Benefit Cheats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good

:confused:

You're terrible.

Honestly, it influences meaning. Please at least try using full stops. And short sentences. As I do.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

James Plaskitt, MP, Housing Benefit and Anti-Fraud Minister

“Our investigators have more powers than ever before – if benefit fraud is suspected we can check bank statements, household bills and, if necessary, carry out surveillance. We are also using increasingly sophisticated methods in tracking suspected benefit thieves. The recent introduction of Voice Risk Analysis (VRA) technology is another weapon in the battle against benefit fraud.

“Members of the public also have a part to play. They regularly help to identify benefit cheats by reporting them to our national Benefit Fraud Hotline. Calls to the hotline show how strong public support for our fraud campaign is. During 2005/6, more than 200,000 calls were received.”

Punishments have got tougher – criminals can face jail and also have to repay any money stolen. Prosecutions have risen since 1997 from 12,000 to more than 52,000 in 2005/6. Benefit fraud investigators have strengthened powers, lie detectors are being trialled in benefit offices and a ‘No ifs, no buts’ campaign is intended to reinforce the message that fraud is a crime.

Is it working? A recent report by the National Audit Office (NAO) found that the government wrongly paid out £2.7bn on fraudulent and incorrect claims in 2005/6, prompting criticism that ministers have not yet got on top of the problem. The NAO confirmed some improvements had been made in tackling fraud, but that official errors are still a major concern.

its 3.41 am who is good at this time lmao:rolleyes:

LOL

Me. Always.

A serious point, IMO.

See - I can do it.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

James Plaskitt, MP, Housing Benefit and Anti-Fraud Minister

“Our investigators have more powers than ever before – if benefit fraud is suspected we can check bank statements, household bills and, if necessary, carry out surveillance. We are also using increasingly sophisticated methods in tracking suspected benefit thieves. The recent introduction of Voice Risk Analysis (VRA) technology is another weapon in the battle against benefit fraud.

“Members of the public also have a part to play. They regularly help to identify benefit cheats by reporting them to our national Benefit Fraud Hotline. Calls to the hotline show how strong public support for our fraud campaign is. During 2005/6, more than 200,000 calls were received.”

Punishments have got tougher – criminals can face jail and also have to repay any money stolen. Prosecutions have risen since 1997 from 12,000 to more than 52,000 in 2005/6. Benefit fraud investigators have strengthened powers, lie detectors are being trialled in benefit offices and a ‘No ifs, no buts’ campaign is intended to reinforce the message that fraud is a crime.

Is it working? A recent report by the National Audit Office (NAO) found that the government wrongly paid out £2.7bn on fraudulent and incorrect claims in 2005/6, prompting criticism that ministers have not yet got on top of the problem. The NAO confirmed some improvements had been made in tackling fraud, but that official errors are still a major concern.

Your point being? What has this to do with name and shame>?

Quite simple,information like this for people to read can help them with their decisions of should they name and shame or not.

200,000 calls as stated above, certainly means that their are a lot of people out there who ain't happy with these fraudsters.:)

Yes, and I always think majority opinion, specially of Daily Mail readers, is the way to go. I mean, why employ experts when we can ask the uninformed majority what they think?

Yes, and I always think majority opinion, specially of Daily Mail readers, is the way to go. I mean, why employ experts when we can ask the uninformed majority what they think?

My point exactly,that's why i started this thread;)

My point exactly,that's why i started this thread;)

What - you want to ask the UNINFORMED majority.

That would be stupid.

You can't mean that!

Nah, milky

I'd never accuse any member of CAG of being uninformed.

LOL

You're funny Milky. You take my jokes so literally.

Will you never get my sense of humour?

:D:p;)

Oh - and btw - can I just ask - are you a troll (please accept this as the joke mean it as)

Nah, you're too confusing. And I don't want to be accused of hijacking.

Oh - and btw - can I just ask - are you a troll
U could ask all U like, but whether U would accept an answer that doesn't fit your pre-conceived opinion, would make my reply irrelevant.

(please accept this as the joke mean it as)
I don't understand this quoted sentence of yours.

...Is it English??...:?

I don't understand this quoted sentence of yours.

...Is it English??...:?

Oh, it didn't quote back. English, but not grammatical.

Still, I'm sure you got the ellipsis.