HSBC managed loan - letter

Dav3yBoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posting all over the show on here, am i really that bad with money??

Anyway,

Could someone please point me in the direction of the template letters, still trying to find my way around.

My wife was put on a managed loan last year by HSBC because of a £700 overdraft problem. It was incorporated into a loan she already had for about £18k i think.

It turns out after i looked at her accounts that she pays £200 a month towards this managed loan, however only £60 of that actually goes toward the loan amount, the rest is interest. Is this correct?

i am looking for a letter to send that will ask the bank to break the whole thing down to see if it is legal/ethical/logical etc

All help greatly appreciated

Dave

Unfortunately managed loans work like that. You pay a very small ammount off the debt when you first start payments. This eventually reverses so that i the end the majority of your payments come off the debt.

These are the worst kind of loan and if you calculate how much you will have to pay back I think you will be shocked.

I will try to find you some information on managed loans and I will post the links here for you later.

I have written to HSBC asking them for full info on the managed loan and the break down of the charges.

My wife will not break payments but i will continue sending them letters on how unfair it is until they listen.

Thanks for info and look forward to info you can find

Dave