• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

cca requests

Dav3yBoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have written to 4 of my creditors requesting CCA and agreements and these are what i have recieved back (my requests were sent on the 7th Nov)

CABOT FINANCIAL:-

We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77 and/or 78 of the consumer credit act.

The Cabot Financial Group is not obliged to provide this information but we are pleased to help and have already requested the documentation for you from the original lender.

We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 12 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits, we will write to you again.

Emma Robertson - customer relations manager

LINK FINANCIAL:-

You have recently made a request under section 77/78 for copies of various documents.

As you are aware LINK FINANCIAL purchased your account from NORTHERN ROCK on 29 June 2007 and as such we do not always hold this documentation. We have requested a copy of the agreement and the most recent terms and conditions your account was operated under from NORTHERN ROCK and look forward to sending this to you in the near future, however please be advised that this can take up to 30 days to provide.

No administration charge has been applied to your account at this time and therefore any payment made with your request has been applied to reduce you outstanding debt. However where cost is incurred by Link for the provision of any statements by the Vendor we will pass these charges to you.

Your account has been put on hold for the next 14 days for you to contact this office with further details as requested above.

End of letters.

What do i do? Do i leave it and wait for the 12 days + 30 if nothing happens?

And what is the request at the bottom of Links letter? What further details are requested above??

As i say, these are the letters word for word as i don't have a scanner.

Just noticed, These letters are sooooo generic and probably sent out saying the same thing.

When i sent the Link letter i forgot to put the cheque in it yet they don't mention anything about being able to charge for this info and therefor i need to send payment. Instead they assume that i have sent payment and have put it against my account..

I should say i sent a cheque for £30k :D

I would just sit tight until they default on the time limits then contact trading standards, also after 12 working days you are within your rights to withold any payments

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

The Cabot Financial Group is not obliged to provide this information

This is also not true, under s175 of the Act they, as agents on behalf of the original creditor have a duty to pass any said request on to the OC

regards,

shane

We have requested a copy of the agreement and the most recent terms and conditions your account was operated under from NORTHERN ROCK

They need to provide you with a copy of the T&c's applicable at the time you opened the account, especially if the agreement has been varied in any way, otherwise how can they show proof you gave consent to the variation. If they only send a copy of the most recent t&c's they have not satisfied their responsibilities under a s77-79 request and remain in default until they do

regards,

shane

I think i will just wait until they default.

They are obviously trying to cover their back sides but it isn't good enough.

I don't think they're trying to cover their backsides; they are deliberately trying to deceive and mislead. It is simply not credible that these organisations are not aware of their obligations under the law that regulates such fundamental aspects of their business.

Given that this grubby industry's trade association, the ridiculously pompous CSA, is clearly not inclined to ensure its members act correctly (they are far more concerned with promoting debt-collectors as 'contributors to the country', and criticising debtors who dare to use the law), perhaps the regulators ought to undertake a review of the industry practices, and take action to stop these companies lying and cheating.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cabot are hilarious,

They have sent me a statement. Thats it, a statement showing the debt.

Do they think this is all they have to supply?

Well, the 12 days is up so i am nopw counting down to the thirty days which will be 19th Dec

Not giving up on this

• 1 month later...

Happy new year everybody

Just an update and some help.

The deadline has passed for all my creditors that i requested CCA. The date was 19th December and i haven't heard anything from any of them apart from Cabot who sent me 2 statements of my account (which doesn't even resemble anything close to an original agreement)

I have left it until the new year to give an extra chance but nothing so can someone please point me to the appropriate letter informing the DCA that they have defaulted by law

All help greatly appreciated.

Dave

I would leave it until they request payment, or until they pass it to the next desk on the left. Then Complain.

It isn't your job to remind these people of the law, nor their obligations under it. Given that their whole industry is legislated by this single set of laws, I would have thought they should know it by heart.

Say Nowt, Do Nowt, let the clock keep on ticking. They already know they're in default, they already know their status, you don't need to remind them

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update...

I received my first acknowledgement from one of my creditors (albeit way past the time allowed) It says the following...

Dear Mr xxxx

Your request for information under the Consumer Credit Act

Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period. We have worked hard to obtain this information for you. (oh my heart bleeds)

However, the original lender has not yet been able to locate the relevant information from their archives.

You are of course entitled to request the information direct from the original lender.

Your Account

Cabot shall continue to hold any action on your account until further notice.

What happens next?

Although Cabot is dependant on the original lender for the information, the relevant time period has now expired. However, Cabot shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. We hope to receive the relevant information shortly.

Yours Sincerely

E Robertson

Now...

What do i do?

This letter is to me an almost cop out. When i have requested to speak to the original creditor i have been told that it is now the property of Cabot and they can do nothing. Yet Cabot are saying i should contact them???

Do i write back??

Help please

Dave

Sit back and relax, even if they did come up with a copy of the credit agreement that meets all the prescribed terms now they cannot enforce it (without having it made enforceable by a court)

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Link have come up with the credit agreement, although the time allowed expired in December 07.

What do i do now?

My plan is to write back stating that they broke the law by not providing it in time. Then making an offer of payment (monthly payment £50)