse (even with that new car park!) and the council are very unfriendly to motorists at the best of times. Still at least you are not dealing with a council ticket.

Now i am being asked to pay £70.50 for parking on an unused carpark for 40 minutes. Is this legal?:mad:

Thanks for any advice

As Barnsley Boy has said Arse-T are well known and ignoring them is the best policy.

If you need further information have a read of the PPC Charges guide in the stickies section. It will explain the "legality" of these charges.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a flat in Westcliff on Sea and recently the property management company (CountryWide property Management) have enlisted the help of Securi-T to reduce the problem of people working across the road from parking in our private carpark....

Although I have a valid permit, my problem is that I ride a motorcycle and there is nowhere to put it (although I know where I would like to stick it)... I have contacted the management company regarding this and they have advised me that my registration has been sent to Securi-T - no further action will be taken.... I received another ticket last night (21:50).

The worst thing is that the attendent (JD296) puts the PCN sticky on the petrol tank! not on the small visor bit (I have never noticed the PCNs on car doors / bonnets etc) - there is visible marking now on my motorcycle petrol tank....

So please, watch out..it is not even safe to park at your own residence without these buffoons causing trouble.

Edited by The_chap
Grammar check

Just found this great site but not to sure how to use it but here goes. My son received a PCN (parking charge notice) from A.S Securi T Ltd on 30/7/08 at 01 15 whilst visiting a friend in a private housing estate. There were no visible parking restriction signs no yellow lines in the immediate area but apparantly this area was designated as a turning area for emergency vehicles. Hence the ticket. IAW with small print i challenged the ticket within the alloted time frame and sent the letter by recorded delivery. We heard no more until last week when we received a letter saying the fine had not been paid and if they did not receive payment within so many days they would forward the file to their claims recovery department. To date they have not replied to my original letter contesting the vallidity of the PCN. They now want £117.50 instead of £88.13. From all the various comments on this thread can i just forget about this or do i write further letters.

Thanks in anticipation of some useful advice

£88.13 clearly shows it is a VATable item too (£75 plus VAT) What a way to add insult to injury, they want 75 quid and the government want a cut of £13.88 for the ADDED VALUE you have received by incurring this "invoice"!!

By ignoring you score on 2 counts, stuff the PPC and make sure the government don't profit by being party to this illegal [problem].

That's a WIN WIN in my book. :D