• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Now i totally understand why never to fone a DCA for help!

Just phoned Robinson way grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Shoulda known better.

Jebus i'm furious here!!! Me face is burning with anger. How can these people be allowed to carry on this kind of abuse to their clients on the fone?

Only phoned to change my bank details to pay from another account as i'm closing my other account and i got the third degree about how i have defaulted on my agreement (set up some months ago), to pay £10 a month. Funny that as the letters thanking me each month since it was set up, tell a very different story. Also the continual deduction of this 10er from my account must mean they are accepting it. They even say in the letter we may be able to come to some arrangement of a reduced final settlement offer. Yet she was screaming at me that i had broke the agreement.

I said look i only foned to change details to make sure you contnue to get your 10er a month, not to be harrassed and shouted at. She was saying well how much do you earn are u working, do you own your own house etc, etc, (all stuff i have already discussed when setting up the arrangement originally) and then finally saying, (get this) "We will have to set one of our solicitors on you if you don't pay the outstanding 1k odd up front.

I'm afraid I really got my hair off and said go for it then. Take me to court if you like but u'll be lucky to even get a 10er after the courts seen what i have coming in you silly woman and then she had the cheek to tell me, (as i was in the process of hanging up) to stop shouting at her, ha that's just sweet coming from her the way she was shouting at me. I just said oh go away you silly little woman and put the fone down.

I know i shouldn't have shouted back but the way she was talking to me was like i was some naughty little school girl and i wouldn't mind but she only sounded about 10 herself

Sorry for the rant but i just had to get it off my chest. :-x

And breathe.................

I'm just ashamed that i allowed myself to be lowered momentarily to their standards.

Why not cause more trouble for RWay and ask them to provide all documentation relating to this matter by way of a CCA request. Despite you paying them it doesn't follow that they have the proper paperwork.

If they don't have the papers then quite simply there is no enforceable debt. You could quite properly tell them to go and whislte for it. Indeed you could even gfo so far as to ask for all your money back because they cannot prove the debt is theirs to collect.

The old adage "don't get mad, get even" seems very apt in your case.

Cheers for the advice NP.

Just get's me thats all, that i am getting this earache and yet i am making an effort and trying to pay off this debt, but yet i am still getting this disgusting treatment from this DCA.

There are people who never ever pay for one reason and another, maybe because they can't afford to or whatever reason.

At least i'm trying, surely that should count for something to these people and so deserve to be treated with respect.:confused:

Definately CCA their asses. When they wonder why, they will just have to check and see which illbred call centre monkey abused you.

Go on do it. You know you want to and it will be the best quid you ever spent

Cheers for the advice NP.

Just get's me thats all, that i am getting this earache and yet i am making an effort and trying to pay off this debt, but yet i am still getting this disgusting treatment from this DCA.

There are people who never ever pay for one reason and another, maybe because they can't afford to or whatever reason.

At least i'm trying, surely that should count for something to these people and so deserve to be treated with respect.:confused:

The reason there are so many RWC threads on here is because of the attitude of their staff. You do not have to take abuse off some spotty kid who is not clever enough to flip burgers in Mac Ds

Seems your damned if you do and damned if you don't with these critters!:rolleyes:

OCD

But i thought if you were paying the debt that meant you'd already acknowledged it, so they could say they didn't have to send a cca as i have accepted the debt by making payments.:?:

They HAVE to send you a CCA if you request it. Doesn't matter what you've paid previously, that's not the point.

Do I take it from your first post that you pay them by Direct Debit?

DON'T! what's to stop them increasing the amount they request? (It happens!) Standing orders are much better, because YOU are in control.

;)

I feel your anger Amber! Been there, done it, CCA'd them and had the last laugh :D

What the idiots working for the DCAs don't realise is that abusing people is counterproductive...why hand money over to these people when they are employed to bully, harrass and intimidate.

No CCA, no enforcable debt

Don't get mad, get even, Good luck ;)

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Dont worry about shouting back at her. When dealing with DCA's I follow the simple rule, 'I will treat them how they treat me', if they are polite and honest and helpful, I will be too, if they shout and lie then I will too. They dont seem to like it when you can spout the law to them and be uncoperative with them.

Robinson, Way & Company Limited are my special friends!! :D:D

Go get a flaggon o' ale, a box of biccies and have a read of my Robby/Way thread!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co.html

You need pants of steel with these cake takers!

Happy reading! ;)

Good luck, Dave.

Robinson Way are near the top of my list of oxygen thieves. I suppose anyone phoning reaps the whirlwind of their employees' resentment at having such dismal jobs with such a dismal company.

Still, they're drones, and are probably monitored to ensure they reach their daily quota of customer disservice.

Amber, we had the same sort of experience from another DCA. We'd phoned to ensure Payplan would have the right details to send them our monthly payment, hubby spent at least 5 minutes trying to get a word in edgeways with a woman who suggested all kinds of 'money making tips' - selling the house etc. No matter that the original creditor had been receiving payments. It really didn't interest her. We should get the money somehow she said, they could bankrupt us she said, just get the money she said, I give you x days, or else. He could not have any kind of conversation with her. I heard him trying. He came off the phone white - really white.

Now, through this site we sent the DCA a CCA request. They frothed and foamed in their reply, said 'soon as we've got it we expect immediate payment' etc. But the thing is, they didn't have it, couldn't get it.

But the really interesting thing is this. They read this forum. In fact, they're very sensitive (bless!) so I'll not mention their company name. I'd written about them here. When we asked for the CCA we also asked for a copy of their complaints procedure and also sent them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), with £10 payment. They went very quiet, and when we received the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data, the lengthy phone conversation had reduced, according to the 'Agent's record to just one sentence! And there were 6 'missing telephone export files'. :eek::rolleyes: Whatever could this mean!;)

So we wrote again saying that our complaint was (is) still outstanding, they may not process our data etc, and their frosty reply was, basically, "Okay".

That's the power of CAG!!

These 'agents' want you to react. CAG teaches you how to challenge them with the Law, and they don't like it!!

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Amber, do not be ashamed of what you have done RW&Co are absolute bullies and they would have you believe allsorts of nonsense and they prey on the vunerable and people's lack of understanding of the law and consumer credit act, so I for one am glad that you gave them what for!

DO CCA them, gives them something else to do and more lies to think of now CAG-ers are wise to most of their usual lies now!

Good luck!

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Just think of the calories you burned off!

They've got to be good for something ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Never speak to them on the phone. I refuse their calls and will never ever call them. Anything I have to say to them is in writing, that way I have evidence and a lower blood pressure. I've been bullied at work and it was horrible. At the very least I was paid for it till I quit. I don't pay people to bully me in my own home on a telephone line that I paid for. Not since I joined this forum anyway. Keep us updated!

Never speak to them on the phone. I refuse their calls and will never ever call them. Anything I have to say to them is in writing, that way I have evidence and a lower blood pressure. I've been bullied at work and it was horrible. At the very least I was paid for it till I quit. I don't pay people to bully me in my own home on a telephone line that I paid for. Not since I joined this forum anyway. Keep us updated!

Well Put:D

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Robinson, Way & Company Limited are my special friends!! :D:D

Go get a flaggon o' ale, a box of biccies and have a read of my Robby/Way thread!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co.html

You need pants of steel with these cake takers!

Happy reading! ;)

Good luck, Dave.

Haha hiya Dave, a site helper now eh? Cool. I alway's thought you would be a good candidate for being one with all your really useful and helpful info. Congrats! I've not posted much lately so never noticed your promotion.

Oh don't worry i have read your RW thread already. I followed it with great interest being as i am having dealings with them too. Had me in stitches on many occasion that thread, your a very funny man.

Well while I was out drinking the DCAs money all my friends have rallied to your support Amber. Now you know what REAL people think about the illbred morons that work for the Mount Street Muppets. I think you nwill have gathered now that a CCA is the best medicine these imbeciles could have. Dont worry what excuses they come up with. We have heard them all before and are more than able to deal with their pathetic responses.

Do I take it from your first post that you pay them by Direct Debit?

DON'T! what's to stop them increasing the amount they request? (It happens!) Standing orders are much better, because YOU are in control.

Hi oneofakind

No i don't have a direct debit with them thankfully. I learnt not to do that from here on CAG, it was a thread by Bookworm i think, about steps to deal with debt and it said only pay them by standing order as you are the ones in contol that way.

I won't ever pay by debit card again either, as when the account was with the original creditor, (before being passed to RW) they took more out than had been agreed and said they could, even though they knew i couldn't afford it and that it caused me to get bank charges. I told them to stop but they said they would carry on. So in the end i had to phone my bank and tell them i had lost my debit card so that i could have a new one with a different number, to stop them using that card number again. :x

Leant loads of helpful stuff and tips off here.