• Tweets

• that was a good saving on an £8k debt dx
    • Find out how the UK general elections works, how to register to vote, and what to do on voting day.View the full article
    • "We suffer more in imagination than in reality" - really pleased this all happened. Settled by TO, full amount save as to costs and without interest claimed. I consider this a success but feel free to move this thread to wherever it's appropriate. I say it's a success because when I started this journey I was in a position of looking to pay interest on all these accounts, allowing them to default stopped that and so even though I am paying the full amount, it is without a doubt reduced from my position 3 years ago and I feel knowing this outcome was possible, happy to gotten this far, defended myself in person and left with a loan with terms I could only dream of, written into law as interest free! I will make better decisions in the future on other accounts, knowing key stages of this whole process. We had the opportunity to speak in court, Judge (feels like just before a ruling) was clear in such that he 'had all the relevant paperwork to make a judgement'. He wasn't pleased I hadn't settled before Court.. but then stated due to WS and verbal arguments on why I haven't settled, from my WS conclusion as follows: "11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. "  He offered to stand down the case to give us chance to settle and that that was for my benefit specifically - their Sols didn't want to, he asked me whether I wanted to proceed to judgement or be given the opportunity to settle. Naturally, I snapped his hand off and we entered negotiations (took about 45 minutes). He added I should get legal advice for matters such as these. They were unwilling to agree to a TO unless it was full amount claimed, plus costs, plus interest. Which I rejected as I felt that was unfair in light of the circumstances and the judges comments, I then countered with full amount minus all costs and interest over 84 months. They accepted that. I believe the Judge wouldn't have been happy if they didn't accept a payment plan for the full amount, at this late stage. The judge was very impressed by my articulate defence and WS (Thanks CAG!) he respected that I was wiling to engage with the process but commented only I  can know whether this debt is mine, but stated that Civil cases were based on balance of probabilities, not without shadow of a doubt, and all he needs to determine is whether the account existed. Verbal arguments aside; he has enough evidence in paperwork for that. He clarified that a copy of a DN and NOA is sufficient proof based on balance of probabilities that they were served. I still disagree, but hey, I'm just me.. It's definitely not strict proof as basically I have to prove the negative (I didn't receive them/they were not served), which is impossible. Overall, a great result I think! BT  
    • Seeking further advice now. The 33 days in which the defendant has to submit a defence expires at 16:00 tomorrow. The defendant has submitted an acknowledgement of service but looking to get the claim awarded by default in failure to submit the defence. This is MoneyClaim Online and can see an option to request a default judgement but believe that is for failure to acknowledge the claim within 14 days??  So being MoneyClaim Online, how do I request the claim be awarded in my favour?
    • Have to agree with the above Health and safety legislation is specific in that the service provider in so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees and those not in the employ of the business. You claim is like saying you slipped in the swimming pool area while taking a dip. As rightly stated by by the leisure centre, a sports hall has dedicated equipment and you yourself personally have a legal obligation in mitigating danger or injury to yourself by taking account of your immediate surroundings. Where your claim will fail is if it is reasonable and proportionate to impose liability of the Leisure Centre? The answer has to be no.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,i was wondering if you could give me some advice?.

I got a ticket this morning from excell.grrr

I went into a local supermarket carpark that is run by excell.ive been using the carpark for years and always paid for my parking but for the past few months the machine has been out of order so you get to the point where you get past checking because it never works.today there was as usual a sign on saying out of order but i must admit i didnt read the rest of it which said use other machine. I WAS JUST COMING BACK TO THE CAR WHEN I SAW THE LITTLE HITLER WRITING A TICKET. I SHOUTED TO HIM `I`M HERE` HE SAID` I`M ALREADY WRITING IT I`VE GIVEN YOU OVER HALF AN HOUR(32MINS).HE THEN HANDED IT TO ME AND PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THE APPEAL PROCEDURE.I MUST ADMIT WHEN I GOT INTO MY CAR I SAT AND CRIED WHEN I SAW THE AMMOUNT (£60 THATS OBSCENE!!!).I SHOP THERE ANYWAY BECAUSE I`M ON A SMALL SHOPPING BUDGET.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO NEXT DO I PLEAD WITH THIER HUMAN SIDE OR AM I DESTINED TO BE £60 LIGHTER.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... DO I PLEAD WITH THIER HUMAN SIDE OR AM I DESTINED TO BE £60 LIGHTER.

Neither.

Excel's "ticket" is just unenforceable toilet paper - read all the squillions of threads on here and you'll soon realise that.

The "appeal" process consists of you sending a letter, which some shaven-headed chimp in a portakabin laughs at, then writes back saying "appeal rejected, now pay up".

Ignore all their ridiculous threats, never contact them, never pay them a penny.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO NEXT DO I PLEAD WITH THIER HUMAN SIDE OR AM I DESTINED TO BE £60 LIGHTER.

DON'T plead with them, don't appeal to them or contact them by phone, post, email, carrier pigeon or anything else. Ignore all their letters and DO NOT PAY! It is a [problem]. Read all the threads on here about Excel and other PPCs and you will understand that if you ignore all their rubbish letters they eventually go away.

Oh, and they don't have a human side. They are pond dwelling low life ****!

PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THE APPEAL PROCEDURE.

That wouldn't haven't taken very long, there isn't one.

I MUST ADMIT WHEN I GOT INTO MY CAR I SAT AND CRIED WHEN I SAW THE AMMOUNT (£60 THATS OBSCENE!!!)

I used to laugh knowing that it was going to cost them money and not me.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO NEXT

Yes, very easy, just ignore all the free toilet paper they will send you through the post, or if your budget is really tight, use it as suggested.

DO I PLEAD WITH THIER HUMAN SIDE

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OR AM I DESTINED TO BE £60 LIGHTER.

Not if you follow the advice on this forum, it will be the [problematic] who lose money.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

maybe we should start a thread with the "supposed names" of those people writing the letters ?

can a ficticious name send a legal letter .. and so what if they're real, let them take the shame - move on get a life, get a proper job help others.

Like me - I was trying to make things better for man kinds health when they decided to identify me for over stopping 10 mins even though their nearest machine was broken !

If they are only patrolling a car park for someone else , complain to the owners about excel.

Draw attention to notes like cars parked at owners risk. Use comments like "yes, but only if all bays are clearly marked and of identical size, you have different size bays divided up by lines you have drawn, you are responsible or better still accountable !" - go round with a tape measure and note pad, tell the manager what you're doing and why - you're taking up the fight against these so called partners of theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdo, just thought i'd update you on the latest shenanigans from Excel - i now have received the dreaded FINAL DEMAND NOTICE that most people on this thread seem to have encountered.

Time to put on the helmet and expect the brute force of Excel coming knocking at my door - seems a lot of hassle for a measly £100.00:p.

But will heed the advice of the wise old sages on this thread and sit tight.

Will keep you posted:)

PS: Did anyone see that news article last week regarding excessive parking charges?

In the very remote chance that they do come knocking on your door, just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar. They are just private citizens with no special powers. They are not bailiffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've recently been issued a fine off excel.

I drove through their car park in Chorlton Manchester on 2 seperate occasions on the same day.

The event took place like this...

Drove into entrance "A" and out of entrance "B" within a minute. And then around 20 mins later drove back through entrance "B" and out of entrance "A". I was on the car park for less than a minute both times and now they have sent me their pictures of just the entrance "A" camera saying that i was on the car park for 20 mins and that i owe them £60?!?!?

I wrote to them explaining the situation and they just said they had gone back over their camera footage and could confirm that i was on the car park for 20 mins. I said that it was not true and told them to please send me the video footage of both entrances so i could point out my car entering and leaving the car park as i stated. They said that the cameras are only capable of taking still images and just send me bigger prints of the images!?! They then asked for documentation displaying proof that the car was not on their car park for 20 mins. I responded saying "what kind of proof do you think someone in my situation could have" i also stated that i had a witness.

They have said they will no longer accept any more appeals and that i must pay the fine.

What should i do? Should i just ignore the further letters? Should i pay the fine? Should i send them any further correspondence?

The bottom line is that what they are accusing me of is simply not true!

Please help.

Thank you

Clifftw

P.s. there are no barriers at either entrance so it's very easy to just drive through.

For a start it's not a "fine" (only the police , the courts and councils can issue them), it's an unenforceable invoice . Excel are just a private company with no more power than you or me to demand such payments.

From now on do not contact the company again and ignore any correspondence from them. This case is no different to the many other private parking tickets featured on this forum. Just hold firm and they will eventually lose interest in you.

Edited by DBC

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've recently been issued a fine off excel.

It is not a fine, more a begging letter.

I drove through their car park in Chorlton Manchester on 2 seperate occasions on the same day.

The event took place like this...

Drove into entrance "A" and out of entrance "B" within a minute. And then around 20 mins later drove back through entrance "B" and out of entrance "A". I was on the car park for less than a minute both times and now they have sent me their pictures of just the entrance "A" camera saying that i was on the car park for 20 mins and that i owe them £60?!?!?

In their dreams.

I wrote to them explaining the situation and they just said they had gone back over their camera footage and could confirm that i was on the car park for 20 mins.

So what, does that mean you now owe them £60? Of course not it is all rubbish.

I said that it was not true and told them to please send me the video footage of both entrances so i could point out my car entering and leaving the car park as i stated.

You are taking them far too seriously, it does not really matter what you did it still does not equal £60.

They said that the cameras are only capable of taking still images and just send me bigger prints of the images!?! They then asked for documentation displaying proof that the car was not on their car park for 20 mins. I responded saying "what kind of proof do you think someone in my situation could have" i also stated that i had a witness.

Proof, witnesses, WTF is going on, you do realise you are dealing with a bunch of [problematic] with no more credibility than Nigerian email [problematic]. STOP giving them the credibility they crave.

They have said they will no longer accept any more appeals and that i must pay the fine.

They don't do appeals anyway so you have lost nothing there.

What should i do? Should i just ignore the further letters?

Yes.

Should i pay the fine?

No.

Should i send them any further correspondence?

NO.

The bottom line is that what they are accusing me of is simply not true!

There you go taking them seriously again, forget it and ignore them.

Please help.

Thank you

Clifftw

P.s. there are no barriers at either entrance so it's very easy to just drive through.

Makes no difference.

regards

Hi my wife has now also fell foul of the dreaded excel invoice.She paid for 2 hours but ran over by around 25 mins .We have the £60 letter now .So no real excuses just a feeling £60 is a bit over the top ! having read the threads saying ignore the letters etc unsure now where we stand as technically we don't have a leg to stand! if like some of the other people on here we had a valid excuse i definately wouldn't be paying up just wondered what others thought should i pay or should i just ignore?

Penfield,

Its a tough one, but if you feel that £60 is a reasonable amount for the 25mins you ran over then pay for it, otherwise if you feel like the rest of us then just ignore the letter and make them work for their money.

It wouldn't have mattered even if you where stood right behind the guy dishing out the ticket at the time.

Hi my wife has now also fell foul of the dreaded excel invoice.She paid for 2 hours but ran over by around 25 mins .We have the £60 letter now .So no real excuses just a feeling £60 is a bit over the top ! having read the threads saying ignore the letters etc unsure now where we stand as technically we don't have a leg to stand! if like some of the other people on here we had a valid excuse i definately wouldn't be paying up just wondered what others thought should i pay or should i just ignore?

You have more legs to stand on than a centipede. You don't owe them anything except technically for those 25 minutes which is less than half of what you would pay for an hour's parking. Anything over that amount would be deemed an unfair penalty. This is why private parking companies (especially Excel) never go to court. So just ignore and don't contact them again.

Hello

I parked at an excel car park last week. I bought a ticket for the whole day and displayed it not very well. When I came back I had a ticket, because I had not displayed it properly. This was true as it was lieing on the floor.

However I had bought a ticket for the whole day and the ticket confirms the time I had bought the ticket. I stated this in my appeal but they unreasoonably rejected it, saying that I had failed to display it properly.

Do they have a case at all? Should I pay or just ignore it? I know the advice says that private notices are unenforceable but I want to check my circumstances.

Many thanks

Hello

I parked at an excel car park last week. I bought a ticket for the whole day and displayed it not very well. When I came back I had a ticket, because I had not displayed it properly. This was true as it was lieing on the floor.

However I had bought a ticket for the whole day and the ticket confirms the time I had bought the ticket. I stated this in my appeal but they unreasoonably rejected it, saying that I had failed to display it properly.

Do they have a case at all? Should I pay or just ignore it? I know the advice says that private notices are unenforceable but I want to check my circumstances.

Many thanks

Your circumstances are rock solid, IGNORE them completely and do not contact them again.

regards

Hi everyone,

It looks like I am not on my own here.

I have just registered here and I am writing to see if anyone knows how I can prove that I parked in Chorlton carpark,Manchester.

The story goes like this. I parked there about half a month ago , paid in the machine to get a ticket and displayed it on the dashboard. It is one of those machines where you have to enter the registration, so I did all that.

Today I received a letter asking me to pay £60 for not displaying the ticket, which is wrong because I did display it. They show a photo of my car entering and going out , which show my registration, but it doesn't show that I have not displayed my ticket!!

I have written an email to them straight away as they say if you want to appeal you have to do it before 7 days. And that's where I am at the moment.

could you tell me if those machines hold a record of the registration or cars that pay? Does anyone knows?

Any help on this matter will be very helpful, I feel very distressed and worried....:(

Botica, it will get confusing if you post the same problem in multiple threads. If you stick to one thread you will receive concise responses and everyone will be able to follow the thread of your ticket.

You have had your own thread created by a mod here,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/252304-excel-parking-chorlton-cum.html

it will be better if you only post in that one.