Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will this work eventually - Consumer Direct advice is to pay as they feel it is a breach of contract - but as I pointed out Excel have suffered no loss as the ticket was paid for.

Yes, ignoring does work. Consumer Direct are talking rubbish. By their reasoning if the sign had said £10,000, you would owe them that amount.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this work eventually - Consumer Direct advice is to pay as they feel it is a breach of contract - but as I pointed out Excel have suffered no loss as the ticket was paid for.
Could you ask Consumer Direct what the remedy for breach of contract is.

As you have pointed out, you had already paid for a parking ticket.

Pay nothing, do nothing.

Puff and bluster.

Nice pile of similar letters here, so don't worry.

Just had next notice to pay for £100 (13.2.09) to pay within 7 days otherwise court proceedings may be taken against me which may lead to a warrant being issued to the baliffs. It also states that I may incur £30 court fee and £50 solicitor's scale costs. I'm ignoring this one too!

Just to update all of those interested...

Received 'Final Demand Notice' today 23.2.09. Costs as above and 'failure to pay will result in court action'. 7 days to pay. Cheers.

:mad: I recieved a parking charge notice this morning (07/03/2009) for £60 for parking in Smyth Street car park for 16 mins on 1st February '09 at 7.30 pm. I parked in a disabled bay as my disabled husband was with me at the time and displpayed his disabled blue badge. We don't live in Wakefield but thought that after 6pm parking was free anyway but still displayed the blue badge as we always do. We were only there for 16 mins so can someone PLEASE tell me what I should do?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

i have been reading these posts with interest. i parked in a disbled bay on the Forester retail park in bradford with a disabled friend the other week and placed the blue badge etc on the dashboard, however it was a windy day and must have blown onto the car floor as i closed the door. On returning to the car i had a ticket. I looked for a warden but couldn't find one. i emailed excel explaining the situation and offering to attend with my friend and the blue badge. They wrote back saying I had admitted the badge was on the florr of the car therefore I had " failed to adhere to the rules and regs of the car park ".

i was just about to pay the tkt as today is the last day before it goes up to £100. What would you advise I do now ? could they clamp my car ( which incidentally is a company car ) now they have my home address ?

many thanks

seen the light

Hi I do not think they can clamp your car - mine is also a company car and I know my company would then take action if they did this. However - I have ignored their last notice for 100.00 as I have told them I have no intention of paying them as there penalty charge for not putting the right reg number is an excessive charge for breaking their terms and conditions ie they are trying to charge me 80 times more than the ticket cost - which I did pay for and still - therefore in writing I have stated that I am sure no judge would see this as fair in law and I know from the advice given that it is the case - they will keep pushing to see if you will give in - dont fight them as they need to be reasonable and they arent they are just trying to make money. Hope this helps will keep you posted if they do take me to court.

hi everyone

i have been reading these posts with interest. i parked in a disbled bay on the Forester retail park in bradford with a disabled friend the other week and placed the blue badge etc on the dashboard, however it was a windy day and must have blown onto the car floor as i closed the door. On returning to the car i had a ticket. I looked for a warden but couldn't find one. i emailed excel explaining the situation and offering to attend with my friend and the blue badge. They wrote back saying I had admitted the badge was on the florr of the car therefore I had " failed to adhere to the rules and regs of the car park ".

i was just about to pay the tkt as today is the last day before it goes up to £100. What would you advise I do now ? could they clamp my car ( which incidentally is a company car ) now they have my home address ?

many thanks

seen the light

Terms and conditions???

They're having a laugh.

Look around this site and you will see pics/links to the entrance signs to that car park.

Now, better peeps than me may confirm, but them signs do NOT comply with the BPA CoP, the one Excel agree to comply with to gain access to the DVLA data.

hi received a PCN from Excel yesterday - Bank Holiday Monday - i'd popped into Keighley (not something i do very often and assumed - obviously wrongly - that where i parked was a council site and that, as it was a bank hol, the parking was free. When we returned to the car we'd received a ticket.

(a) i coudln't see a notice saying that charges DID apply on a bank hol

(b) there was no attendant in evidence when we parked - although the ticket was issued shortly after we arrived

© there was no sign at the entrance pointing out the car park was a private company and the pay and display stations were at the far end

I've written to appeal - I assume they will reject the appeal but how do i stand for not paying the fine?

thanks! will do.....

You will shortly receive several, colourful threatening letters - usually addressed to the Keeper/owner/hirer/driver/thief/bottlewasher. If you're really lucky, they may include other nonsense too.

Do not get worried by these, simply file said junk and ignore.

i was going to appeal just to be seen to be doing the right thing... BUT i've not posted the letter yet - you all seem to be advising i just completely ignore the ticket - sorry if i'm being a bit thick but could you just explain the reasoning for me?

thanks

i was going to appeal just to be seen to be doing the right thing... BUT i've not posted the letter yet - you all seem to be advising i just completely ignore the ticket - sorry if i'm being a bit thick but could you just explain the reasoning for me?

thanks

Hi there.

By using any PPC 'appeals' system you will get the same response-rejection- which will take form as a standard template letter basically statin 'tough-pay up!'. This happens in 99.9% of all cases.

They are a private company and will therefore not turn down profit as they have forked out around £3 for the RK details from the DVLA and will want the £3 -plus interest (your invoice amount) back.

The general CAG advice is to ignore-why waste money on a stamp and letter too? By entering into correspondence with a PPC they will just send even more threatograms back thus applying more pressure on you into paying.

If you ignore you will recieve a few more letters threatening all sorts of things from them and thier DCA but ignore them too. If you have any further quieries just post on here :)

• Haha 1

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum as I have received an invoice or 'Parking Charge Notice' from you know who.

From reading the posts on this forum its the standard demand for £100 - despite the fact that this is the first time I have ever heard of this company!

My 'PCN' was issued on the 14th of March this year for not displaying a valid ticket/permit. I think I was parked in the Somerfield car park in the Broomhill area of Sheffield if anyone knows it.

Now, where I differ from a lot of you guys is that if I am correct and that is where I received the ticket I won't have bought a ticket. Basically, it was issued at 20:09 on a Saturday night and I popped into the shop for no more than 10 minutes max!

I know that if they came around at that moment (it is not a manned car park, nor do I believe does it have cctv) and found my car without a ticket then I did break the rules but £100 is seriously disproportionate!

What should I do? If it went to court then I am technically in the wrong as I didnt buy a ticket, and there is a machine there to pay. I'm not sure how much the tickets cost and if there is a time that it becomes free to park there but it can't be more than a pound or two surely?

Also, if it goes to court what is my best defence? Simply that they shouldnt charge me this much and I never received an original claim for money other than this £100 demand?

I may ring the company tomorrow however I'm not sure if I should, and i'm also considering contacting them via a letter.

I also worry though that if I don't pay then I am liable to costs above the already insane £100, or that worse still they'll come round and clamp my vehicle? Although I do live in Birmingham, so nowhere near the location of the company and where most of these incidents have occurred.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated!! I'm concerned, although less so now that I'm not alone on this! I should also note I have written to the British Parking Association, the DVLA, a free legal advice website called lawanswers and I've registered it with BBC's Watchdog (which I think EVERYONE should do!!)

Cheers