What liability, if any, do i have to the debts of an ex who no longer lives at my property?

tonycee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people, i have a couple of questions i hope you might be able to help me with.

What liability, if any, do i have to the debts of an ex who no longer lives at my property?.

They are not joint debts, and i have no forwarding address.

Can you point me to a, " Please go away " ( i have told you she dosent live here anymore ) letter, that i might be able to send them.

Many thanks..

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Just put them back in the post, return to sender no longer at this address. You shouldn't really be opening them, so sending a letter is admitting that you have.

Make sure she is off the electoral roll as well.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Just put them back in the post, return to sender no longer at this address.

And when this fails, and the adverse information affects my credit rating, at my address?.

You shouldn't really be opening them, so sending a letter is admitting that you have.

Yes, i understand that, but surely its better to know whats going on?

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Sorry Tony didn't mean it to sound as if I was being judgemental at you on the post opening thing, but AFAIK it is quite a serious offence under some royal mail law to open someones post (I blame Ronnie Biggs;) ).

Credit files don't go by addresses but by names and financial asssociations, so as long as you have no joint accounts etc your credit rating will be fine. Just as a caution check every 3 months or so, or just before you want to apply for credit.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Sorry Tony didn't mean it to sound as if I was being judgemental at you on the post opening thing,

Dont be sorry, it never even crossed my mind. All help is much appreciated.

Credit files don't go by addresses but by names and financial asssociations, so as long as you have no joint accounts etc your credit rating will be fine. Just as a caution check every 3 months or so, or just before you want to apply for credit.

Well thats new to me, i was allways under the impression that an address affected an application.

I shall put them back in the post box, whilst pretending im Elvis.

" RETURN TO SENDER "

Thank You

Dont be sorry, it never even crossed my mind. All help is much appreciated.

Well thats new to me, i was allways under the impression that an address affected an application.

It changed about 2 years or so ago

I shall put them back in the post box, whilst pretending im Elvis.

" RETURN TO SENDER "

Thats what we like a nice happy forum:)

Thank You

You are very welcome

Sorry Tony didn't mean it to sound as if I was being judgemental at you on the post opening thing, but AFAIK it is quite a serious offence under some royal mail law to open someones post (I blame Ronnie Biggs;) ).

It is a summary criminal offence persuant to the Postal Services Act 2000 to knowingly open or otherwise tamper with a mail packet addressed to another.

HTH :D

For the avoidance of doubt...

The CPS : Communications offences

Interference with mail - Postal Services Act 2000 Sections 83 and 84

The Postal Services Act 2000 sections 83 and 84, see Stones 8 - 24243 and 8 - 24244, create offences of interfering with mail. Section 83 is aimed at persons engaged in the business of a postal operator and creates an either way offence. Section 84 covers anybody and creates a summary only imprisonable offence. Both sections cover intentional delaying or opening of a postal packet and intentional opening of a mail bag.

Regards, Dave.

• dx100uk changed the title to What liability, if any, do i have to the debts of an ex who no longer lives at my property?