Fuel Price Protests

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cost of producing Fuel (from a website)

Crude extraction 8p per litre

Refining 2p per litre

Transport to UK 2p per litre

Transport to pumps 2p per litre

UK Taxation 70-75p

UK Average price Now over £1.02 per litre (with profits added)

The Government recently had a windfall of over £3 Billion due to the soaring cost of a barrel of crude. This means, that fuel prices could have been slashed by up to 9p per litre. Did the Government do this? Did they hell ! Greed is what seems to fuel the people in power and this is what it is all about. GREED

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However as far as I understand you send off the form to pay the tax every month (in arrears), therefore you only pay the tax on the veg oil you've actually used. I would have to dig the information off the Govt. site to be totally certain.

Solution - if you happen to be caught, tell them that this is the first month that you are running on it, and the form with a cheque for the VAT is in the post!

Oh, and if you are running on veg, keep a check on your fuel filters...

--------------------------------------

YEs I know.........:)

and yes I do .......:)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Another fuel petition

Has every one signed the petition ???

Fuel price petition :-)

If it isn't supported then HM Gov will know we are all apathetic

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Yesterday I was down in Co. Donegal to visit my girlfriends family. The filling station I stopped at had pumps marked in sterling as well as euro's. I got 33.75 litres for £30 @88.9 as opposed to 107/108 up here.

The one thing I can't understand, if any of you can explain it, is. down south diesel is cheaper than petrol whereas up here it's the other way around. The only reason I can think of is the duty charged on it.:confused:. These price rises seem to be happening almost daily so we need to do something soon. We have to bear in mind there are other factors causing the price to rise, but the government has to take the blame for it being so high in the first place.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Back in 97 (ish) the current government stated that they would always maintain the cost of diesel at least 10p a litre lower than petrol. At the same time the auto industry and us (the consumer) were encouraged to develop / buy into diesel fuelled vehicles.

Call me a cynic, but now a lot of us are using diesel vehicles. . .the price ratio has changed. . .

Furthermore, diesel hydrocarbons have a higher carcinogenic value than petrol emmissions. . .

Where there's a will, there is a way! We have the will and we will always find a way!

red007lion

concerning veg oil, my understanding is that if you are a producer of less than 2500 litres a year, then inland revenue are not intrested, and producers below that level have been asked to deregister.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/si/2007-1640-em.pdf

HM Revenue & Customs: Revenue & Customs Brief 37/07

I received this e-mail today about a fuel protest:-

Dear there,

Last week I was informed that a group called Transaction 2007 had plans this weekend to release a statement announcing some kind of protest action relating to the price of fuel in the UK. I have just read a statement published on their web site in which they have confirmed that they are going to organise legal protest action, and that it could begin as early as this Wednesday.

I have got more on the PetrolPrices.com blog about this:

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/petrol-price-protests-planned-for-this-wednesday-86.html

We will of course be following the story as it unfolds next week to keep you informed. If you want to express your opinion about the plans you can do so on our blog, as always, by leaving your comments and voting in our polls.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Yep, it really is time to stop sitting on our hands and have a go at making our voices heard.Of course they (the government) are unlikely to listen. . .but, you don't ask you don't get!

We could of course strike back at the "big boys" by setting up our own buying group? It wouldn't have to be limited to anything in particular. . .legal services, insurance, etc.

I have seen mention of a credit union as well. . .anybody know if there has been any progress?

:D

Where there's a will, there is a way! We have the will and we will always find a way!

red007lion

• 1 month later...

So what's the story so far. I have heard nothing on the news so far about any protests.

So far, it is 106.9 for unleaded and 113.9 for deisel round here. Just across the border it works out at 89.9 for unleaded' Quite a difference over a tank full.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

So what's the story so far. I have heard nothing on the news so far about any protests.

So far, it is 106.9 for unleaded and 113.9 for deisel round here. Just across the border it works out at 89.9 for unleaded' Quite a difference over a tank full.

it happened very quietly....they chose one of the coldest days of the year to protest and not many people turned up.....:(

they need to organise protests when the weather is a little better and to publicise it more

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

transaction2007 had a small protest. mid last month

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 1 month later...

This thread should be moved to the campaign section and stickied.

Maybe we can find media attention.

I no there are allot of people annoyed about this subject as they attend the councilor surgery regularly. Ponteland/Newcastle

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

------------------------------- Unleaded Diesel ----LRP -----Super ----LPG

The Highest price in this area:----106.9p---112.9p---108.9p---119.9p--47.9p

The Average price in this area:---104.3p---10.4p----108.9p----111.8p--47.9p

The Lowest price in this area:----100.9p-- 107.9p---108.9p---106.9p---47.9p

Please support the fuel protest in Dover 3rd 4th 5th of May in the campaign section. If you can come along please register your support.

Glad to see someone has reawakened this thread again.

Does anyone have any idea why the price of diesel has went up while petrol has remained unchanged. For example; the local BP station was 107.9 for petrol 113.9 for diesel. Now it is 107.9 - petrol, 116.9 - diesel. I also heard that retailers are charged the same price for fuel. If this is true, how can one part of the country charge more than another?

Paid in full in March 07

Glad to see someone has reawakened this thread again.

Does anyone have any idea why the price of diesel has went up while petrol has remained unchanged. For example; the local BP station was 107.9 for petrol 113.9 for diesel. Now it is 107.9 - petrol, 116.9 - diesel. I also heard that retailers are charged the same price for fuel. If this is true, how can one part of the country charge more than another?

Yes. I have a pretty decent idea. It's because this government cannot be taken at their word. Everything they say is a facade for lining their own pockets.

The diesel v petrol argument is barely the tip of the iceberg.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

what if we made the ladies give up there bra's?

I thought being silly was the topic you were promoting.

This is no joke you no the true stealth tax is on fuel don't ya?

If sun flour fuels go through the roof they cant use the same argument

A little off subject . Here is an alternative.

Run your car off water.